What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

6 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

I don't disagree with your sentiment or that of your dad, but in the name of accuracy--- those aren't titles of the CSAF reading list.  Those are featured TED talks.  The books are Here.  And they're mostly pretty good.

I will concede that many of the physical books look to be descent. But the TED talks are part of the "reading list" and are ridiculous. Further I'd point out, when you first go to the reading list, does it take you to the books page? No, it takes you to the Home tab, and what is featured front and center? Not the books, but the TED Talks. I do find it ironic that of the short list of 12 books 2 of them are about eating right while as referenced above they are discussing relaxing PT standards. 

Edited by Boilermaker
Add TED Talks being front and center

Maybe it's a self gratification class on how to not make a mess in the tent, that would be useful. 

• Upvote 2

To be fair (and serious), there are young adults out there who have never seen or touched a condom in real life.

In the other service, I had a Lance Corporal who, literally, didn't know what condoms were.  We took action to educate him after he announced his wife's 3rd pregnancy in as many years...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fox two said:

Holloman just banned all alcohol in the dorms, in response to isolated incidents of irresponsible drinking.  Great, we know people aren't going to stop, let's just force them to do it off base instead.  This will turn out well!

https://www.jqpublicblog.com/random-major-single-handedly-repeals-21st-amendment-revives-prohibition/

No they didn't. The TRS/CC banned alcohol in Non-Prior Service Airman's dorms.

19 minutes ago, Azimuth said:

Bingo.  There's literally nothing to see here.  Millions of NPS Airmen have gone through tech school without being able to drink in their dorms.  The only real story is that Tony Carr's once excellent blog has devolved into a mouthpiece for the whiners.  

• Upvote 10

Bingo.  There's literally nothing to see here.  Millions of NPS Airmen have gone through tech school without being able to drink in their dorms.  The only real story is that Tony Carr's once excellent blog has devolved into a mouthpiece for the whiners.  

Seemed like JQP was trying to draw light to the email from the over zealous "Director of Student Affairs" I can't even believe that's a real thing

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Seemed like JQP was trying to draw light to the email from the over zealous "Director of Student Affairs" I can't even believe that's a real thing

Maybe...or maybe he tried to sensationalize a "nothing to see here moment" when he wrote that a major single-handedly repealed the 21st amendment and reinstated prohibition.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Azimuth said:

Looks like the TRS/CC banned it in the NPS dorms, but this major included all dorms under the TRS's supervision. Which may be irrelevant if the only people in the TRS dorms are NPS, however, if the dorms have non-NPS studs than I can see the issue.

• 2 months later...

I'm surprised I haven't heard much discussion on here about the possibility of AD life improving under President Trump.  Retired General Mattis will now be the Secretary of Defense and from what I've heard there is not yet an incoming Secretary of the Air Force.

Part of Trump's campaign rhetoric was addressing the epidemic of incompetent, clueless leadership in this country.  Although he mostly meant this in reference to the politicians, it is a direct parallel to the sentiment on this forum regarding AF leadership.

But now that Trump is in office the political leadership at the top of the country has drastically changed.  And with Mattis especially, as the Secretary of Defense, I would think there will be a direct and profound effect on AF leadership and subsequently AF culture.  Mattis even send out a very promising letter throughout the DoD right after swearing in yesterday.  

Sound like these two guys are exactly what the AF needed.  So things about to get better, right?

Edited by Slick

Sound like these two guys are exactly what the AF needed.  So things about to get better, right?

As much as I trust Mattis to take a great vector for war fighters, more direct effects would promulgate from Fingers and the new Secretary. I like the initiatives that Fingers has started regarding focusing on the squadron and additional duty changes...but there's the middle management problem.

There are a multitude of qweep empires that have been built that will be defended between the Major level and Fingers.

One place Mattis and/or Trump could wreck shop is acquisitions. Edit: and the GS system.

Yesterday Trump pledged to "completely eradicate radical Islamic terrorism from the face of the earth."

I'll leave it to you to decide what impact a statement like that might have on your QoL.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Baseops Network Forums mobile app

Any worse than the unprecedented expansion of counter terror operations under the Obama doctrine? Probably not.

35 minutes ago, Ho Lee Fuk said:

Yesterday Trump pledged to "completely eradicate radical Islamic terrorism from the face of the earth."
I'll leave it to you to decide what impact a statement like that might have on your QoL.

I winced when I heard that too but I think T is somewhat like Duff-Man...

4028129604_5744abdb86.jpg

I take some of what he says with a healthy grain of salt and I am pretty sure he understands that saying that is like saying we're going to get rid of all bad people everywhere on earth forever.  

My hunch / hope is that what will be directly called "radical Islamic terrorism" will be a bit restricted and his administration will just accept the idea that the ME, HOA and in general parts of the Islamic world just work differently shall we say and only involve the US when our interests are at stake or it makes sense to nip a growing problem in the bud.

Buy oil, sell them stuff, intervene when necessary, keep your expectations realistic and don't think it is your job to change them.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Ho Lee Fuk said:

I'm not disgruntled with my job because of the deployments where I got to kill ISIL assholes on every sortie...

• Upvote 16

14 hours ago, Ho Lee Fuk said:

Maybe pertinent to this idea.

http://www.realclearworld.com/articles/2017/01/20/donald_trump_has_a_coherent_radical_foreign_policy_doctrine_112180.html

• Upvote 2