What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

12 hours ago, Holden said:

Seriously dude, WTF!? You've got zero street cred to support your personal beef with Azimuth. He's given some value-added posts on this forums, and right or wrong, he's already served his punishment for his past actions.

Move on and stop the insanity. Lets act like the professionals we are instead of a bunch of passive/aggressive, bitch-ass teenagers.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, GKinnear said:

Seriously dude, WTF!? You've got zero street cred to support your personal beef with Azimuth. He's given some value-added posts on this forums, and right or wrong, he's already served his punishment for his past actions.

Move on and stop the insanity. Lets act like the professionals we are instead of a bunch of passive/aggressive, bitch-ass teenagers.

This. You make a new account (assuming you used to have one to begin with) to spew your personal vendetta against azimuth in front of an audience that could care less about your beef with him. Take a hint, STFU, and move on already. You've been fed enough. 

Guest LumberjackAxe
On 7/22/2017 at 11:00 PM, Bergman said:

Now THIS is what's right with the Air Force.  Finally. This guy gets it.

Man it's easy to bitch about gates being closed, but goddamn, Knight said it in a way that makes me feel okay about it. Now if only Beale could fix that fvcking bridge...

1 hour ago, LumberjackAxe said:

Now if only Beale could fix that fvcking bridge...

Well... it's only been a year.  At least you can come down the road with a sign that says "Danger:  EXTREMELY Dangerous Turn!!"  BTW, I personally know 3 pilots that have gone off the road there.  

I swear... Beale has the worst gate setup I've seen.  

If that description is true, that Squadron Commander displayed total and complete incompetence. That kind of decision clearly displays a lack of qualification for the job.  Big picture people, it's not hard...

40 minutes ago, brabus said:

The word important should never be used in the same sentence as SOS. And the above sound par for the course.

At least it is only 6 weeks in residence and not a year like O-3 PME in the Marine Corps... Or two years via Distance Learning.

Edited by VMFA187

In SOS now and we were discussing this whole thing.  

Same thing happened to me when I received faulty treatment from a major surgery.  Wing CC approved waiver, SOS denied it for same reasons.  Now I'm still broke, but have to grit through it since it's the absolute last class I can do before my board.

Yea, 10% rule is strong with that one.  Why did the dude not call his Sq/CC immediately to get the Wg/CC to call AU directly and hash it out.. If the wing king already signed the waiver, they felt strongly about sending the guy so would certainly make a case for him to stay.

But hey, it's a facebook post and here I am expecting logic and rational thinking to apply.... silly me.

SOS, as it is constructed today, is a value added course. The material is good, but more importantly, since they changed the way the cadre are selected, the underlying tone for the program is greatly improved. Zero sarcasm.

Pilots love to think they are above learning leadership from books and workshops, but this thread has countless examples of how shitty pilots often are at leadership.

I hung out with a bunch of people my age, drank a lot, worked bankers' hours having conversations about the AF with people from different backgrounds, spent my weekends fishing in the morning and drinking on crab island till sundown, got to speak to academic power-houses in the field of leadership theory, and all while getting a break from the desk work and sims. I wish I could go every year.

If SOS is the problem, I'm no longer interested in y'alls solution.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

SOS, as it is constructed today, is a value added course. The material is good, but more importantly, since they changed the way the cadre are selected, the underlying tone for the program is greatly improved. Zero sarcasm.

Pilots love to think they are above learning leadership from books and workshops, but this thread has countless examples of how shitty pilots often are at leadership.

I hung out with a bunch of people my age, drank a lot, worked bankers' hours having conversations about the AF with people from different backgrounds, spent my weekends fishing in the morning and drinking on crab island till sundown, got to speak to academic power-houses in the field of leadership theory, and all while getting a break from the desk work and sims. I wish I could go every year.

If SOS is the problem, I'm no longer interested in y'alls solution.

Nerd.

• Upvote 2

SOS is all about how much work you're willing to put into it.  That being said, my SOS comprised of flipping feverishly through quizlet cards for a few hours before taking each of the three tests, while I was deployed...worst few hours of my life!  

ACSC in-correspondence is making me take a better look at the numbers for O-4 vs O-5 retirement.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

SOS is all about how much work you're willing to put into it.  That being said, my SOS comprised of flipping feverishly through quizlet cards for a few hours before taking each of the three tests, while I was deployed...worst few hours of my life!  
ACSC in-correspondence is making me take a better look at the numbers for O-4 vs O-5 retirement.  

Yeah, it's really not as big a difference as you would assume.

Back in the Good Ole Days, we were allowed to fly on the weekends during SOS.  My squadron sent two jets to Maxwell for one of the middle weekends and I got 2 BFM sorties each on Saturday and Sunday, with the RON at Eglin to hit the Destin beaches Saturday night.  It made SOS much more palatable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, RTB said:

Back in the Good Ole Days, we were allowed to fly on the weekends during SOS.  My squadron sent two jets to Maxwell for one of the middle weekends and I got 2 BFM sorties each on Saturday and Sunday, with the RON at Eglin to hit the Destin beaches Saturday night.  It made SOS much more palatable.

Holy hell, times have changed!

I went to SOS (under protest), 60 days after I pinned on O-3...Being the most "junior" guy there I actually had to pull CQ duty one weekend to sign people in and out.  :bash:

If the A-10 pilot's Wing/CC has any sack he would elevate this until he was told to pound sand by SECAF.  I know someone on the board knows the SOS/CC, please tell him to pull the bottom of his ears as hard as possible until he hears a loud popping sound.