What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

I agree with the vast minority comment, but not on leaders, but on the stories in this group. I believe the vast minority of each story has some truth. I believe the problem with your AF is the entitlement your young pilots seem to have. "This is why I got out of AMC". A good leader would suck it up, try to make it to a position where you can make these changes. Instead you run and leave your "wingman" to endure. To the vast majority complaining on this forum, reflect on your own integrity and ask yourself what you can do to make it better instead of complaining on a public forum.

ACkdp.gif

• Upvote 4

I agree with the vast minority comment, but not on leaders, but on the stories in this group. I believe the vast minority of each story has some truth. I believe the problem with your AF is the entitlement your young pilots seem to have. "This is why I got out of AMC". A good leader would suck it up, try to make it to a position where you can make these changes. Instead you run and leave your "wingman" to endure. To the vast majority complaining on this forum, reflect on your own integrity and ask yourself what you can do to make it better instead of complaining on a public forum.

Suck a bag of dicks. A good leader would get the ###### out and go make a difference somewhere where they were actually given the authority to lead.

Edited by Grabby

Vast Minority... genius.

I love this statement, because it attacks on the three fronts that are most likely to outrage people on this forum: being entitled, being a bad leader, and lacking integrity. With a sprinkle of "leaving a man behind" for good effect.

"Only a transvestite satanic child molester would get out of the Air Force! Do 30 years or you're totally a pussy!"

Did I do it right?

• Upvote 3

I would hope a senior enlisted advisor would have better grammar.

I do agree with the entitlement comment but not for pilots exclusively. The entitlement problem runs rampant through all the ranks. Entitlement is different than respect. Entitlement allows NCOs / Airmen to correct officers in public over stupid uniform errors.

If you are a senior enlisted advisor I hope that you tell your fellow senior enlisted that none of us mind being corrected. We do mind the manner in which you do correct us. Praise in public correct in private, somehow that tenet of leadership has missed the latest generation.

A correction issued by a subordinate is a recommendation/reminder, not an order. Also, subordinates do not interpret the subjective parts of AFIs to their superiors, especially when it comes to ancillary regulations. An example of this is an Airman who turns away a Major from his PT test because the Airman feels the Major's shoes are a little too bright or "loud". I have no problem with them acting as the SME in something they've been trained to do, such as actually administering the PT test, but turning someone away because their own interpretation of a reg that isn't core to their duty is out of bounds.

This logic extends to all other areas too. At the end of the day, if I outrank you, I expect appropriate treatment, even if you're the SME. The same goes for people that outrank me when I'm the SME and I don't have a problem with that.

How do you come to this conclusion, shipmate? Just by the posts on this forum? Seriously, not trying to attack you on it, just wondering.

How do you come to this conclusion, shipmate? Just by the posts on this forum? Seriously, not trying to attack you on it, just wondering.

....Marines aren't shipmates. And SEA doesn't speak for the rest of the Yut Yuts...

A good leader would suck it up, try to make it to a position where you can make these changes. Instead you run and leave your "wingman" to endure.

Get bent, assclown.

Guys who leave the service have done their time and deserve to have their hand shaken for their service on the way out, not your finger wagged at them for not staying in.

• Upvote 10

Nah, my wingman probably got out 6 months before me. Anyone who wants to make a change will be passed over in favor of people who think the system works great.

Truly remarkable forum. Must be meant for whiny Air Force aircrew who can not maintain simple standards. Come join the USMC, we'll teach you how to fly right.

Been there, done that, couldn't be happier now that I'm on the other side of the fence getting paid the same as an equal rank Marine while enjoying a better quality of life. Enjoy your "fighting hole" while I collect a fat per diem check.

I'll agree to shaking your hand for honorable service (2 years or 30 years, whatever amount of time). I will not agree to whining with no real plan to make a difference. Giving a complaint without all the information or no reasonable solution is just complaining to complain and a waste of time. Now that I think about, conversing with fools doesn't make me a wise woman.

I'll agree to shaking your hand for honorable service (2 years or 30 years, whatever amount of time). I will not agree to whining with no real plan to make a difference. Giving a complaint without all the information or no reasonable solution is just complaining to complain and a waste of time. Now that I think about, conversing with fools doesn't make me a wise woman.

Just so I'm tracking:

You're complaining without all the information or no reasonable solution about people who complain without all the information or no reasonable solution?

Got it.

Douche

Now that I think about, conversing with fools doesn't make me a wise woman.

You're right a wise woman would be in the kitchen making sandwiches for us. /sarcasm

Seriously though throwing spears in your first post (as evidence by the responses) gets you nowhere.

Edited by Fuzz

Giving a complaint without all the information or no reasonable solution is just complaining to complain and a waste of time.

Nope, also totally wrong.

Just because the loadmaster doesn't know the corrective action doesn't mean I tell him to STFU when he reports that he sees smoke coming out of the engine.

There are a lot of folks in the service who aren't in positions where they can impact the solution, yet have no difficulty identifying there is something wrong. It is leadership's job to un-fuck that goat; that's sorta, y'know, why they got put in that position in the first place.

Edited by Hacker
  • Upvote 3

All right come on SEA you stirred up a hornet's nest so why don't you post something of substance. We are all ears/eyes. Surely you didn't just join a predominately Air Force forum to kick some sand in our eyes without contributing. Out with it!

Otherwise you are a useless troll amongst 100+ that have frequented here in the 11 years I've hung around.

Edited by Skitzo