What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

Guest ThatGuy

Can someone give some accurate details on the shenanigans? I'm not asking for names, just pictures of the chicks, types of booze and how many FAIPs ended up in AWACs. Emphasis on the photos.

I think "it" got C-17s to Hawaii. Type of booze was the everlasting Soju.

post-34768-0-91510200-1408672940_thumb.j

Edited by slick999

Can someone give some accurate details on the shenanigans? I'm not asking for names, just pictures of the chicks, types of booze and how many FAIPs ended up in AWACs. Emphasis on the photos.

From what I've heard, it sounds like the DLF Wg/CC has it out for FAIPs after some adultery crap at his base involving a non-FAIP(?). Meanwhile, the rest of the AETC Sq/CC's are being called to San Antonio to discuss the instructor/student relationship situation with the new boss.

Now that we are out of Iraq (kinda) and soon out of Afghanistan (maybe), I truly think the Air Force has nothing better on which to focus. Once again, the whole shitting of pants/diapers thing is in effect. Perhaps someone at Laughlin could chime in...

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got this from a buddy @ Sheppard AFB today -

"So, while doing my orders in DTS for this course at Shepard, I found that they now only allow you to travel the day before class if overseas. They used to allow two days of travel so that one could adjust to the jet lag somewhat. When inquiring as to the reasoning behind such a massive FU, I was told that "AETC is in a financial crunch, and has to make cuts on travel orders".

Yesterday I found out why. Whilst walking into the building in my beloved Blues, I found a civilian standing at the door with a clipboard. Looking around, I found a civilian at EVERY door with a clipboard. Turns out, they've hired something like 40 civilians to stand outside of every building each Monday and take down the names of anyone not in Blues. This report then goes to the General... Stellar job AETC, stellar job."

That's easy to have fun with. Borrow a few name tags before you leave home. Step 2: visit every building on base in flight suit but keep changing name tags. Make sure your SQ/CC is represented too. Pro-tip: don't do it at a base when you are the only guy there from your squadron. Plausible deniability gets lost that way.

• Upvote 1

We're not zipper suited sun gods. Our only movable name tags are on blues.

My name tag/wings are on Velcro...I must be special.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

That's easy to have fun with. Borrow a few name tags before you leave home. Step 2: visit every building on base in flight suit but keep changing name tags. Make sure your SQ/CC is represented too. Pro-tip: don't do it at a base when you are the only guy there from your squadron. Plausible deniability gets lost that way.

I remember the day at SOS where they made a last second change to the schedule that resulted in our flight being the only flight in FDU/ABUs in Polifka. Several processes were implemented immediately to prevent such an atrocity from ever occurring again.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Edit to add: I don't read good.

Edited by ARIs 'R' Us

• 1 month later...

"Guys, the Chief of Staff won't be around much longer, get your master's degrees done. You don't want to be caught off guard when they change it back." Just a FYI stake in the ground from my sq/cc at our commanders call the other day--in case anyone is looking for a benchmark at how well the CoS' changes are being received down here at the sq level. Anyone else seeing similar?

"Guys, the Chief of Staff won't be around much longer, get your master's degrees done. You don't want to be caught off guard when they change it back." Just a FYI stake in the ground from my sq/cc at our commanders call the other day--in case anyone is looking for a benchmark at how well the CoS' changes are being received down here at the sq level. Anyone else seeing similar?

Effing bureaucracy. Maybe Welsh is too nice (apart from his tour being nearly complete). Sometimes, you might need a person both revered and feared.

Effing bureaucracy. Maybe Welsh is too nice (apart from his tour being nearly complete). Sometimes, you might need a person both revered and feared.

A good read. This caught my eye:

If you are always on the hunt for complacency, argues Mattis, you will reward risk-takers, and people who thrive in uncertainty. "Take the mavericks in your service," he tells new officers, "the ones that wear rumpled uniforms and look like a bag of mud but whose ideas are so offsetting that they actually upset the people in the bureaucracy. One of your primary jobs is to take the risk and protect these people, because if they are not nurtured in your service, the enemy will bring their contrary ideas to you."

• Upvote 2

Was told today that to do a Coronet to Hawaii, per AMC, crews will have to check out guns, arm while flying, A-Bag, and ground chem mask. This is for all TACC tasked missions that aren't CONUS, unless otherwise specified in the IFM remarks.

I'm so done with this shit.

Was told today that to do a Coronet to Hawaii, per AMC, crews will have to check out guns, arm while flying, A-Bag, and ground chem mask. This is for all TACC tasked missions that aren't CONUS, unless otherwise specified in the IFM remarks.

They expecting to divert you mid-mission to Africa or something?

Welcome to four months ago.

I don't know a single dude/dudette who has stopped working on their masters. Word we got was basically "do it now, you'll have no time as an O4/O5"

It's not a matter of people not taking the Chiefs guidance seriously. It's a matter of people not trusting the system not to change in a very short amount of time and screw them in the long run by following old guidance.

• Upvote 3

A good read. This caught my eye:

If you are always on the hunt for complacency, argues Mattis, you will reward risk-takers, and people who thrive in uncertainty. "Take the mavericks in your service," he tells new officers, "the ones that wear rumpled uniforms and look like a bag of mud but whose ideas are so offsetting that they actually upset the people in the bureaucracy. One of your primary jobs is to take the risk and protect these people, because if they are not nurtured in your service, the enemy will bring their contrary ideas to you."

And then we ignore them, becuase 85 on a PT test and getting PME done at the last minute shows current leadership they don't have what it takes. Too bad they were busy flying as an IP 4 times a week and making sure the schedule was good and his LTs had good OPRs. Edited by matmacwc

The first question the AF asks its potential leaders is not whether or not you did a good job but did anything go wrong on your watch? Even if your performance was at best mediocre but nothing went wrong (probably because said "leader" was so paranoid and conservative that hardly a wheel turned unless that pro-sortie just had to be flown to kill those beans) then you move up. If your approach by hiding behind a reflexive no to anything that entails any risk allowed you to move up, why would you change it when you move up and the stakes get higher to move up to the next level?

Edited by Clark Griswold