E-4B

Sneedro

Anyone have any info or a link that talks about the minimum requirements for guys to go fly the E-4B?

Thanks for any help :beer:

I've seen it before....not right in front of me...

but, something along the lines of 2500 hours, IP/EP time preferred, no fighter time counted, recent worldwide experience, ability to get a TSCI clearance, etc. Not to complicated...I know 2 pilots in the squadron right now.

Ya, C-21 Pilot was pretty damned close. Here it is from the 11-2-E4

1.4. Minimum Requirements for Assignment to Perform E-4 Crew Duties:

1.4.1. Pilots (P) will be currently qualified in Tanker/Transport/Bomber (TTB) aircraft or a previously

qualified pilot in the E-4, have 2,500 hours total time and 1,500 hours TTB aircraft time with current

or previous TTB receiver air refueling experience, and be able to obtain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized

Information (TS/SCI) clearance.

Ya, C-21 Pilot was pretty damned close. Here it is from the 11-2-E4

1.4. Minimum Requirements for Assignment to Perform E-4 Crew Duties:

1.4.1. Pilots (P) will be currently qualified in Tanker/Transport/Bomber (TTB) aircraft or a previously

qualified pilot in the E-4, have 2,500 hours total time and 1,500 hours TTB aircraft time with current

or previous TTB receiver air refueling experience, and be able to obtain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized

Information (TS/SCI) clearance.

Yep....looked in my "inbox" and saw the AMS robot email this morning.

Thanks for info. I was looking for where the application stuff was at but with no luck. Is there anywhere I could start a better search for that type of stuff or is it something you just have to wait for the AMS robot to send out? I saw an AMS email many many months back but haven't seen one since.

:beer:

Guest Hueypilot812

Check on AFPC secure on a .mil computer...from what I remember, the AFPC assignments website has a link to the E-4B application process. The ISR assignments guy handles the E-4 stuff. Pretty much they want MWS IP time, A/R experience and TS/SCI eligibility, etc. The A/R experience pretty much sinks the chances of most slick Herk drivers, so I never really considered it.