"The Onion" Featured in AF Times

Pancake

“No one person or service is better than the other. We mustn’t forget that.” “I would say every job, no matter how big or how small, is important,” Waite said. “It doesn’t matter if you’re rucking gear up a mountain, or if you’re pumping s--- out of an aircraft.”

Not true. I wish people would quit spouting this bullshit. Some jobs are absolutely more difficult than others, thus the people that do them are more important. Virtually anyone in the military could learn this guy's job in about a week.

"Without me, the bathrooms don’t get serviced, cargo doesn’t get shipped on time, and bullets run out ... and the enemy wins.”

Well ok, he's right about this, our shit trucks were broken for three months in the desert and so we just cancelled all the sorties and played xbox the whole time. The enemy definitely won a little bit there.

He’s already received laser eye surgery and said he has 20/20 vision. He plans to cross-train to a new mission or move to the Navy.

So, I guess with the upgraded vision he can be a pilot now (I'm sure that's what his recruiter told him). OR he could transfer to the navy and suck poop out of boats. I think that's what he's saying.

070211w-airforce-latrine.JPG

OK, if you had to do this for a living; wouldn't you wear more than a thin plastic face protector and some cheap rubber gloves?!? :nob:

And WTF, the Canucks don’t use deodorizer in their planes?!? :bash:

Blue water lavatories are old tech. Few, if any modern aircraft use recirculating blue water any more. Nearly all current lavs are based on vacuum systems. This does two things: 1) the shit smell on the passenger airplane is reduced significantly for every flush; 2) eliminates spills eating away at the aircraft (blue water is corrosive).

Sure, it may smell a ######ton more if you're downwind of the shit truck, or the unfortunate SOB who has to operate it...

M2, those are fairly thick Atlas style gloves: http://www.seattlemarine.net/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1778&idcategory=982

They're pretty ######ing thick...but you can bet your ass I'd be wearing a whole lot more PPE than just some Atlas gloves and a face shield to pump some shit (STS).

Being on non AMC big jets SAC/TAC/ACC it was a job for the Crew Chief to do the shit job, had a hose break on me once at Nellis and took a shower in the shit and my AC asked me why I was so pissed off about. I said nothing sir and I gave him a bear hug then went over to the fire dept to hose off,shower and change. For the rated members of this forum be glad that God his given you the abilities,eyesight,and station in life to do what you do. I close on the note that for lav equiped acft crew members be thankful somebody does this job and think how a acft smells when it is not done in a timely manner and allowed to bake in the desert sun in a closed up acft. On the plus side on the civilian end this job if own the equipment and have a contract at a airport it is almost a license to print money, one time in Geneva had to pay the guy over $1200 US to dump my 4 lavatories on a C-137.

Being on non AMC big jets SAC/TAC/ACC it was a job for the Crew Chief to do the shit job, had a hose break on me once at Nellis and took a shower in the shit and my AC asked me why I was so pissed off about. I said nothing sir and I gave him a bear hug then went over to the fire dept to hose off,shower and change. For the rated members of this forum be glad that God his given you the abilities,eyesight,and station in life to do what you do. I close on the note that for lav equiped acft crew members be thankful somebody does this job and think how a acft smells when it is not done in a timely manner and allowed to bake in the desert sun in a closed up acft. On the plus side on the civilian end this job if own the equipment and have a contract at a airport it is almost a license to print money, one time in Geneva had to pay the guy over $1200 US to dump my 4 lavatories on a C-137.

I'm appreciative of the shit pumping dude (STS)...someone has to do it. I've had airplanes that smelled like shit for a month because our contracting buffoons couldn't get a legit contract set up to get our lavs serviced. It was not a good month.

On the other hand, yes there's a lot of money in aircraft servicing. My last fuel stop in Bucharest cost 12000 Euro for 1.5 hours on the ground, not inclusive of the fuel. :bohica:

First off, as a fellow Air Transportation airmen, I'm ashamed of SrA. Waite's comments. I don't know of many people in my aerial port with that attitude. We know who hacks the mission and who supports it.

Second, his "woe is me attitude" about sucking shit is odd. Fleet servicing is actually a fairly gravy job (poor choice of words) in the aerial port world.

Oh yeah, I'm sure he was just a LASIK procedure away from being a PJ...let the Navy have him, they use the enlisted dudes that work at the brig as piss test monitors instead of casual UPT studs, should be a step up for him.

:moon: seems appropriate...and I thought that the honey buckets were "For Women and Co-pilots Only"...at least that's what was written on the toilet seat of the first Herk I flew at the Rock...

• Upvote 1