What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

People go nuts with ABU mods. Creasing the sleeves is step 1, followed shortly by sticking shit in the hats to make them stiffer. Then the real insanity begins. "I don't put anything in these shirt pockets, so I'll sew them shut! And on the pants too, that'll be real high speed!" Next is buying a coffee can hat I guess. But the real crazy one, the one that shows you've lost all normal human reasoning, is sewing down the collar all the way around the neck. I've only seen it once, but it was heinous. Looked like one of those shitty 3d video game characters from ADLS.

I bet it was the guy who steals your govt phone in the cyberawareness one.

• Upvote 1

I thought that ABUs were "wash and wear." A quick Google search even claims that "starching and hot pressing of ABUs is prohibited." Is that valid?

Christ on a pony, I'm starting to have this argument with "high speed" Airmen and Lt's. Would be nice if the CMSAF didn't look like he shaves with this damn stripes. I'm sure he just "bought it that way." I don't like the rim of my cap folded in, so I straighten by hand when I put it on. But those frenchified caps look live vomit. Ugh...

It's amazing how the AF can't write a fucking regulation that isn't ambiguous, even when leadership said repeatedly during phase in what the goal for this was -

Per 36-2903 -

5.1... Light ironing and center creasing of enlisted chevrons is authorized; however, repeated hot pressing or heavy ironing will accelerate the overall wear of the fabric.

Per the label on the inside of the "blouse" I'm wearing -

5. If needed, use light pressing. DO NOT COMMERCIAL HOT PRESS.

That's right, the label on the inside of the uniform is more directive than the AF regulation.

When can us Cyber Ops folks have flight suits so we can step away from this bullshit "uniform"?

His legendary douchebaggery poisoned a generation of Herk drivers. The best thing that could happen as a result of his toxic leadership is for those that were forced to serve under him to use him as an example of what not to be.

His legendary douchebaggery poisoned a generation of Herk drivers. The best thing that could happen as a result of his toxic leadership is for those that were forced to serve under him to use him as an example of what not to be.

There are plenty of home grown bad leaders in every MDS. It didn't take an outsider to poison the Herk community. Bright days ahead for the 19 AW.

Edited by Azimuth

• 3 weeks later...

Military Career Decision Survey

It's probably the best and most honest survey I've seen during my time in the AF. I did my part in letting the AF know how I feel. I hope everyone else takes the time to do the same.

Edited by PanchBarnes
  • Upvote 1

Can someone link me the survey? For some reason, I appear to be left off the distro list...

Did you already take the bonus? It seems to be targeted at those who haven't taken/ won't take the bonus.

The AF floats a few trial balloons in it- increase the bonus to $35/yr pre-tax (only corrects for inflation since late 90s), 15 year UPT ADSCs where 8 are on AD and 7 in the ARC (because we all know the AF won't screw that one up), and (the most interesting) shorter bonus contracts, potentially down to one year.

I can see lots of people waiting til the last minute and signing a one year bonus ADSC. The worst the AF could do is send you on a 180 deployment. You could still 7 day/ 3 day opt a PCS, 365, etc. That doesn't really help management though, so who knows what they're thinking.

Haven't heard from Liquid in a while...

The survey is probably AFSC dependent. I don't recall seeing anything about the $35K/yr bonus.

I got a survey as well. It seemed very different from the one you guys are chatting about, so this seems right.

There's a question on this survey that asks you what your AFSC is. Immediately following this question is when I was asked questions about the bonus. In other words, the survey asks different questions to different people based on their answers throughout.