The Yeager Thread

flynhigh

• 4 weeks later...

The injunction also prevents The Corps Group from using "fighter pilot-themed decorations such as camouflage netting, sand bags and parachutes" and "high tempo music in conjunction with fighter pilot or fighter images."

Holy hell...

"Right now, I basically have to de-fighter pilot myself and that fighter pilot image is a big deal to me," Borneman said.

If I were you, I'd start by de-douchebagging myself.

Edited by Spoo
  • Upvote 1

Murphy, who is also an F-15 instructor pilot in the Georgia Air National Guard, rejects the claim, saying the four pilots and former employees forced him to sue them in order to protect his business.

Didn't realize the Georgia ANG still had an F-15 squadron...

Yeager, wife revving up for the legal fight of their lives

On the steps of a Fresno courthouse, legendary Gen. Charles “Chuck” Yeager talked about shooting down Nazi German planes during World War II, breaking the sound barrier in an experimental aircraft in 1947 and parachuting out of a free-falling supersonic jet after his pressurized suit caught fire.

He also talked about his latest enemy – a Fresno law firm that has sued him for breach of contract.

“I would rather be fighting them in the air than stuck in this ... courtroom,” the 91-year-old said last week with a wry grin. “Nothing but a bunch of baloney going on in there.”

The American war hero who trained astronauts for NASA and still believes he can fly fighter jets finds himself as a defendant in a 5-year-old lawsuit filed by the oldest law firm in Fresno.

Wild, Carter & Tipton, founded in 1893, contends Yeager and his wife, Victoria Scott Yeager, never paid for its services in a number of civil cases and have an unpaid bill of nearly $270,000.

The Yeagers say the firm was doing the work for free and have countersued Wild, Carter & Tipton for legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty.

Reading the attached newspaper article makes me a little sad.

Guy who was a genuine hero multiple times over has crafted himself into douchebag stardom including, apparently, with his own children with the help of what seems to be a gold-digger who likes attention that she can't generate by herself.

There is definitely a "sell by" date for hero images.

• Upvote 1

Can you imagine dealing with her when 'ol Chucky was still on active duty?

Knock, knock?

He had been retired about 25 years by the time he met Victoria.

This article is about 10'years old... but still interesting.

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/jul/02/entertainment/et-hubler2

Edited by Huggyu2