Last Beer You Drank and Rate It

Masshole

Enjoying a few Founders Porters while pre-gaming for the Superbowl. 45 IBUs. 6.5% Alc. I give it a 9/10!

Best porter out there, in my humble, sober opinion. Founders makes an awesome IPA and Breakfast stout as well. And I love how the packaging has the IBUs and Alcohol % on the neck of each bottle of each brand. Standardized.

Dang, I just checked the beeradvocate score for the stout. I think that is the only beer I have ever drank that got a 100 on that website.

is anyone interested in a beer exchange? i know there's a lot of beers that aren't distributed widely, and this could be a cool way to try new/rare beers...

I'm in. Anyone going to Germany and can bring me a case of Das Helle, I get you anything available around Atlanta.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been a look time onlooker of these forums and thought I'd comment on this thread because this one is a regular one I read. I'm in a tonight between which to buy out of these Philadelphia regional beers:

Troegs Nugget Nectar Imperial Amber Ale

Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA

Victory Brewing Co. Golden Monkey Belgian Tripel

Also I'm just curious are there many home brewers out there in the flying community?

I've been a look time onlooker of these forums and thought I'd comment on this thread because this one is a regular one I read. I'm in a tonight between which to buy out of these Philadelphia regional beers:

Also I'm just curious are there many home brewers out there in the flying community?

The Dogfish Head 90 Minute is a must.

DSCN8796-1024x766.jpg

Finally got to try the Founders Imperial Stout. I have been looking for it ever since I first heard about it on beer advocate, but there finally appeared a few 4-packs at the local grocery store. Overall, it was pretty good, if you are into the double stout thing. It poured like motor oil, and I got a tiny drop from the bottle on my hand. That drop slowly rolled down, leaving a trail of brown smudge on my hand. Pretty thick stuff. It had a good taste, but nothing super special really stood out to me (maybe imperial stouts are not totally my thing). It tasted a lot like Rasputin Imperial Stout.

Still worth a shot if you can get it and put one down on a frigid winter night in front of the fire or something. I definitely will want to finish the other three before the warm weather starts.

Edited by JS

I've only heard good things about the Troegs...I say that one since it's not distributed as much.

I definitely will want to finish the other three before the warm weather starts.

Save em for a year or 2...beers like that age well.

• 3 weeks later...

Save em for a year or 2...beers like that age well.

I have heard that, so I am giving it a try. Two are stashed away to be used after the first snow of the next winter season. I read the same thing about Chimay Grande Reserve - about how they get better with age and should be stored upright to keep the extra yeast on the bottom. They even print the bottling date on the cork of the blue Chimay's, which is kind of cool. So I have three of the big Chimay blue's stashed away for next winter as well. Has anyone every actually aged these dark ales for a year or so and definitively noticed an improvement in taste and flavor??

So I came across this gem at the local Costco today for only $17, which is a pretty kick ass deal It's a limited edition package of four 22 oz bottles of Stone:

post-1758-0-38853200-1395892606_thumb.jp

Arrogant Bastard Ale

Imperial Russian Stout

IPA

Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale

I have had the IPA, DIPA, and one or two others from Stone and have been generally impressed. Can't wait to try these. I think $17 is a steal, because at the supermarket next door, they had the 22oz Imperial Stout going for almost $10, and the Self-Righteous for about $8 I think. Plus the Costco here also has the big bottles of Chimay Blue for only $10. Their prices are unbeatable.

Best porter out there, in my humble, sober opinion. Founders makes an awesome IPA and Breakfast stout as well. And I love how the packaging has the IBUs and Alcohol % on the neck of each bottle of each brand. Standardized.

Dang, I just checked the beeradvocate score for the stout. I think that is the only beer I have ever drank that got a 100 on that website.

Founders Centennial is easily my favorite IPA. Will have to try the porter when I make it back to the Midwest.

Narragansett. Asked for the shittiest non-PBR beer they had at this hipster cafe near the college I'm trying to attend. I got what I asked for. At least it helps me pregame before sorority chicks at the spot next door. Maybe one of them will be lucky number notch 13. It'll make me feel better for attending the local community college for my last few classes required to transfer to big bad university with glorious AFROTC.

Might not get a pilot slot due to crappy grades stemming from chasing too many chicks in college. Prior AD makes you appreciate college one thousand percent more. Gotta earn dat slot though.

Edited to say more clever crap to impress you guys with.

Edited by Vice

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Anyone have any decent recommendations for good beer places around Okinawa? The Okinawa Brewing Company is pretty good, but has a semi limited selection. The shoppette's here SUCK. Anywhere else in the Pacific but here has a nice selection of IPAs, but every shoppette on this island has absolute garbage beer.

Anyone have any decent recommendations for good beer places around Okinawa? The Okinawa Brewing Company is pretty good, but has a semi limited selection. The shoppette's here SUCK. Anywhere else in the Pacific but here has a nice selection of IPAs, but every shoppette on this island has absolute garbage beer.

Head out to gate 2 street. Cross the bridge and turn left into a parking lot. Japanese liquor store should be right in front of you. If you find yourself watching the banana show you have gone too far.