Last Beer You Drank and Rate It

Masshole

PBR... 10/10. smooth and simple. would only be about a 9, but it is about the only beer (I know of) that you can get a pint for $1.50 these days. So that gives it a bonus point.

Where do you find that? I thought $5 for a 24oz glass of Rolling Rock was a deal.

As far as brewery tours go, I would like to share the Beerdom Trail with people. The Massachusetts Board of Tourism did not seem to bite, but we are working on developing an easy way to tour some of New England's finest breweries. Right now it requires a DD because we are not sure how easy it is for people to get from the commuter rail to Narragansett and Redhook, but peep this:

Start out in Providence at Narragansett. They offered samples when we went down there, but they may only do it on certain dates. Head back up to Boston and hit up the Sam Adams brewery for 24oz of free samples. It is the best right before a new season because they take surveys of new brews and that is just extra free beer for you. Head further into town for a Harpoon tour and sampling. Both Sam Adams and Harpoon are accessible by the T, so you can park somewhere and just ride the metro. If you are not off your feet by then, you can end the day at Redhook in Portsmouth, NH. We still need to work out making it easier to travel in between these, but all the free beer is worth it and you get a load of the New England scenery.

WestmalleTriple tripel.jpg(a Belgium Trappist 9.75%)

Exceptional, makes doing Master's homework so much better.

The fact that Monk's brew it makes me smarter.

edit: spelling correction necessary after three bottles...

Edited by Swizzle

One (1) solitary lone soldier year old Miller Lite at the bottom of my ski boat's cooler. Found it after a three hour boat ride under an 18 pack of kid's juice boxes, some 6 oz Walmart cokes and two big bags of ice. Was so cold it burnt my hand.

10/10

Edited by StainedClass
  • Upvote 2

Bud Light Lime - 8/10 under normal circumstances, 10/10 when I'm hot & thirsty and it's ice cold. I realize it's kind of a weak, everyday commoner beer, but I really like how it tastes and it is very smooth.

(I am talking about the actual "Bud Light Lime", not a regular Bud Light with a slice of lime stuffed it it. Bud Light Lime just tastes better)

Honorable mentions:

Red Stripe Jamaican Lager

Fat Tire

Where do you find that? I thought $5 for a 24oz glass of Rolling Rock was a deal.

Down in the lovely panhandle of Florida I know of two places. One sells a 12oz can for a buck (at least they did a year ago), another place sells a pint can for $1.50 (that is current from about a month ago). They are also the only few places I know that sell PBR.

For my second selection. Coors Original (the banquet beer) 10/10, because it is just that good. No bonus points needed.

Only problem is that it is hard to find outside of the Class Six in Florida, since most bars only sell Coors light.

Guest jaybird141

Arrogant Basterd was the last beer I drank two months ago(deployed the next day)

9/10 only because the one I have waiting for me in my fridge back home will be 10/10...

A no beer for a while cheers :beer:

And a great topic!

You have to try the "Oaked" version of Arrogant Bastard. Freakin' awesome.

Techsan, could you send me a case of Sierra Nevada on the next rotator?

As for what I had last... A "Fuller's ESB", about the best that they have out here in sandland. Good flavor, okay hoppiness. But most important, highest alcohol content.

Spent yesterday afternoon up at Lagunitas Brewery in Petaluma CA. Sample the full line, did the tour, finished with the "Undercover Investigation Ale".

8.5/10

9.7% ABV

Nice smmoth ale, hint of pine with a little kick from the hopps at the end. If you ever see this beer on the shelf check out the label closely! Not an exact quote but here we go:

"Dedicated to all the would be astronauts and in remembrance of the 2005 St Patrciks Day massacre in the brewery party grounds and the 20 day shutdown that followed. Did the crime, did the time, got the bragging rights!"

The guy at the brewery told us: Basically they were investigated by undercover cops for employees smoking weed at the thursday 420 parties there (imagine that) after a few months they raided the place. The owner asked the agent who arrested him "is this what you want to do?" and the agent replied, "no I'd rather be an astronaut". After the legal proceedings ended they had to shut down for 20 days in January of 2006. Since then they've never looked back, demand has kept growing, the place is expanding, life is good.

Victory Golden Monkey

Rating: 8/10

As close to Chimay as you will get this side of the Atlantic. Would have been a 9 or 10 except for the $12/6 pack price. Delicious brew otherwise.

Kozel Svetly - from Ukraine hotel room mini-fridge because two weddings are taking up the hotel bar (anyone speak Russian or Ukrainian?) and it's the only thing open within a 1 mile walk.

Flavor: 6 of 10

Novelty: 9 of 10

Price: 10 doofers ($1.25)

20101203115720_kozel_0,5_plech_svetly.jpg

Edited by Swizzle

• 2 months later...

Sam Adams Boston Ale. Most people have tried the Boston Lager (it's their flagship product, after all), but I only recently started seeing the Boston Ale. It's pretty good, if you're into hoppy ales. 8/10.