RPA Crossflow Results

Rifleman96

Today, AFPC released the results of the RPA Crossflow Board. Our WG/CC will discuss the actual numbers with us tomorrow. But I know of at least one dude who has been released back to AMC for a move in FY12. I do know that it was only about 10% that were released out of the 500+ eligible.

So pilots are going to leave Creech and actually physically fly inside of airplanes again?

I don't know the specifics of how it was divided but the numbers support that some lucky individuals will be leaving creech. The assignments have not been decided yet. All that is known is that pilots have been id'd to be released to their previous MAJCOM for reassignment. Now it is a waiting game to see when the assignments will drop.

So pilots are going to leave Creech and actually physically fly inside of airplanes again?

Everyone here got what they wanted. If you wanted to stay in drones, you will (obviously), and if you didn't, you hopefully won't have to. If you were released, it's not guaranteed you'll go back to your previous jet. No timeline was given and no clue what to expect for an assignment, but I am cautiously less pessimistic.

Everyone here got what they wanted. If you wanted to stay in drones, you will (obviously), and if you didn't, you hopefully won't have to. If you were released, it's not guaranteed you'll go back to your previous jet. No timeline was given and no clue what to expect for an assignment, but I am cautiously less pessimistic.

did you get released?

Yes.

A sincere congrats. I was in an ops squadron that was decimated by TAMI. I don't know how long you've been out of a cockpit, but trust me (ALO for three years) it's so good to get back into the mix.

So what the hell? When do the first non-recat dudes start heading back to their MWS?

We were told the earliest we might start seeing movement could be Jan-Feb '12 timeframe. We can attribute that to the current surge because of the crap in Libya.

So what the hell? When do the first non-recat dudes start heading back to their MWS?

Mark your calendars, and remember this post I am going all Nostradamus here.

The UPT first term RPA guys will not be released. until late 2013 at the earliest

Crossflow guys will not be released until late 2013 at the earliest

If they do let those guys go, and keep ops tempo the same, but they significantly reduced IQT thruput...that mans the guys left behind will be hating life and sitting in the box more than ever before. Now, somewhere around 30-ish percent of folks in RPA are coming up on their 10 yr commitment starting mid 2012 and lasting for about a year.

If they release those other dude, and make the lives of the left over suck that bad...they will have no one left, and no replacements.

I don't see them releasing a bunch of folks and then stop-lossing, that would make things even worse. They will wait to let folks go until they see how many get out. But that is just my bet. Only time will tell.

We were told the earliest we might start seeing movement could be Jan-Feb '12 timeframe. We can attribute that to the current surge because of the crap in Libya.

"We were told"....come on brother...if I had a nickel for all the stuff we were "told"...I would have a fancy car like yours!

• Upvote 1

I am going to have disagree with Boxhead, they are going to get let go sometime around October of this year (which by the way is after my August pick for the Boxhead office stop-loss pool). I only say October because everyone who has been around the RPA business know "it will get better in 6 months", so in 6 months, we should have the bodies to start letting folks go.

Guest Ponis

The UPT first term RPA guys will not be released. until late 2013 at the earliest

Late 2013...is that official or speculation?

If that is official you will see lots of Pred guys coming into flying squadrons with less than an OPR cycle before their Major PRF is due with no chance of getting SOS in residence.

...and the hits just keep on coming.

PURE speculation.

I am going to have disagree with Boxhead, they are going to get let go sometime around October of this year (which by the way is after my August pick for the Boxhead office stop-loss pool). I only say October because everyone who has been around the RPA business know "it will get better in 6 months", so in 6 months, we should have the bodies to start letting folks go.

Ha ha! But you forget that the "6 months" in question is always 6 months from the actual day you say the idea. Now that it's on here, everytime someone reads it...re-hack that 6 months.

You picked Aug 2011? Aggressive!

...and the hits just keep on coming.

That would not surprise me at all.

no change of getting SOS in res in RPA squadron either..so not really a loss

Our sq has been sending people here and there, but you're right overall, not too many. We just sent a fully mission qaulified dude to (worthless) ASBC, so manning can't be that bad, right?

Our sq has been sending people here and there, but you're right overall, not too many. We just sent a fully mission qaulified dude to (worthless) ASBC, so manning can't be that bad, right?

What's wrong with that, who cares if he will be pinning on capt by the end of the month. Gotta check the boxes right?

"We were told"....come on brother...if I had a nickel for all the stuff we were "told"...I would have a fancy car like yours!

Touche