U-28/PC-12/NSA

Ryder1587

I got a good laugh once when I saw a U-28 guy billing his community as "the Tier 1 of the Air Force".

Yeah, keep tellin' yourself that. :notworthy:

Every emerging community has a few new guys who don't understand their overall place in the puzzle and get a little over motivated. It's fine. I'd always rather deal with the guy who needs to be pulled back a bit than the ones who aren't aggressive, have no pride or mission ownership or care too much about your snickering.

Bottom line, young guys proud of what they do and leaning forward frequently make asses of themselves. No big deal. The onus lies on older IP's to temper that passion with maturity and grow a seasoned force, something the U28's are actually doing very well right now.

• Upvote 1

I prefer to think of the SEALs as "The 319th of the Ground"; rather than the other way around :beer:

Wait, what?

It wouldn't come to mind to think of them as the 319th of anything.

I got a good laugh once when I saw a U-28 guy billing his community as "the Tier 1 of the Air Force"

Yeah, keep tellin' yourself that. :notworthy:

I remember a Space dude striding proudly onto the stage during ME, stating "Space will render all surface threats inoperable" and then walked off and sat down.

The Msn/CC just looked at him for approx 69 seconds during which time no one said a word. Eventually the space guy said "It's classified. Just trust me."

Wait, what?

I remember a Space dude striding proudly onto the stage during ME, stating "Space will render all surface threats inoperable" and then walked off and sat down.

The Msn/CC just looked at him for approx 69 seconds during which time no one said a word. Eventually the space guy said "It's classified. Just trust me."

That's actually kind of awesome.

Edited by Scooter14

That's actually kind of awesome.

Not at ME.

Probably not in any training environment since there is no way to learn anything. You're not going to plan or fly as if what the dude says is true and just ball walk a double digit dominated IADS.

They also didn't actually do anything because they can't bring their Buzz Lightyear playthings. So all they had to do was expend 6.9 seconds of effort to say the exact same thing in every brief and debrief. They actually didn't show up for the first few debriefs because they said they "didn't get anything out of it". We threw the bullshit flag and they started showing up but without any instructors. Uncle Wally (who had spent a little time at Falcon as the Wg/CC and hence was familiar with the space cadets) showed up in the old WW squadron and let the space division CC know how things needed to be if they wanted to continue their presence at Nellis.

And, they all got patches. It got better.

Not at ME.

Probably not in any training environment since there is no way to learn anything. You're not going to plan or fly as if what the dude says is true and just ball walk a double digit dominated IADS.

They also didn't actually do anything because they can't bring their Buzz Lightyear playthings. So all they had to do was expend 6.9 seconds of effort to say the exact same thing in every brief and debrief. They actually didn't show up for the first few debriefs because they said they "didn't get anything out of it". We threw the bullshit flag and they started showing up but without any instructors. Uncle Wally (who had spent a little time at Falcon as the Wg/CC and hence was familiar with the space cadets) showed up in the old WW squadron and let the space division CC know how things needed to be if they wanted to continue their presence at Nellis.

And, they all got patches. It got better.

When was this? I never saw them at 11B... Saw them 2x during Integration.

Wait, what?

I'm pretty sure that nsplayer meant that entirely in jest, otherwise the next time I see him I will punch him in the throat.

I'm pretty disappointed that AFSOC AKA Quiet Professionals would espouse this garbage...especially disappointed because 4+ years down the road it's still being brought up.

I'm pretty disappointed that AFSOC AKA Quiet Professionals would espouse this garbage...especially disappointed because 4+ years down the road it's still being brought up.

The context I heard it in was basically a dick-measuring contest with another platform that performs essentially the same mission.

I'm pretty sure that nsplayer meant that entirely in jest, otherwise the next time I see him I will punch him in the throat.

Definitely in jest...beer smiley thing after the original post generally means it's all in good fun.

I think it's funny as hell...plus I highly enjoy that now that I'm in the other U-28 squadron I can give dudes in the 319th sh*t for it.

The 319th UDM (and an extremely old-head gunship guy) has a demotivational poster hanging in his office that says, "We're basically like the 319th of the Ground" and has a pic of navy SEALs on it...makes me chuckle every time I'm over there.

Incorrect. A man putting a "smiley thing" generally means you're gay

NSPlayer...he does have a point there, and I'm not one to throw stones at a fellow, lean forward U-28 type.

Cheers

Collin

Edited by ATIS

• 6 months later...