Last Beer You Drank and Rate It

Masshole

• 1 month later...

Finally picked up a sixer of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, I'm a big fan of their IPA and Double IPA - and the Celebration Ale fits right in. It's not as hoppy as their other IPAs, but the hops are there in the perfect amount with some nice "festive" malts holding everything down, I could drink a dozen of these.

10/10

Finally picked up a sixer of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, I'm a big fan of their IPA and Double IPA - and the Celebration Ale fits right in. It's not as hoppy as their other IPAs, but the hops are there in the perfect amount with some nice "festive" malts holding everything down, I could drink a dozen of these.

10/10

I do not know if I will ever try another Sierra Nevada beer. They are too sugary so they seem like a glorified Mike's Hard Lemonade. Not to mention the two I tried have more than 300 calories.

My family received some Alaskan Smoked Porter as a gift. I do not know where exactly to find this beer because it was shipped from California, but you need to try it if you can get your hands on it. Maybe one of the best beers made in America.

I do not know if I will ever try another Sierra Nevada beer. They are too sugary so they seem like a glorified Mike's Hard Lemonade. Not to mention the two I tried have more than 300 calories.

My family received some Alaskan Smoked Porter as a gift. I do not know where exactly to find this beer because it was shipped from California, but you need to try it if you can get your hands on it. Maybe one of the best beers made in America.

Ahhh...another brew brought to us by the makers of Alaskan Amber. I'll add it to the list to try.

I don't think I've ever had a better beer than the Alaskan Amber I cracked open in the shower after getting back from the camping trip at SERE - fvcking awesome.

• 1 month later...

Brooklyn Local #2, Belgian style bottle-fermented. Best US beer I've had in a looong time. Bought out the store this weekend, saving for a snowy Christmas....

15_image_local-2_large.png?1319830797

I was actually starting at this today, debating on wether to get that,

or this...

firestone-walker-double-jack-double-ipa.jpg

I got the Walker this time, but I saw'r that the store had Local #2 and Local #1, I'll have to try them both next time.

Boddingtons is amazing. Alaskan Amber, I went though survival > 7 years ago, and I still explicitly remember that beer, and how amazing it was

Their brewery in Juneau, AK has an awesome tour.

Depending on the base you're at and the Class Six's distributor the Class Six will take special orders. AK Brewing is starting to serve more distributors too and is migrating through the Northwest and West Coast. The Nellis Class Six manager hooked me up w/ Alaskan Amber as well as some of their seasonal ales...good stuff.

Boddingtons is amazing. Alaskan Amber, I went though survival > 7 years ago, and I still explicitly remember that beer, and how amazing it was

Same. I discovered Alaskan Amber at SERE also and still love it, especially since I don't get it too often.

Guest CombatWombat

Same. I discovered Alaskan Amber at SERE also and still love it, especially since I don't get it too often.

I agree Alaskan Amber is a fantastic all around beer for every-event style drinking. Also try kokanee. Great beer ice cold...full flavor and real smooth.

I've probably said this in the past but I'm not much of a beer drinker... however, Boulevard Brewery is quickly turning me into one.

Their unfiltered wheat is the best wheat beer I've ever had. Tank 7 was great from the tap (although too peppery out of the bottle).

I enjoyed my last selection- The Bully Porter:

Brand_Bully_Porter.jpg

For Valentine's Day I'm going to check out their limited release Chocolate Ale. It was selling for $100 a bottle last year. I think this year they upped their output of this beer 250%.

Brand_Chocolate_Ale.jpg

New Belgium Spring Seasonal "Dig" 9/10

Swung by the beer aisle today, just because, and saw that NB has already released their spring seasonal. It's a pale ale called Dig. It's definitely one of my favorite New Belgiums.

It's flavor has a lot going on (IMO), which I usually don't like, but this is good stuff.

Edited by Port Dog

Innis and Gunn.

Found this recently passing through Prestwick. Tthe bartender told me I'd enjoy this one as a Yank. Why? It's Scottish brewed beer that's aged in good ole Kentucky Burbon barrels. Possibly one of the greatest concepts in the history of beer.

I don't know how they compare in taste, but Lexington Brewing Co. makes a Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale in case you're ever in the area. Not nearby any AF bases but most likely closer than Prestwick...

Wow I'm impressed by all the love for Kentucky Ale. I've always thought of them as a small hometown brewery, but they've exploded thanks to good products and a cash injection from a giant horse feed corporation. I suppose they can get better deals on barley now. The regular ale is great; the Bourbon Barrel Ale is definitely an acquired taste for some. It loses a lot in the bottle, recommend getting one on tap at Keeneland for the full effect!

In the Northeast, Smuttynose makes some great seasonal stuff. The first time I tried their Imperial Stout at Rí Rá in Portsmouth I couldn't believe how good it was.

Man I love me some Ranger IPA. I gotta see if the C6 here has "Dig" and I'll let ya know how it compares. (I'm guessing not as hoppy since it's just a "Pale Ale")

Try and find the Double IPA by Firestone Walker... Trust me, it's no joke...

EDIT: To add..

Ruination by Stone Brewing... and

Mean Manalishi by Hoppin Frog

Both are on the aggressive end of the IPA spectrum. Both are 100+ IBU's ( I think the Hoppin Frog is about 180, actually).

Sorry, but IPA's are my bag, baby...

Edited by Grind

boogoop.jpg

Collaboration between Mikkeller and Three Floyds.

Too much flavor to describe. Very limited release, only 1,000 in my state, picked up two today. A Belgian ale without much of the the heavy sweet wine taste. Plenty of hop aroma and bitterness with a nice subtle spicy finish. A very interesting brew. No more beer postings for me for a while...