U-28/PC-12/NSA

Ryder1587

If I've gotten snubbed because I used an incorrect acronym I apologize, we've been in the habit of using the term NSA for assignments into the PC-12, Dornier and I think there are one or two more aircraft flying out of Cannon. Would still appreciate any info on these assignments. Thanks

NBD man...you're right, I've always heard it called NSA or NSAv i.e. Non-Standard Aviation associated with the aircraft you described. Don't have any info personally but I do know a couple dudes who were previously at Cannon and are now at HRT, PM me if you don't hear from anyone here and I'll ask them in person and get some gouge for ya.

Edited by nsplayr

If I've gotten snubbed because I used an incorrect acronym I apologize, we've been in the habit of using the term NSA for assignments into the PC-12, Dornier and I think there are one or two more aircraft flying out of Cannon. Would still appreciate any info on these assignments. Thanks

Just a little bit of ribbing. I just liked how you phrased "flying for NSA". UPT bases commonly mis-call it NSA. The correct term is NSAv to save any confusion with the actual NSA. PM me your .mil and I can get you the info you're looking for.

Different letters and numbers, man.

I know this a little bit on the sensitive side as far as all this info, but what's the difference between the U-28 and MC-12 then?

One is made by Pilatus. The other isn't.

One has one engine. The other has two.

One can barrel roll. The other can't.

• Upvote 2

I know this a little bit on the sensitive side as far as all this info, but what's the difference between the U-28 and MC-12 then?

Well they have the "2" in common...

U-28s = AFSOC, working for SOF customers exclusively

MC-12s = ACC, working for both conventional and SOF customers

Different letters and numbers, man.

One is made by Pilatus. The other isn't.

One has one engine. The other has two.

One can barrel roll. The other can't.

Clears it up perfectly thanks! In honesty, I was waiting for a comment like this, still a good laugh.

Well they have the "2" in common...

U-28s = AFSOC, working for SOF customers exclusively

MC-12s = ACC, working for both conventional and SOF customers

This is what I was looking for specifically. :beer:

This thread seems to suggest all U-28s are at Hurlburt, but I've heard just from word of mouth that either that is no longer true, or shortly will not be true. Can anyone clarify this situation for me? Specifically, I'm wondering where the studs dropping U-28s out of UPT are ending up.

This thread seems to suggest all U-28s are at Hurlburt, but I've heard just from word of mouth that either that is no longer true, or shortly will not be true. Can anyone clarify this situation for me? Specifically, I'm wondering where the studs dropping U-28s out of UPT are ending up.

Expect Hurlburt UFN. If you want to know if (more like when) Cannon will be an option for U-28s you need to go up the food chain way higher than baseops.net.

The most recent info I heard from a well placed source is the CVS PC-12's are going to be converted to U-28's, and the current PC-12 guys will be augmented by one of the U-28 squadrons at HRT. The timeline might be as soon as next summer.

If you want to know if (more like when) Cannon will be an option for U-28s you need to go up the food chain way higher than baseops.net.

Not true. You just won't hear it first here.

• 2 months later...

Not true. You just won't hear it first here.

Well yea, you'll hear it here eventually, but if he wants to know now the answers are probably not gonna be found here.

Thanks - do you know how long the initial qual takes?

Not sure if they're taking any new folks for slick PC-12s (i.e. part of NSAV out at Cannon) anymore. What's leading you to ask, you headed there, want to head there, etc.?

Thanks for all the info - I am really just info gathering, but am interested in the U-28 program

Agent, are you in UPT? Send me a message if you have any questions and I'll see if I can point you in the right direction. Not sure what your story is, but probably best not to just roll in on an ops squadron, especially one with flying SEALS!

• Upvote 3