U-28/PC-12/NSA

Ryder1587

Yeah, they'll be around FY14. As far as the PERSTEMPO thing, if that is about assignments, U-28 guys still are having a difficult time getting out of AFSOC or U-28s. Everyone was told again about 4 months ago to not expect to leave the community. Volunteering for a Reaper/ Pred would do it, but not much else.

Yeah, they'll be around FY14. As far as the PERSTEMPO thing, if that is about assignments, U-28 guys still are having a difficult time getting out of AFSOC or U-28s. Everyone was told again about 4 months ago to not expect to leave the community. Volunteering for a Reaper/ Pred would do it, but not much else.

I heard a rumor that a few relatively new U-28 dudes got pcs orders out of the blue and at least one person got an AMC gig. Any truth to that?

As far as the preserving the family waiver, I know several dudes from different branches who are way outside the limit and their current and planned deployments and tdy's aren't changing so maybe the plan fell through or the waiver is pretty easy to get. Just my 2 cents.

Guest LumberjackAxe

That's kind of scary... I really wanted U-28s, but they weren't on my drop---sounds like a good thing, I haven't weighed 195 since high school wrestling.

I remember I had to cut weight during Phase I of UPT before I got to the T-6. The weight limit was 240, and I was 230. Apparently that was "too close," and had to weigh in before starting flying. Thought I was done cutting weight when I graduated HS, guess I was wrong! Thank God the -10 has a beafy motor in the seat.

Average PFT in one of the two U-28 ops squadrons (~150 people) is 94. Average. The other squadron is right behind us (sts).

Don't be fat. Whether you like it or think it's dumb, it's definitely a thing that will get noticed.

Average PFT in one of the two U-28 ops squadrons (~150 people) is 94. Average. The other squadron is right behind us (sts). Don't be fat. Whether you like it or think it's dumb, it's definitely a thing that will get noticed.

I'm guessing you don't have a lot of >6 foot (sts) guys either.

About half a cookie dropped right out of my mouth when PP questioned if I should be eating a cookie..... I was never less than 200 lbs. I always viewed the weight issue under the auspice that I was TAMI'd there and was just doing my part to fill the needs of the Air Force. I was never going to be less than 195, but always did my best to stay as low as I could. The weight limits weren't a huge deal for a long time until the aircraft kept growing in weight and fuel loads became more critical to meet station time. I guess its a big deal again.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Just a shot in the dark here, but I'm at Hurlburt for the rest of the week before heading off to UPT and was wondering if there are any active U-28 guys who would be willing to meet up and shed some light on the mission/airframe? Feel free to PM me, thanks!

How about for CSOs? I've heard there may be a new airframe soon... any good gossip on that front?

About half a cookie dropped right out of my mouth when PP questioned if I should be eating a cookie..... I was never less than 200 lbs. I always viewed the weight issue under the auspice that I was TAMI'd there and was just doing my part to fill the needs of the Air Force. I was never going to be less than 195, but always did my best to stay as low as I could. The weight limits weren't a huge deal for a long time until the aircraft kept growing in weight and fuel loads became more critical to meet station time. I guess its a big deal again.

I've been hovering at about 180 since college so I didn't worry much, but I am in U-28 IQT right now and there are plenty of bros who are at least a little over 200 around here, no one has said anything. Maybe the line sqs care more...

How about for CSOs? I've heard there may be a new airframe soon... any good gossip on that front?

CSOs are even more stuck than pilots...can't RPA your way out even if you wanted to. I can literally think of less than 10 CSOs who have left the community since they started having AD AF CSOs many moons ago. A few to UPT, 1 to U model gunships, 1 to W model gunships, 1 to nav school...everyone else is still here.

I've been hovering at about 180 since college so I didn't worry much, but I am in U-28 IQT right now and there are plenty of bros who are at least a little over 200 around here, no one has said anything. Maybe the line sqs care more...

Don't be fat and you'll be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...