-Times magazines, state of affairs :(

Guest FullOtto

Guest FullOtto

Flew out to SoCal to grab a bite to eat. :drinking:

2011JuneJuly%20174.jpg

Saw this at the DFW airport USO. :(

:darkcloud:

2011JuneJuly%20194.jpg

I am glad my parents can't come in and see our multi-service slander on a wall, or checkout line.

My comment is not toward the USO, as they always have these out. I even remember the day's when it talked about new weapons or new bases. But I am rather irked at the state of affairs being so precarious and publicized that all 3 of these magazines have that trash on them. :bohica:

Perhaps its time to put those black plastic cover things they put on front the pRon mags at the liquor store/BX onto the "times/crimes" magazines.

I personally relegate them as propaganda and let my politruk take care of it.

Seems worth a Col Kurtz comment.

otto

The horror, The horror is that this stuff is real. I can't speak to the navy or army article, but I'm out here somewhere sandy with 2 of those 157 great Americans who just got pink-slipped. It's not propaganda if it's true. Yeah it's embarassing; but maybe if we start airing the dirty laundry, some will make more of an effort to not crap the bed.

• Upvote 1

Guest FullOtto

.... but I'm out here somewhere sandy with 2 of those 157 great Americans who just got pink-slipped.

It's like a Jerry Springer show.

..feels like its 1945. And we're on the losing side.

No, if it was the Jerry Springer show, I'd be living in a trailer, which would be an improvement on my current conditions. Why can't we ever invade somewhere nice?

I'm holding out for Mexican drug war to spill over big time. We can base out of DM in Tuscon, get TDY money for flying in "combat," and hit up the bars on the weekend. Perfect setup.

No, if it was the Jerry Springer show, I'd be living in a trailer, which would be an improvement on my current conditions. Why can't we ever invade somewhere nice?

That's what the Balkans were for. Live at the Piancavallo ski resort, fly out of Aviano in a low threat/high per diem ($93/day) "war" with a tax exclusion for desert.

Guest FullOtto

That's what the Balkans were for. Live at the Piancavallo ski resort, fly out of Aviano in a low threat/high per diem ($93/day) "war" with a tax exclusion for desert.

I've heard stories of this from my older Aircraft Commanders. "back in the day" kinda lore.

To be fair, we did get per diem every day in Afghanistan for a few months till the tanker guys at Manas complained they got nuthin' cause they didn't land in the actual country.

That was good while it lasted.

I've heard stories of this from my older Aircraft Commanders. "back in the day" kinda lore.

To be fair, we did get per diem every day in Afghanistan for a few months till the tanker guys at Manas complained they got nuthin' cause they didn't land in the actual country.

That was good while it lasted.

Bosnia 1993....Staged out of Frankfurt ($86.00 per day), STAR Bar, Tax free, Hostile Fire pay, BMW rental cars....fucken aye!

Edited by ClearedHot

Bosnia 1993....Staged out of Frankfurt ($86.00 per day), STAR Bar, Tax free, Hostile Fire pay, BMS rental cars....######en aye!

DENY FLIGHT/PROVIDE PROMISE CAOC (Sep 94-Feb 95), Vicenza Italy, 5-Star Hotel Europa, individual rental cars, worked 4 on/3 off, drank so much wine I don't remember the per diem...