RSU comments

TAMInated

The viper rolling off the runway and several beers in my belly reminded me of the RSU comments at pilot training. A few that I remember:

TTYNR: Take that, you naughty runway

WAE: Welcome aboard, ensign

BKIH: Burger King is hiring

NAFOD: No apparent fear of death

Yuck it up, these are now done electronically through TIMs and attached to the gradesheets, permanently.

Wizard (XL Aux) can barely keep the electricity on half the time. I doubt they'll be getting the internets or TIMS out there soon.

I remember sitting #1 when an Eagle landed at Vance. The RSU came on the radio (I recognized the voice of a check section FAIP who thought he was the shit) and said "F-15 on short final go around!" and the dude came back with "If you can shake the stick, you can take the jet..." and he landed. I laughed my ass off the entire sortie after that one.

I was working the RSU as the recorder one day, and a fellow classmate was on her pattern sortie, and would NOT request closed. Instead she just flew the entire box pattern(no STS here). The controller told me to write down WU/S for her callsign(It meant Wuss).

Edited by amcflyboy

Yuck it up, these are now done electronically through TIMs and attached to the gradesheets, permanently.

Who cares? I don't think anyone is going to be delayed into the FLUG/IPUG because some booger-eating FAIP wrote a pseudo-witty comment about the flare on a guy's pattern solo in T-6s.