Non Continuation for passed over Majs

pilot-99999

I know of 2 x 11B3's fired & retired, 1 x 11B3 continued & 1 x 12B fired & retired.

WTF? no clue why some of same AFSC/critical skill were continued/not.

Me, I'm the continued guy... but f'g want out. It's like I'm being blackmailed to stay in w/o being able to decline for TERA this year. FML>

Twice passed-over 11F here. Offered continuation...I declined. Even at 15 years time in service the airline hiring is too good to pass up. Besides that, I'm more than ready to jump off this sinking ship.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

• Upvote 2

Twice passed-over 11F here. Offered continuation...I declined. Even at 15 years time in service the airline hiring is too good to pass up. Besides that, I'm more than ready to jump off this sinking ship.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Are you looking to go reserves & airlines? I'm curious if dudes are having a decent time working the afi 36-2005 waiver due to non-promotion-

Are you looking to go reserves & airlines? I'm curious if dudes are having a decent time working the afi 36-2005 waiver due to non-promotion-

Nope, I'm not currently pursuing anything AF related. Strictly going to airlines.

Nope, I'm not currently pursuing anything AF related. Strictly going to airlines.

You've been in 15 years, and aren't going to put in another 5 yrs part-time to get a retirement later in life? You must REALLY hate the AF.

Getting that last 5 years as a tr can take 20

Yes but you can still get a reserve retirement at age 60 with 20 "good years". 15 years active duty are 15 good years and all he would have to do is his TR for 5 more years (easy to get a good year as a flyer). Its not the active duty retirement but its better than 0 dollars at age 60. On the conservative side he would probably get 2 years worth of points in 5 years so that would get him a check every month for 17/20's of his base pay as soon as he hit 60.

My post apparently never made it.

11M non continuation and TERA. I know of another 11M exact same thing, and a 12M as well.

My 11T buddy (same ROTC class) got continued, but he hits 17 years be Dec of this year.

Last one I know of is a Mission Support O-4 who graduated with me. She made the list and had to be APZ.

I'm done in 6 months, and have to figure out retirment from Germany...wish me luck.

My 11T buddy (same ROTC class) got continued, but he hits 17 years be Dec of this year.

Is an 11T a tanker pilot? Don't they also have the core AFSC of an 11M?

Sorry to hear about the non continuation. Good luck in your retirement!

Is an 11T a tanker pilot? Don't they also have the core AFSC of an 11M?

Sorry to hear about the non continuation. Good luck in your retirement!

Tanker dudes are 11M. Maybe he's talking about an FTU guy?

Tanker dudes are 11M. Maybe he's talking about an FTU guy?

Possibly, though as I understand it, just like with the last RIF, it all comes down to your core AFSC, and there isn't one for school house IP's (unless it applies to FAIPs, but then again, that would be irrelevant for the O-5 board discussion).

Words via AFPC emails & my WIng King who was on the board... There were 135 officers offered continuation this year. It was allegedly based solely upon TAFMS-D for which there were specific "windows" determining what folks were eligible for (Seperation/Retirement/TERA/continuation). The only outlier as he remembered it was RPAs... with all being offered continuation (negative quality indicators & all).

Apparently there are 7 officers separated w/o TERA. AFPC is working towards SECAF approval of TERA for them (don't know any more specifics).

My local MPS chief discussed how the AF is making subtle changes to promotions, etc. resulting in even more disingenuous/in the dark/behind closed doors sorts of "force management" via promotions/timing. (His most significant example is shifting O-4 promotions left so 1 APZ (for O-5) happens prior to 15-yrs IOT start avoiding TERA hand-outs). Don't expect leadership, AFPC, etc. to explain any rationale for decisions... they'll keep quoting AFIs & Fact Sheets to avoid acknowledging their back-handed & coersive actions to pretend that all is well in personnel management land.

I'm starting to walk away... 30 Nov keeps looking better & better-

Edited by BonedRiver
  • Upvote 1

Words via AFPC emails & my WIng King who was on the board... There were 135 officers offered continuation this year. It was allegedly based solely upon TAFMS-D for which there were specific "windows" determining what folks were eligible for (Seperation/Retirement/TERA/continuation). The only outlier as he remembered it was RPAs... with all being offered continuation (negative quality indicators & all).

Apparently there are 7 officers separated w/o TERA. AFPC is working towards SECAF approval of TERA for them (don't know any more specifics).

My local MPS chief discussed how the AF is making subtle changes to promotions, etc. resulting in even more disingenuous/in the dark/behind closed doors sorts of "force management" via promotions/timing. (His most significant example is shifting O-4 promotions left so 1 APZ (for O-5) happens prior to 15-yrs IOT start avoiding TERA hand-outs). Don't expect leadership, AFPC, etc. to explain any rationale for decisions... they'll keep quoting AFIs & Fact Sheets to avoid acknowledging their back-handed & coersive actions to pretend that all is well in personnel management land.

I'm starting to walk away... 30 Nov keeps looking better & better-

When I received my initial Non-Select counseling, that was how it was explained to me as well. Using 30 Nov 2015 as the mandatory separation date; my TAFMSD put me within 4 years of retirement. AFPC said that meeting the four year "window" would be the pass to continuation.