Shoe Clerk Vol 3

Guest Buff1569

• 1 year later...

Once upon a time, it was WG/CC-directed policy at KWRI (but no longer). Gotta support the warriors downrange, you know.

No bullshit, the memo actually referenced deployed folks having to wear PTs.......

http://www.af.mil/information/bios/bio.asp?bioID=13951

Balan R. Ayyar.

We should stop referring to these people as "a certain WG/CC", etc on this site. If these people are going to create stupid bullshit policies, they need to be called out for it.

And not one Air Medal.

Ladies and gentlemen, one of many examples of how people with wings can be "shoes", too.

What goes around comes around?

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20140623/CAREERS03/306230034/Loose-travel-dollars-Ayyar-Cornum-Wyman-Moore

• Upvote 1

Karma, but getting canned for getting a room at the per diem rate sucks. At busy times of the year in DC, you can stay in the Ritz or the Motel 8 at the gov rate and per diem rate of $220/night plus tax, which is around 280.

What is it about Basic Training that results in so many of the AF enlisted going out of their way to avoid saluting?

I was walking down the sidewalk of the Navy Lodge a while back, in uniform, with 2 other officers,... and a soldier (probably in his mid-40's) in Army PT gear was walking toward us. He stepped off the sidewalk to make way, came to attention, and greeted us. Not over the top, just professional and polite. Not requirement to do so,... but you'd never see someone doing that in the AF ranks.

My first encounter with an officer was during BMT... I knew to salute but I was new to the military, 18 years old, and had never done it, so it freaked me out a little. After a while though I stopped being so freaked out and just did it when it was at an appropriate distance/situation (i.e. not running over to salute/walking out of a building at a weird angle with obstacles) and eye contact was made. It's really not that difficult and I'm sure the officer knows what an "approprite distance" is as well as I do.

Damn straight. Too bad there's nothing about all the money he wasted at WRI on "his" flowers, the trees that were uprooted on the main drag to make room for... trees, and all the other fuckery committed in "the Wing Commander" 's name.

** For those who didn't know, he often referred to himself in the third person during WG/CC calls (and probably other conversations too).