NOV. AFRC Board

As far as a waiver goes I am unsure about getting it at the board. I think you are required to have it before applying to the board. It all depends on what you got in trouble for as well. I was a nervous wreck because I thought I would be required to have one, I got a ticket for drinking underage my freshman year in college. It was deferred and not on my record anywhere but my recruiter told me to report it. He said it does not even require a waiver and wont really affect me unless there is someone with the exact qualifications as I and that could be a deciding factor other than that dont worry. I hope it doesnt become a factor but I would say to still pursue a waiver.

This is the exact thing I was told I need a Moral Waiver for. I got an underage drinking citation my freshman year of college, it was deffered, paid a fine, cleaned up trash on the side of the street for 9 hours, and expunged from my record. Every recruiter I have talked to, and the hiring boards have said it will need a waiver. You discolsed it, but no waiver was needed? And your application was sent to the AFRC board? Anything you know, perhaps, in actual writing, that says I wouldn't need a waiver?

Thanks for the reply.

Throwing this out there to see if anyone else has an idea: Just found out that my recruiter with apparently every other recruiter in the reserves is at an annual conference this week. I've been trying to reach my recruiter for the last few days with no luck. I'm hoping he sent everything off but I'm not sure. I had an issue with my flight physical that caused a delay. Anyone know anything about this? Is it common for recruiters to go MIA like this a week before a deadline is due for a reserve board? Is the deadline still 31 Oct? Some help would be appreciated.

Common? The recruiters go TDY to "conferences" almost every other week, it's freaking ridiculous. I'd suggest calling the senior recruiter for your area, but they're probably at the conference too. Can you email your recruiter? They all have Blackberries, so he should get back to you (and it gives you a paper trail). Deadline is still 31 Oct.

Guest AF_Jhawk

Common? The recruiters go TDY to "conferences" almost every other week, it's freaking ridiculous. I'd suggest calling the senior recruiter for your area, but they're probably at the conference too. Can you email your recruiter? They all have Blackberries, so he should get back to you (and it gives you a paper trail). Deadline is still 31 Oct.

I finally got an email from him today, it wasn't necessarily to me but more to the flight doc asking if she had an update on my flight physical. If it wasn't for Scott AFB AD med guys dropping the ball this would have been taken care of weeks ago. I find this frustrating that he doesn't seem to be doing more to "fight" to make sure I make it to the board on time. Perhaps he knows something I don't and thats why he isn't too worried. I asked him a while back if the board would take applicants without certified physicals and all he said was "it was possible." Oh well, guess I'll just wait..just sucks that I've had everything to him that he needed by late July and I'm still am stuck in limbo.

Guest AF_Jhawk

Just got word from my recruiter that despite not having a certified physical my packet will still be meeting the Nov. board. Here's to hoping everything works out from here. Does anyone know when the board will actually convene?

Just got word from my recruiter that despite not having a certified physical my packet will still be meeting the Nov. board. Here's to hoping everything works out from here. Does anyone know when the board will actually convene?

Surprised about that - just got off the phone with AFRC and was told our candidate couldn't meet the board without certified physical complete. Board will convene Nov 15-16.

Guest AF_Jhawk

Surprised about that - just got off the phone with AFRC and was told our candidate couldn't meet the board without certified physical complete. Board will convene Nov 15-16.

My recruiter said that during the conference last week he got the okay from some colonel. I had my physical back in early July and due to many issues outside my control including information being entered into some system incorrectly. I believe thats why I'm being allowed to meet the board.

Guest AF_Jhawk

And now the waiting begins......T-11 days......anyone else as anxious as I am?

Yep, it seems like I've been waiting since April when I was first offered the position. bcpilot99, are you sponsored? Which unit?

Guest tbrown85

I have an email confirming receipt of my package from an AFRC A3 LT Col type, and that my package is complete and ready to meet the board next week. He stated also that results will be released hopefully first week of December. As far as I know the info on the board being bumped to Jan is false.

So for you guys meeting this board, was it a requirement to have both your MFS and FC1 or just your FC1 to meet the board? Reason I ask is because I am sitting on a FC1 that I had done at Hill AFB (w/ stamped approved waiver for PRK) but I have not done the MFS at Wright-Patt. Any body have a link or something to the official guidance on what is required to meet the board (medically speaking) now?

• 2 weeks later...

I got selected in June board and trying to figure out when they are going to release the dates is going to drive you crazy. I think it ended up taking about month after the board and that was just knowing you were selected. Dates followed a couple of weeks after. I definently feel for you guys waiting. Good luck!!!

Anyone heard anything yet? My recruiter told me he might have something by the end of this week. :banghead:

Patiently waiting

Well, at least you are patient still.... I get all excited everytime my phone rings or I get an email in hopes it my recruiter or POC... Still zilch....

Guest turboprop8771

I've not heard anything, but it took just over three weeks for the June board results to be released from the final date that the board had met. Wednesday would be 3 weeks from the November board; so hopefully the release time will be similar to June.