What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

He is a Catholic right? Wondering, if he stood for his beliefs and sign any certificates for catholic folks who divorced and remarried? 

Or were his principles not activated over time that sacrament? Or multitude of laws Catholics are supposed to uphold?

Big Blue messes a lot shit up and granted this Col may be a good dude, it is good and the right thing, the AF got him to end his career

6 hours ago, Jaded said:

So, if say, there was a signed treaty from that time period that said, "the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion," would that be enough to convince you of the founder's intent? 

Nah, that's wouldn't work--see the Second Amendment for an example of how people don't care what is in the Constitution or what the founding fathers said about a certain issues.

• Upvote 1

You’re right. Because it’s Islam and the cc can’t impliment his beliefs on me. Just himself. Your statement isn’t what happened in this case. He just bowed out of a signature and got someone higher to sign. Perfectly acceptable to most. Others just want to cause a ruckus just to cause one and watch people squirm.

23 minutes ago, Guardian said:

You’re right. Because it’s Islam and the cc can’t impliment his beliefs on me. Just himself. Your statement isn’t what happened in this case. He just bowed out of a signature and got someone higher to sign. Perfectly acceptable to most. Others just want to cause a ruckus just to cause one and watch people squirm.

You're right. It's fine for commanders to treat people differently because of their personal religious beliefs. Thanks for putting this all to rest. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Being a commander is not a requirement. If you're not interested in performing all of the usual duties for all of your subordinates who are serving in lawful capacities, then just don't be a commander.

It would be pandemonium amongst the ranks if the first gay commander only signed certs for gay spouses, and they would be rightly upset.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

21 hours ago, DirtyFlightSuit said:

old STUS/CC at Vance AFB was offered a similar option when faced with graduation and wouldn't let a student provide a rose to her partner.  He also caved.    Woulda rather him get fired then would have saved us all from having to deal with him the year or two after...

The old STUS/CC at Vance drew dicks on my checklist one flight in the KC-135 when I left my checklist on the Nav table.  So I find this 10% truth hard (sts) to believe.

2 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Being a commander is not a requirement. If you're not interested in performing all of the usual duties for all of your subordinates who are serving in lawful capacities, then just don't be a commander.

It would be pandemonium amongst the ranks if the first gay commander only signed certs for gay spouses, and they would be rightly upset.

The old Dover OG is gay.  He said that he never held it against someone, officially, when people would make comments against gay and lesbians.  However he said he made sure to remember all their names.

• Like 1

So my question is, why are we doing certificates or anything like that for anyone? How does this make us a more effective and efficient fighting force. If my wife ever got a certificate of appreciation from the AF, I’m sure she would think to herself, “this is all great, but doesn’t erase all the times I have been treated like I don’t matter at all. I would rather they just focus on doing their primary job so my husband can come home at a decent hour every now and then.”

I don’t know exactly what she would think, because I never ask her for her opinion anyways, but this is my best guess for what she would think.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So my question is, why are we doing certificates or anything like that for anyone?....

Exactly. And then two, we need to stop being f'in whiny assholes. An O-5 losing a career because he took this stance? Closed door invite, get a complete ass chewing and handled at the lowest level. But instead we blow it all out of proportion... we need to get over feelings.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Duck said:

So my question is, why are we doing certificates or anything like that for anyone? How does this make us a more effective and efficient fighting force. If my wife ever got a certificate of appreciation from the AF, I’m sure she would think to herself, “this is all great, but doesn’t erase all the times I have been treated like I don’t matter at all. I would rather they just focus on doing their primary job so my husband can come home at a decent hour every now and then.”

I don’t know exactly what she would think, because I never ask her for her opinion anyways, but this is my best guess for what she would think.

You must be way busier than me if making a certificate is a significant detractor from your ability to perform your primary duty and make the fighting force more efficient and effective.

You must be way busier than me if making a certificate is a significant detractor from your ability to perform your primary duty and make the fighting force more efficient and effective.

Slightly blown out of proportion and passive aggressive. Nice touch.

It's a waste of god damn time that benefits only the giver of the certificate to say "look at me, I'm acknowledging something". It's weak dick and lazy.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Azimuth said:

The old STUS/CC at Vance drew dicks on my checklist one flight in the KC-135 when I left my checklist on the Nav table.  So I find this 10% truth hard (sts) to believe.

The dude being referenced was a strike eagle dude, not a tanker guy. He is a full-up retard too. You’re probably thinking about someone else. Fortunately, this asshat was chased into retirement with a few valid IG complaints in tow. 

There are much more important issues to worry about than trying to eliminate the made up certificate qweep monster. I think that’s dangers point. 

I don’t discriminate. It’s either value added or it isn’t. If it isn’t, we need to eliminate it no matter how small. This queep didn’t happen overnight, it was the result of small concessions over the past 70 years.

I get what you are saying Danger, I just find it a cop out for the true problem behind all this.
  • Like 1

In before JQP gets to it: the entire US military in Japan is now banned from purchasing or consuming alcohol on or off base UFN after a DUI accident in Okinawa.

This even extends to people’s residences (I would love for these cowardly “leaders” to enforce this one.) 

EDIT: Here is a link to an article.  https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/japan-based-servicemembers-slapped-with-alcohol-ban-after-fatal-crash-on-okinawa-1.498605

Edited by dream big
Source
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dream big said:

In before JQP gets to it: the entire US military in Japan is now banned from purchasing or consuming alcohol on or off base UFN after a DUI accident in Okinawa.

This even extends to people’s residences (I would love for these cowardly “leaders” to enforce this one.) 

EDIT: Here is a link to an article.  https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/japan-based-servicemembers-slapped-with-alcohol-ban-after-fatal-crash-on-okinawa-1.498605

This should help pilot retention....good call.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

This should help pilot retention....good call.

Imagine the CEO of Southwest Air Lines telling all 55,000 employees nation-wide that they, or their family members, can’t drink or buy alcohol.  Just for perspective.

Absolutely asinine. We’ve devolved from leadership to management...and now we can only muster “really shitty management.”  FML.  Where’s the exit?

This incident involved .001% of the military people and dependents on Japan.  So let’s punish everyone. 

Edited by Bergman
  • Upvote 2