Remote Split-Operations from Hurlburt

Hurlburt Field preferred for MQ-1 remote split-operation unit.

Wow, I almost can't believe this. Is the AF finally getting the idea that you can put control stations at non-shitty bases and have them operate UAVs physically based in other locations?

Yet another good deal for reserve bubbas...come on down and enjoy the emerald coast.

Edited by nsplayr

Hurlburt Field preferred for MQ-1 remote split-operation unit.

Wow, I almost can't believe this. Is the AF finally getting the idea that you can put control stations at non-shitty bases and have them operate UAVs physically based in other locations?

Yet another good deal for reserve bubbas...come on down and enjoy the emerald coast.

Yeah, this has been in the works forever, ACC has wanted the 2 SOS out of the CAOC-N's backyard for years, it's just the lease is finally up. This is not additive, it's simply moving an AFSOC reserve unit to an AFSOC location.

I think they are going to loose some folks in the move, but they will get others to take their spot.

Yeah, this has been in the works forever, ACC has wanted the 2 SOS out of the CAOC-N's backyard for years, it's just the lease is finally up. This is not additive, it's simply moving an AFSOC reserve unit to an AFSOC location.

I think they are going to loose some folks in the move, but they will get others to take their spot.

great, more traffic on 98.

Cannon is the answer.

After living here for two and a half years I think I can finally credibly say that I don't know what the big deal is with traffic on 98. Growing up on the East Coast and going to school in a city, traffic here is laughable. I've been caught in no-shit, you're now late from work as soon as you hit the highway traffic maybe 4 times total. In two and a half years. This was a monthly occurrence in Northern VA/DC area. Yea it's bad down in downtown FWB or destin on a Friday or Saturday night during tourist season, but that's typical of anywhere where people want to be. Total sidetrack, sorry to ramble.

I think it's a plus that dudes will get to enjoy HRT versus suffering out at Canon and it's a good sign that the AF realizes you don't have to co-locate control stations with actual UAVs. Opens the doors for even better assignment possibilities in the future.

Edited by nsplayr