NOV. AFRC Board

yea I got alternate again..... just wish I knew the reason. This is just getting stupid.

How were your numbers vs the averages posted? I am heading to the June board and the only number I am a bit worried about is my flight time.....

Also, for the dudes who were selected, do they just tell you where your going for UPT or can you request a base (dream sheet type thing)?

Waiting on dates still. Is it OTS then UPT or is there IFS involved?

IFS is done after OTS but before your UPT class starts. For AD you go TDY from your UPT base...I'm not sure how AFRS schedules it.

Edited by HiFlyer

IFS is done after OTS but before your UPT class starts. For AD you go TDY from your UPT base...I'm not sure how AFRS schedules it.

Thanks - I was wondering from the guys that got their dates if they are scheduled for IFS. I had heard if you already had a pilots license with some hours under your belt...AFRC might not send you to IFS.

Thanks - I was wondering from the guys that got their dates if they are scheduled for IFS. I had heard if you already had a pilots license with some hours under your belt...AFRC might not send you to IFS.

That used to be the case, but both the Guard and AFRS have modified their processes over the last year or two and I'm not sure what their current policy is. For the AD guys, they normally go to their UPT base, then get their IFS class assignment from there as a TDY, so maybe the Reserve guys do it that way also.

I have over 5,300 hours and I will be attending IFS so that is not a true statement.

I have over 5,300 hours and I will be attending IFS so that is not a true statement.

There is some truth to what ETAero said although its not straight forward. A guy in my squadron who had a ton of civilian jet time in fact bypassed IFS (and it was as recent as this past summer, 2011) , only because someone in my squadron did some research and found they were able to get some kind of waiver for him. If you only have a PPL and a few hundred hours or less I'll bet that you have no option of getting out of IFS.

That used to be the case, but both the Guard and AFRS have modified their processes over the last year or two and I'm not sure what their current policy is. For the AD guys, they normally go to their UPT base, then get their IFS class assignment from there as a TDY, so maybe the Reserve guys do it that way also.

Based on my experience and all my reserve buds...AFRC UPT candidates stay with their home squadron and only report to UPT usually 10 business days prior to their class start date. IFS is a TDY from the home unit.

• Upvote 1