Last Beer You Drank and Rate It

Masshole

Pensacola Bay Brewery - Lil' Napoleon

Rated 2nd Place in a Florida beer tasting festival...lost to a beer from Gainsville...as far as I'm concerned though, Gainsville doesn't actually exist so, so it's the best beer in Florida (Go Noles)

Also, it is a Microbrewery that doesn't have their distribution license (which sounds way sketchier than it is) so you buy one of their logo glasses, and get a free 16 oz sample. It is awesome, if you are in the area for water survival @ NAS Pensacola - you should check it out - it is 10 minutes off base.

Stone Brewing: Ruination... 11/10

(California)

All out warfare on your senses. 100+ IBU

Not for the faint of heart, a must for fans of strong IPA's

Similar to Raging Bitch and Arrogant Old Bastard, but a more floral hop finish.

Fat Tire

8/10

Because everything the New Belgium Brewing Co. makes is fantastic.

Have you tried Mothership? It's an unfiltered Belgian White; certified organic wheat. By the same brewery. Ranger is spot on too, the liquor store by my house sells pint and a half's of Ranger and Fat Tire for $3... Dangerous

Edited by Grind

Have you tried Mothership? It's an unfiltered Belgian White; certified organic wheat. By the same brewery. Ranger is spot on too, the liquor store by my house sells pint and a half's of Ranger and Fat Tire for $3... Dangerous

The Mothership is pretty good, but my favorite New Belgium is Trippel. It reminds me of banana bread a little bit...not sure why.

But for now I'm on the obligatory annual Sam Adams Octoberfest kick.

The Mothership is pretty good, but my favorite New Belgium is Trippel. It reminds me of banana bread a little bit...not sure why.

But for now I'm on the obligatory annual Sam Adams Octoberfest kick.

I've had Trippel before, too much of a wine taste for my liking. Have you had Chimay? or Goose Island Mathilda? Those are great Belgian ales

Edited by Grind

Yes. I believe it is on the shelf with the other bottled waters.

You realize that you are setting Steve up for the Monty Python line that American beer is a lot like making love in a canoe.

Masshole, Are you old enough to know about Monty Python?

• Upvote 1

Partied like a rockstar at a wedding this last weekend, and I was able to have some Sam Adams Utopias. For something that costs between $300-600 a bottle, I would have thought it would have tasted better. It was more along the lines of prune juice. I will stick to my Lonestar and Shiner.

Shiner is solid. Also, the KLTS Class 6 has been selling 6 packs for $5.99 for the past 2 months. So it's pretty much 90% of the beer I drink these days. 7/10 by itself, but 8/10 due to the fact that I haven't gotten tired of it like I do with a lot of the other stuff.

Partied like a rockstar at a wedding this last weekend, and I was able to have some Sam Adams Utopias. For something that costs between $300-600 a bottle, I would have thought it would have tasted better. It was more along the lines of prune juice. I will stick to my Lonestar and Shiner.

I heard that stuff tastes like a bottle of smashed ass...

Mine.

Houblonmonstre Tripel IPA

Extract kit from Northern Brewer. This was my second batch with this kit and it's better than the first. One month primary, two weeks secondary and two weeks in the bottle. Great Belgian flavor with a hint of hops. Overall, 8/10. Not a bad ABV either....