What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

Went in 2010. It may have changed, but at the time your ranking was a mix of flight (peer) input, flight ranking, grades, and flight/cc input - in that order. As I recall your peer input was worth 40-50% and flt/cc ranking was only 10%. They added them all up and the top 10% in the school were the DGs.

zb

It may have changed since then. Granted I went on a waiver in 2012, but DG was decided about 3 days before our final peer evals were done. Unless they took the midterm eval and used it in your percentage breakdown. Either way, several guys I know that have DG'd around the 2011-2013ish classes all have 20lb brains and severely lack in common sense. Maybe that's what big blue wants for those particular years as GOs though.

Hence why I'm curious if anyone knows the truth of it all. I mean, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if our future leaders are just damn good at writing papers based off a movie we watched in class while I was tending to a hangover and counting down the hours before I could start again.

If by AAD you mean a Bachelor degree, then yes. Bachelor degrees in general are highly desired but not required. High school diplomas are generally required. Can't speak to community service. Of all the apps I've filled out I've seen it mentioned once, on AA as I recall.

If you're talking about formal requirements, OK, college is only "highly desired." In reality, effectively zero guys without a college degree are getting hired (hell, getting interviewed) at the legacies without it right now....

When I interview a candidate for a position with my company, the question of whether or not they are PME complete and their DG status is the first. This is followed by a line of questions regarding their ability to lead by PowerPoint, their PT score, and whether they prefer to backstab or openly roll over their bros on their way to their next promotion.

So, back to things that are wrong:

Deploying 60% of your support force (Comm, FSS, Finance, SF, etc) while flying operational missions out of the base. Because AEFNEXT or whatever shit we're calling it now.

Don't forget those TCN taskings that came up last second or the reclama's that come down.

Enjoy the ESD boys, at least they'll have people around to pick up the phone... eventually.

So, back to things that are wrong:

Deploying 60% of your support force (Comm, FSS, Finance, SF, etc) while flying operational missions out of the base. Because AEFNEXT or whatever shit we're calling it now.

It should be called AEFPAST. This is how we deployed at one point in time. I am not sure about this one yet, but generally speaking deploying as a unit instead of onesie, twosie is how I would prefer to go.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

How this came up is a good question, but another question worth asking is why 5 dudes with career-enhancing DG accolades decide to get out of the AF? Of course this question is rhetorical since this thread explains a lot of it, but it is a question the AF should be asking but probably doesn't recognize the significance of it yet.

It didn't come up. We were too drunk and happy to be there. I was being sarcastic. No one...let me repeat, NO ONE...gives a shit about DG.

Now, FAIPgate...pics or it didn't happen.

Edited by Vetter

It's where they think their opinions matter.

Now back to the shenanigans.

Oh, I didn't think they actually talked about anything...I thought it was just a weekend of debauchery, booze, and banging random chicks. FAIPS actually talk shop at those things?! Ok, forget I asked about it...