AETC Restructuring affecting assignments...

CrateOfThunder

The VML came out recently and a few people didn't get assignments and were told to standby for more words. The story from the rumor mill is that AETC is doing some restructuring and that anyone with a AETC assignment is being told to wait for their assignment. Anyone else seeing this at their base or have any SA on the situation?

Crate

Guest Crew Report

The VML came out recently and a few people didn't get assignments and were told to standby for more words. The story from the rumor mill is that AETC is doing some restructuring and that anyone with a AETC assignment is being told to wait for their assignment. Anyone else seeing this at their base or have any SA on the situation?

Crate

I'm in AETC (pulling instructor duty) and haven't heard anything.

Everybody's getting their assignments with the new e-mail system, right?

Are they (normally) supposed to all go out at the same time? I would have assumed so, but I'm supposed to be getting an assignment and I haven't seen anything.

Might have something to do with IFF closing at Vance and Laughlin.

Good thing they spent all that money on a brand new building for the IFF guys @ Vance.

Are they (normally) supposed to all go out at the same time? I would have assumed so, but I'm supposed to be getting an assignment and I haven't seen anything.

No, they will not all go out at the same time. Ops assignments should be going out now, with a few exceptions. Staff assignments have not been coord'ed on by the recipient MAJCOM's yet, so if you're released to staff, don't expect to get your notification for another week or two at best.

Don't know...

No, they don't all necessarily go out at the same time, even when you are just talking ops to ops assignments. Even more true when talking ops assignments and staff assignments, etc.

Just because you are on the VML does not mean that you will get an assignment.

19th AF is one of the NAF's set to go away in the next 18 months or so, could have something to do with it (pure speculation).

No, the NAF and AOC consolidations announced will not affect this summer's assignments. The new manpower documents and rated staff allocation plan have not been written to reflect the consolidation yet.

Guest FlyFredFly

Has anybody else on this VML received an assignment? If so, has anybody received an assignment to AETC?

I was told to expect something by the end of February and still have nothing. Quite a few of my buds already have their assignment, so I'm wondering if I'm AETC bound....

Has anybody else on this VML received an assignment? If so, has anybody received an assignment to AETC?

I was told to expect something by the end of February and still have nothing. Quite a few of my buds already have their assignment, so I'm wondering if I'm AETC bound....

We had most of our squadron get assignments except for three of us. No AETC assignments that I know of across the community.

Pile on: I haven't heard of any AETC assignments being given out in the sense of white jets (IFF, T-38, T-6), but has anyone even gotten a TX assignment to an AETC base (Viper TX, etc.)?

I was told to expect something by the end of February and still have nothing.

The official notification window for the Summer assignment cycle is early to mid March, according to the AFPC cycle calendar. Some assignments are going out. Staff assignments have been delayed, expect those to start going out next week or the week after.