Pred work schedules

I'm working on a capstone project for my masters. Currently my research topic is to study the differences between working 8 and 12 hour shifts and how they effect fatigue, mishaps, quality of life, etc for predator ops. I'm not asking for folks to fill out a survey yet. I just need to know what schedules units are working 8s,12 and how many days on/off are in their work week. Private message me if you have time to help me out and I'll give you my NIPR email address. Thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Thread Revival

Anyone know what the current ops tempo is at the 3rd and 33rd SOS? Right now the Creech MQ-1 and MQ-9 squadrons for the most part are all 5-1-2 with 8 hour shifts.

The 15th made a very misguided attempt to go to 6-3 with 6 hour shifts that failed, and their consolation prize is now instead of a 5-1-2 they work 6-3 with 8 hour shifts. I think the miscalculation here is that Whiteman is an "island" where 90% of the officers lived on base making shorter days and more of them much more feasible. Whereas Creech on the other hand requires a 1.5 hour commute round trip every day you have to go to work. This makes it much more painful to call guys in to fill the gaps when there is a last minute short fall.

Anyone know what the current ops tempo is at the 3rd and 33rd SOS? Right now the Creech MQ-1 and MQ-9 squadrons for the most part are all 5-1-2 with 8 hour shifts.

3rd = 4 on, 2 off, 8 hrs of flying (turns into 10-11 hrs for most based on additional duties)

Not sure exactly what the 33rd currently is doing. They went to a JORTS cycle where you're 2 months on (5 on, 2 off, but usually 6 on, 1 off), and then 1 "down" month of training/local flying/sims with mixed feedback so far.

The 20th is doing a 6 on / 3 off (8 hour shifts) and thats 7-8 hours a day flying with an hour break plus any admin stuff that needs to be taken care of afterwards (your looking at 10-12 hours a day with an office job plus flying). Rotate shifts every 6 weeks.

• Upvote 1