Shoe Clerk Vol 3

Guest Buff1569

So, just finished my PT test (time to put the short shorts away for a while) and one of the dudes in my group was pretty upset because he got an 84.4. When I asked why, he told me that his flight's minimum was an 85 and that this score would likely result in an LOC. Apparently his flight is VERY concerned about the flight average PT score. I wonder if the Flt/CC is as concerned with his troops' performance in their day to day duties. Unbelievable.

When I asked why, he told me that his flight's minimum was an 85 and that this score would likely result in an LOC.

As a new LT, I try not to be cynical about what the AF has become, especially having listened to my father (retired enlisted) talk about the AF during the Cold War. Yeah there were idiots back them but I never heard of anything even close to some of the retards I hear about on here.

Also last time I checked 75 was passing, I really hope the Flt/CC gets crushed by his superior for this stupidity.

He will get a medal and an OPR bullet that will allow him to promote BTZ

Most likely, because it makes his superior look good, and said officer will take the idea from this Flt/CC and implement it within the other flights under his command too. :banghead:

So, just finished my PT test (time to put the short shorts away for a while) and one of the dudes in my group was pretty upset because he got an 84.4. When I asked why, he told me that his flight's minimum was an 85 and that this score would likely result in an LOC. Apparently his flight is VERY concerned about the flight average PT score. I wonder if the Flt/CC is as concerned with his troops' performance in their day to day duties. Unbelievable.

WTF!? What would the LOC be for? Failure to exceed the standards by an arbitrary amount?

Most likely, because it makes his superior look good, and said officer will take the idea from this Flt/CC and implement it within the other flights under his command too. :banghead:

While he's at it, he should probably raise the standard to 100.0. Clearly there is room for improvement...

2. Reading BaseOps doesn't help with that either but the wealth of knowledge here is worth it.

3. As a LT, these forums have been invaluable pieces of information through my first few years in the AF. I take the negative with a grain of salt, focus on the positive; focus on what I can change, and not worry about what I cannot change.

Once upon a time, it was WG/CC-directed policy at KWRI (but no longer). Gotta support the warriors downrange, you know.

No bullshit, the memo actually referenced deployed folks having to wear PTs.......

Knew of a squadron deputy revising the leave policy in a squadron while the majority was deployed... since the guys deployed couldn't take leave, neither could those that stayed behind.

This deputy was not a pilot or nav.

• Upvote 1

Knew of a squadron deputy revising the leave policy in a squadron while the majority was deployed... since the guys deployed couldn't take leave, neither could those that stayed behind.

This deputy was not a pilot or nav.

UFB. Hooray. Now we are equally miserable

Edited by BQZip01

http://www.af.mil/in...asp?bioID=13951

Balan R. Ayyar.

We should stop referring to these people as "a certain WG/CC", etc on this site. If these people are going to create stupid bullshit policies, they need to be called out for it.

And not one Air Medal.

Ladies and gentlemen, one of many examples of how people with wings can be "shoes", too.

• Upvote 3

Leave is a Congressionally-mandated entitlement.

And that's why you always submit it. Make someone deny it in leaveweb. Then when you have Use/Lose and they ask why you haven't taken leave, you can tell your "leadership" to eat a dick.

• Upvote 2

But then the douchenozzle who came up with policy which literally steals from the people under his command doesn't get his scrotum nailed to the wall.

hell, I've got nothing to lose. If the policy's still in effect, I'll happily drop off an IG complaint!

Once upon a time, it was WG/CC-directed policy at KWRI (but no longer). Gotta support the warriors downrange, you know.

No bullshit, the memo actually referenced deployed folks having to wear PTs.......

I was there during that awesomeness. Word on the street was a BG from Dix was approached about the "new policy" when he was working out but not wearing PTs in the gym Next day, said policy was no longer. I remember said WG/CC's staff meetings, too (was before joint base took effect) and ops was -69 seconds of the meeting.

I was there during that awesomeness. Word on the street was a BG from Dix was approached about the "new policy" when he was working out but not wearing PTs in the gym Next day, said policy was no longer. I remember said WG/CC's staff meetings, too (was before joint base took effect) and ops was -69 seconds of the meeting.

Ops are such a small portion of what goes on at a base. Surely there are more important things

I remember said WG/CC's staff meetings, too (was before joint base took effect) and ops was -69 seconds of the meeting.

I remember my first staff meeting. I sat there for 2.5 hours listening to in detail stuff about queep and I remember thinking "Well, they're going to start talking about flying now." Then the Squadron Commander walked out of the room and we were done. Blew my mind.

I remember my first staff meeting. I sat there for 2.5 hours listening to in detail stuff about queep and I remember thinking "Well, they're going to start talking about flying now." Then the Squadron Commander walked out of the room and we were done. Blew my mind.

This shouldn't blow anybody's mind... it is actually a reflection of our entire Air Force and operators should take pride in this fact. Operators just get things done and don't need anyone to hold our hands or solve our problems... thats just who we are. I used to love sitting in Wing Staff meeting and listen to the Wing CC "go around the room" at the end... The MXG, MSG, Med Gp CC's would all have some stupid queep that they would spend 5 minutes babbling about. He would look at the OG and he'd always say, "OG is good, Sir" and the Wing CC would just smile. It was pretty much a not so subtle jab at the others saying, "We've got our shit squared away... you don't ever need to worry about us getting the job done."

• Upvote 9