Boeing Wins $35B Tanker Contract

Check 6

If its holds up to the GAO we just saved a bunch on milcon costs, the 767 can use the same facilities as the 135. The A330 with a 197ft wingspan would have required all new construction for mx operations and new concrete to make room for them on present parking ramps.

If its holds up to the GAO we just saved a bunch on milcon costs, the 767 can use the same facilities as the 135. The A330 with a 197ft wingspan would have required all new construction for mx operations and new concrete to make room for them on present parking ramps.

Exactly. I've been saying that for years.

Anyone know what the procurement rate is going to be? It's going to take a loooooooong time if it is only 15 a year.

Exactly. I've been saying that for years.

Anyone know what the procurement rate is going to be? It's going to take a loooooooong time if it is only 15 a year.

Well lets just say the last Crew Chief/Pilot/Boomer of the last flying KC-135R has not been born yet.

Guest Crew Report

Well lets just say the last Crew Chief/Pilot/Boomer of the last flying KC-135R has not been born yet.

Yeah, maybe in the Guard or Reserves.

I want a sighting window and none of the camera shit. I also want ALAS in contact and IDS like the KC-10.

#1 Thank God it's not being called the KC-767

#2 Hopefully Boeing learned their lesson on outsourcing with the 787 and they'll keep this more in-house (in country, at least) as the 767 was originally

#3 Here's to 50 more years of USAF tanker toads getting type ratings in airplanes the airlines no longer fly.

I want a sighting window and none of the camera shit. I also want ALAS in contact and IDS like the KC-10.

Boeing's website says it is a KC-10 style boom with ALAS and IDS. Looks like it is possibly a camera system, though, from what I can tell.

The avionics look decent on the pilot side.

Let's all hope that Boeing and Big Blue got all their shit in one sack this time.

I really don't want the next headline about this to be "EADS taking AF, Boeing to court over tanker victory"......