Reconstitution Questions

Does the AF only use time in the AOR to determine the amount of reconstitution leave or do they use all time spent away from your home of record? I am deployed as guest help with another unit. I will have over 90 days deployed and will get another week of reconstitution if they consider time spent at the other unit (which is out of my State) as well as travel time getting to the AOR and back. Our Log Plans guy back home is telling me that they only use time in the AOR to calculate the leave while the unit I am with says they count all time away from home. Which is it and can someone point me to a specific reg?

Does the AF only use time in the AOR to determine the amount of reconstitution leave or do they use all time spent away from your home of record? I am deployed as guest help with another unit. I will have over 90 days deployed and will get another week of reconstitution if they consider time spent at the other unit (which is out of my State) as well as travel time getting to the AOR and back. Our Log Plans guy back home is telling me that they only use time in the AOR to calculate the leave while the unit I am with says they count all time away from home. Which is it and can someone point me to a specific reg?

I think your MAJCOM determines specifics. Here's some stuff from PACAF's policy:

FOR CONTINGENCY TDYS SUCH AS OPERATION NORTHERN WATCH OR ENDURING FREEDOM, CURRENT POLICY IS THAT COMMANDERS WILL PROVIDE DEPLOYED PERSONNEL WITH 1 DAY OFF FOR EVERY 6 DAYS DEPLOYED, UP TO A MAXIMUM OF 14 DAYS OFF.

PACAF WILL MAKE AN ADDITIONAL PROVISION FOR CERTAIN PERSONNEL, APPROVED BY THE WING COMMANDER, WHO SPECIFICALLY AND EXCLUSIVELY SUPPORTED THE CONTINGENCY DEPLOYMENT FROM A NON-AOR BASE LOCATION. FOR EXAMPLE, TDY DUTY AS A DIRECT UTC BACKFILL. WING COMMANDERS ARE BEST SUITED TO DETERMINE WHICH INDIVIDUALS OR UNITS INCURRED SUCH SPECIFIC DUTY, AND THEY WILL APPLY THE SAME FORMULA AND POLICY ALLOTTED FOR DEPLOYED PERSONNEL IN DETERMINING TIME OFF UPON RETURN TO BASE.

FOR ALL OTHER NON-CONTINGENCY UNACCOMPANIED TDYS EXCEEDING 30 OR MORE CONSECUTIVE DAYS, COMMANDERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO CONSIDER THE CURRENT PASS POLICY (IAW 36-3003, PARAS 8.3 AND 8.4) AS A WAY TO PROVIDE R&C, AS WELL AS A LIBERAL LEAVE OPPORTUNITY.

HQ_PACAF_RECOVERY_TIME_POLICY.PDF

I think your MAJCOM determines specifics. Here's some stuff from PACAF's policy:

FOR CONTINGENCY TDYS SUCH AS OPERATION NORTHERN WATCH OR ENDURING FREEDOM, CURRENT POLICY IS THAT COMMANDERS WILL PROVIDE DEPLOYED PERSONNEL WITH 1 DAY OFF FOR EVERY 6 DAYS DEPLOYED, UP TO A MAXIMUM OF 14 DAYS OFF.

PACAF WILL MAKE AN ADDITIONAL PROVISION FOR CERTAIN PERSONNEL, APPROVED BY THE WING COMMANDER, WHO SPECIFICALLY AND EXCLUSIVELY SUPPORTED THE CONTINGENCY DEPLOYMENT FROM A NON-AOR BASE LOCATION. FOR EXAMPLE, TDY DUTY AS A DIRECT UTC BACKFILL. WING COMMANDERS ARE BEST SUITED TO DETERMINE WHICH INDIVIDUALS OR UNITS INCURRED SUCH SPECIFIC DUTY, AND THEY WILL APPLY THE SAME FORMULA AND POLICY ALLOTTED FOR DEPLOYED PERSONNEL IN DETERMINING TIME OFF UPON RETURN TO BASE.

FOR ALL OTHER NON-CONTINGENCY UNACCOMPANIED TDYS EXCEEDING 30 OR MORE CONSECUTIVE DAYS, COMMANDERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO CONSIDER THE CURRENT PASS POLICY (IAW 36-3003, PARAS 8.3 AND 8.4) AS A WAY TO PROVIDE R&C, AS WELL AS A LIBERAL LEAVE OPPORTUNITY.

And your Sq/CC can waive the rest of your recon past your first 4 days... I believe.

Remember what they say about beatings: they will continue until morale improves

cheers :beer:

We in AMC have a nice fat reg. Its called AMCI 10-403. It works for both deployments and TDYs. Seems pretty clear, you TDY the time, you get a little back. Download, highlight, and present. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. Go Joe!

Here are the gems:

3.6. Post Deployment Downtime. (OPR: A1X; OCR Aircrews: A3O) Post Deployment Downtime is

a commander’s program designed to help maintain quality of life and retain valued Air Force members

to keep our military strong and ready.

3.6.1. Aircrew members will have 1-hour compensatory time for each 3 hours off-station (1 day

for every 3 days off-station) with a maximum of 4 days.

3.6.2. Following a deployment away from home station of 45 days or longer, all military members

will be given not more than 7 days compensatory time (3-day special pass IAW AFI 36-3003 and

4 days unscheduled time). Following a deployment away from home station of 90 days or longer,

authorized compensatory time is not more than 14 days (4-day special pass IAW AFI 36-3003 and

10 days unscheduled time). During compensatory time, members will not be assigned formal

duties and will be given appropriate time to care for personal and professional matters deferred

while TDY. The member will check in daily during any period of unscheduled time and must take

leave if departing the local area IAW AFI 36-3003.

3.6.3. Returning members must sign in with their unit’s Commander’s Support Staff the first duty

day after return. Post-deployment downtime will start as soon as possible following return to

home station, not to exceed 72 hours after return, and only after signing in with the CSS and completing

an in-processing checklist.

We in AMC have a nice fat reg. Its called AMCI 10-403. It works for both deployments and TDYs. Seems pretty clear, you TDY the time, you get a little back. Download, highlight, and present. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. Go Joe!

Here are the gems:

3.6. Post Deployment Downtime. (OPR: A1X; OCR Aircrews: A3O) Post Deployment Downtime is

a commander’s program designed to help maintain quality of life and retain valued Air Force members

to keep our military strong and ready.

3.6.1. Aircrew members will have 1-hour compensatory time for each 3 hours off-station (1 day

for every 3 days off-station) with a maximum of 4 days.

3.6.2. Following a deployment away from home station of 45 days or longer, all military members

will be given not more than 7 days compensatory time (3-day special pass IAW AFI 36-3003 and

4 days unscheduled time). Following a deployment away from home station of 90 days or longer,

authorized compensatory time is not more than 14 days (4-day special pass IAW AFI 36-3003 and

10 days unscheduled time). During compensatory time, members will not be assigned formal

duties and will be given appropriate time to care for personal and professional matters deferred

while TDY. The member will check in daily during any period of unscheduled time and must take

leave if departing the local area IAW AFI 36-3003.

3.6.3. Returning members must sign in with their unit’s Commander’s Support Staff the first duty

day after return. Post-deployment downtime will start as soon as possible following return to

home station, not to exceed 72 hours after return, and only after signing in with the CSS and completing

an in-processing checklist.

You forgot the waiver to this that states post mission down time is waived down to 24 hours...but that CC's should still "try" to give the above stated down time.

We in AMC have a nice fat reg. Its called AMCI 10-403. It works for both deployments and TDYs. Seems pretty clear, you TDY the time, you get a little back.

I remember when we first showed up at Pope we went down to the C-130 squadrons to talk about setting up some training and it was like a ghost town. There were some schedulers, the CC/DO and enlisted admin folks. I asked where everyone was and they looked at me like I had two craniums. I later found out guys lived as far away as Charlotte. I eventually connected with Moon Dog and found out about this "reconstitution" good deal. Moon Dog laughed that after you do a 10 day trip flying around the Caribbean you needed some days off (I think the max back them might have been three days).

Totally foreign concept in a fighter squadron, at least back then.

You forgot the waiver to this that states post mission down time is waived down to 24 hours...but that CC's should still "try" to give the above stated down time.

Please post such guidance. As far as I know, an OG is the approval authority for a post-mission crew rest waiver. And my Ctrl-F skills did not find the word "Waiver" in the AMCI

Out.

Please post such guidance. As far as I know, an OG is the approval authority for a post-mission crew rest waiver. And my Ctrl-F skills did not find the word "Waiver" in the AMCI

Out.

AMC OPORD...a document of which a good AMC pilot should be familiar. It has been a few years since I was in AMC, but when I left it was still waived down to 24 hours only by the AMC/CC. Who has more stars than your OG/CC.

Edited by ThreeHoler

Anyone know the source document for ACC?

Huggy, not "the" ACC source, but 11-2MC-12V3 has essentially the same wording in it (at least, the version that was current ~1 year ago did). Since your home wing also owns the MC-12, that should at least get your foot in the door.

I don't know what the ACC-level source is. FWIW, the 11-2RC-135 has the same thing, so there's certainly some consistency within ACC....

AMC OPORD...a document of which a good AMC pilot should be familiar. It has been a few years since I was in AMC, but when I left it was still waived down to 24 hours only by the AMC/CC. Who has more stars than your OG/CC.

I think the AMC OPORD is gone...

A "classified" reg to deal with time off from deployment?

can't let the enemy know if we ever take breaks to enjoy a good brew every now or then... or else all the brewery's in america will be target #1.

Edited by AEWingsMN