All Female F-15E Mission

MCO

Best Line of this BS article:

"The members of "Strike Eagles of 'Dudette 07'" landed in the history books last month when the crew of four women took to the skies in Afghanistan, marking the first U.S. Air Force combat mission completed by a team of all female airmen."

WRONG. EPIC FAIL. This chicks facts are so wrong, someone should hire her to work for USAF PA! She's a lock!

Amazingly enough, AF PA actually got it right in their article.

...it marked the first combat mission flown from Bagram to be planned, maintained and flown entirely by females.

I read the article and initially there was a quote from a female WSO (not in the flight) who basically said, "I never really thought about it and nobody in the squadrons think about it either. It's really not a big deal."

Looks like it's no longer in there.

So...how many schedules do you suppose the higher-ups disrupted so that they could have an all-female MPC and an all-female MX crew?

No shit. "Carefully arranged..."

Edited by Whitty
  • Upvote 2

Even in the desert. 0,1,1,1.

You know, binary does allow for minor/major deviations. Especially at day 269 of 365.

I'm not one to scoff (my earlier NOTAM joke aside), but NONE of the legit chick fighter pilots I have known would be ANYWHERE NEAR any of this bullshit. Just like Rainman's attitude toward the media, any fighter pilot (or WSO) worth his/her salt should do everything possible to avoid this bullshit PA stunt. The fact that 4 (probably more) chicks thought this was a good idea, pushed for it/raised their hands to volunteer makes me cringe.

Standard PA/media response should be as follows: Lean to avoid, abort outside of max effective range. Weave cold and grease to the merge if required.