What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

1 hour ago, Runr6730 said:

Regardless of the legality, posting the OSI interview videos went too far IMHO. If your intent was to highlight your accuser's inconsistent statements to those in a position to do something about it, then why post the interview videos in a public forum?  You've gained the public's awareness simply by posting your story, but posting the OSI videos makes it look like you're trying to get revenge by dragging their names through the dirt. 

Maybe I was trying to drag their names in the dirt? They've have drug my name, career, family in the dirt the last 1.5 years. Maybe I was trying to gain public awareness? The "system fairness" wasn't there, nor was it ever going to be.

The government had two complaining witnesses (girls) who both lied saying they never banged me, then the next day one girl said I sexually assaulted her and the other one said I sexually harassed her. They also had a witness who was former friend, who fucked both of them too, claim I raped both of them and I said a bunch of stuff I never did, then tried to testify against me in court to hide the fact he committed adultery and had unprofessional relationships as well.

So the government turned a blind eye to girls making false official statements, all three of them committed adultery. Yet I'm the one who's held to the letter of the law? Nah, it's all or none, not some.

I then had careerist pussy Commanders who really didn't care about fairness, clemency, and actually holding people accountable. They were too concerned with how horrible it would look for their careers (i.e. fired) if they charged "victims" for their collateral misconduct or gave me any clemency. 

Thr Air Force doesn't give a shit about me or my family or if I can pay rent on the first. Why would I care about them? Surely if these girls, former friend, and leadership did no wrong and did everything right, they would be more than happy to have an internal review of their actions.

These assholes always love controlling information, much like a dictatorship. They HATE their dirty laundry made public. I took their control over the information away from them, now they're freaking out, only because it could possibly affect their careers, they don't care about anyone else.

Ar the end of the day I fucked up and paid more than my fair share of the price. I'm not asking for my job back, or doing the "man I'm innocent, this is bullshit" whine because it's wrong and not true. But everyone is accountable for their actions and someone needs to stand up for this sexual assault witch hunt the DoD is currently doing.

Edited by Azimuth
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ThreeHoler said:

"It was not about punctuality. It was about this commander sending a message to Mario and punishing him for complaining," said Manago's attorney, Douglas Cody of Hammonton.

once again it's usually only d-bags who want to "send a message"

Azimuth, wow man.  Sorry you had to go through that.  WTF.  This is one of many reason my peers and I are leaving in droves.  I know countless females in the military that will blatantly lie and desecrate a guy's career if she thinks it will improve her situation.

At an unnamed overseas airlift base..there was a brand new copilot.  Fairly attractive.  Flirting with all the other LTs constantly.  No big deal right?  Well her boyfriend was an IP at another "desired" airlift base......Break break, out of left field she claims she is being "sexually harassed," and claimed two Lt NAVs specifically were sexually harassing her (they weren't.)  She even claimed sexual assault after one of them "touched her shoulder."  Despite 30+ witnesses in their favor, they weren't given an ounce of daylight to tell their side.  Reprimanded/Article 15 without question, grounded for several months and didn't make Captain.  Said female made her way over to the "desirable" airlift base to be with her boyfriend.  

The military justice system is a joke, corrupted by the SJW and political correctness that has infected this once great military the past decade or so.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Holden said:

Hey, everyone. This is my latest troll account. And this is my photo:

IMG_3552.PNG

For the record, I didn't buy the jacket. Also I have no idea who's account Holden is.

Edited by Azimuth

On 6/22/2017 at 7:24 AM, dream big said:

At an unnamed overseas airlift base..there was a brand new copilot.  Fairly attractive.  Flirting with all the other LTs constantly.  No big deal right?  Well her boyfriend was an IP at another "desired" airlift base......Break break, out of left field she claims she is being "sexually harassed," and claimed two Lt NAVs specifically were sexually harassing her (they weren't.)  She even claimed sexual assault after one of them "touched her shoulder."  Despite 30+ witnesses in their favor, they weren't given an ounce of daylight to tell their side.  Reprimanded/Article 15 without question, grounded for several months and didn't make Captain.  Said female made her way over to the "desirable" airlift base to be with her boyfriend.  

Why in the name of all that is holy did they accept Article 15s? The reprimand is probably coming regardless of the outcome given lower standard of proof, why not go to court for your reputation?

1 minute ago, Disco_Nav963 said:

Why in the name of all that is holy did they accept Article 15s? The reprimand is probably coming regardless of the outcome given lower standard of proof, why not go to court for your reputation?

It isn't that simple.  Going to a C-M, even if you are 100% certain of being totally innocent, is a very risky endeavor.

A C-M doesn't have the same standard of conduct that a civilian court does. In a C-M, charges can be added, changed, or modified at any time during the proceedings, so basically once you open the door up, anything and everything that is discovered during testimony is in play.  You can enter a C-M charged with one thing, and exit convicted of something else entirely depending on what came up during evidence and testimony.

Remember that the UCMJ does not include a presumption of innocence, and depending on the charges, has different standards of evidence and conviction than what we're used to in the civilian world.

Plus, a conviction at a C-M is a federal conviction, while an Art 15 isn't anything at all in the outside world.

Add all that up with the witch-hunt environment which we know exists in the USAF with respect to some topics (like sexual assault, particularly), and that is the makings of a potentially very bad situation for someone accused and being offered an Art 15.

During my career, I had the "opportunity" to pay a large chunk of money to two different, very well known and talented former SJAs (and now high profile civilian attorneys) and they both heavily, heavily suggested taking the Art 15 rather than risking a Court-Martial.

• Upvote 7

It isn't that simple.  Going to a C-M, even if you are 100% certain of being totally innocent, is a very risky endeavor.
A C-M doesn't have the same standard of conduct that a civilian court does. In a C-M, charges can be added, changed, or modified at any time during the proceedings, so basically once you open the door up, anything and everything that is discovered during testimony is in play.  You can enter a C-M charged with one thing, and exit convicted of something else entirely depending on what came up during evidence and testimony.
Remember that the UCMJ does not include a presumption of innocence, and depending on the charges, has different standards of evidence and conviction than what we're used to in the civilian world.
Plus, a conviction at a C-M is a federal conviction, while an Art 15 isn't anything at all in the outside world.
Add all that up with the witch-hunt environment which we know exists in the USAF with respect to some topics (like sexual assault, particularly), and that is the makings of a potentially very bad situation for someone accused and being offered an Art 15.
During my career, I had the "opportunity" to pay a large chunk of money to two different, very well known and talented former SJAs (and now high profile civilian attorneys) and they both heavily, heavily suggested taking the Art 15 rather than risking a Court-Martial.

It may not be that simple as you say, but...

What you wrote as the pitfalls of the system is also not quite that simple.

There is absolutely still a presumption of innocence and the burden of proof is with the government to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

The accused also get to choose judge only or jury. Charges can be amended etc but that can happen on the civil side as well.

No, I am not a lawyer, but I have sat as a "judge" on a summary court martial and I can absolutely was not influenced one way or the other when it came to the verdict or the sentence.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

8 hours ago, Hacker said:

You forgot one major thing, a court martial requires the "beyond reasonable doubt" for standard of proof, not the "preponderance of evidence" for Art 15's, Admin Sep/BOI's, etc.

And sure the government can add (and less likely remove) charges, however it's completely up to the Convening Authority if he/she want to do that. For example my case started with four specifications of Art 92, however the Preliminary Hearing Officer for my Article 32 hearing (if you go to a General Court Martial, you're having a Art 32 hearing unless you waive it) said to throw out one of the specifications because it was bullshit.  Also right before my trial one of the government witnesses was going to plead the 5th if she took the stand, so the CA dismissed the charge with her. So your mileage may vary.

Also Officers ONLY go to a General Court Martial. Summary's and Special Court Martials are for Enlisted. As for the federal conviction thing, no one really cares depending what you're found guilty of. And if it's even found, they ask what it's for. Being found guilty of Military Only Related Offenses, like I was, it either wasn't found, nor listed because it wasn't considered a felony or misdemeanor. I was hired by two major airlines and a computer company.

No Commander, especially in the Air Force, will offer an Art 120 charged offense an Art 15 with the current witchunt with regard to the sexual assault allegations.

Edited by Azimuth
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Herk Driver said:

It may not be that simple as you say, but...

What you wrote as the pitfalls of the system is also not quite that simple.

There is absolutely still a presumption of innocence and the burden of proof is with the government to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

The accused also get to choose judge only or jury. Charges can be amended etc but that can happen on the civil side as well.

No, I am not a lawyer, but I have sat as a "judge" on a summary court martial and I can absolutely was not influenced one way or the other when it came to the verdict or the sentence.

Yes, you are totally correct, and I should have been substantially clearer about what I meant in that sentence.

Because Art 15s are Administrative punishment, they do not have the presumption of innocence or the same standards of administration or burden of proof as a civilian court.

A GCM does as you say.

11 hours ago, Disco_Nav963 said:

They tried man, they tried their hardest to fight this to include the IG, zero help from anyone despite multiple witnesses and character statements.  They were also relatively young and despite this tried to use the system to their advantage.  To be fair, one of the guys got his reduced to LOR and is doing okay.  

They tried man, they tried their hardest to fight this to include the IG, zero help from anyone despite multiple witnesses and character statements.  They were also relatively young and despite this tried to use the system to their advantage.  To be fair, one of the guys got his reduced to LOR and is doing okay.  

I think he is saying why didn't they turn down the Art 15 and opt for a C-M. Others have posted about the pitfalls of a C-M vs Art 15, but there is no try to turn down a 15. It is a simple initial on the face of the Art 15 paperwork. You have an absolute right to refuse to accept Art 15 punishment and go to court instead. Maybe I am misreading what you are saying.

• Upvote 1

It's the same guy who made the "hatedont" account and others. He's still making new accounts to talk trash.

Maybe there should be a waiting period before you can post...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, ihtfp06 said:

Maybe there should be a waiting period before you can post...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's probably the dude involved in my court martial. If I were him, I'd probably retain some counsel since the AETC/CC and his Sq/CC just downloaded loaded my evidence file.

Edited by Azimuth

8 hours ago, Champ Kind said:

Starting to get a little personal, here. I think this segment of the thread has run its course...

$2 for mis-use of the Walken Comma.

Edited by FourFans130
spelling...dammit GlassEmpty
  • Upvote 1

Received this message via social media.  I guess it's big news?

"I had originally talked myself out of writing you altogether but after thinking about how quickly Big Blue turned on you... I've obviously rethought that. I work at AFLOA and you are the talk nearly daily. CSAF has been briefed. I can't help but sit on the sidelines and laugh at this shitshow. Thank you for sharing your story publicly. I hope you press full steam ahead with making as much noise about this as you can on the outside."

The AFLOA is the Air Force Legal Operations Agency.

• Upvote 2