More Uniform Changes!

Flare

I am not zipping my leg pocket even if I have to leave one cap in it and wear another.

Best REMF/Shoe BFM of the day. Next year the reg will specify a maximum number of hats one can have on his/her person.

I know you guys have seen A-10s with a "canopy" painted on the underside so you can't tell which way he is turning. Maybe we can start painting half a flight cap on the right leg of everybodys flight suits. :airman:

6.2.4.1. (Male and Female) . The flight cap will be worn slightly to the wearer's right with vertical creases of the cap in line with the center of the forehead and in a straight line with the nose.

Wasn't that just optional before? The Uniform board is reaching pretty far back for this piece of heritage.

ballcrew.JPGlindsleyold.jpg

slightly to the wearer's right with vertical creases of the cap in line with the center of the forehead and in a straight line with the nose

Wait, how can it be to the right and in line with the center of the forehead? Am I missing something?

Hopefully I'm not alone in the fact that I will continue wearing my Friday shirt, unless somebody in a bag with wings on his chest tells me not to. Fucking shoes...this is the AIR Force, we FLY, break shit and hurt bad people. If you're so damned butthurt about not being able to wear a bag, maybe you should've worked harder.

• Upvote 3

UFB. Killing morale shirts. That makes f'ing sense. Seriously, why is this offensive to anyone? How does this possibly make any sense?? Banning morale shirts which are meant to improve morale. It's shit like this that makes me crazy.

Hopefully I'm not alone in the fact that I will continue wearing my Friday shirt, unless somebody in a bag with wings on his chest tells me not to. ######ing shoes...this is the AIR Force, we FLY, break shit and hurt bad people. If you're so damned butthurt about not being able to wear a bag, maybe you should've worked harder.

All for it, but make sure you have mutual support.

The two hats idea is funny, but needing to BFM the shoes is poor...should take care of this BVR. Couldn't somebody who's a staffer change the rules so that, in order to recommend a change to a uniform, you need to actually wear that uniform in your primary duty? There has to be some poor soul from A1 lurking on here. I think the band uniform is some stupid shit, but I'm not wasting time submitting "improvement" ideas.

In my (limited) experience they were already frowned upon if not prohibited by commanders at lower levels anyways. Case in point, the 562nd/563rd back at RND (old nav school squadrons) each had morale shirts on friday that got turned off by a OG/CC I believe who didn't like that we weren't "standardized" with the rest of the ops group, some of whom didn't do morale shirts out of preference. This was 2007. At my current base, we tried to do morale shirts on Fridays and the old SQ/CC said no and that was that. Maybe some pointy-nose dudes kept the spirit alive the past few years...

I've seen the opposite: Friday shirts still worn by and large.

Remember when a flight suit used to be a distinctive uniform? Now you can only be distinctive as a cook, flight attendant, or Equestrian Competitor.

Chapter 9

DISTINCTIVE UNIFORMS, ITEMS AND EQUIPMENT

9.3. USAF Honor Guard and Arlington National Cemetery Chaplains.

9.4. Installation and Base Honor Guard, Color Guard, Drill Team and Military Funeral Detail.

9.5. USAF Band, USAF Academy Band and USAF Regional Band.

9.6. Security Forces.

9.7. Air Force Food Service

9.8. Flight Attendant Uniforms

9.9. Medical Scrubs.

9.10. Equestrian Competition Service Dress Configuration

• Upvote 1

Wasn't that just optional before? The Uniform board is reaching pretty far back for this piece of heritage.

ballcrew.JPGlindsleyold.jpg

Heritage? I think they are trying to help RIF'd majors find new careers in the current economy.

soda-jerk-lo-res.jpg

• Upvote 1

Next thing will be to add a reg in there to prohibit tucking the back of the flight cap (combat tuck/Mach tuck). Or maybe it's already in there. I never bothered to read 36-2903 as it would just piss me off. Luckily I'm in a unit where the only AF people who outrank me are aviators and the rest of the other service O-6s and above are ignorant of/don't give a rat's ass about AF uniform regs. So I'm gonna keep wearing my morale patches....

PBAR

UFB. Killing morale shirts. That makes f'ing sense. Seriously, why is this offensive to anyone? How does this possibly make any sense?? Banning morale shirts which are meant to improve morale. It's shit like this that makes me crazy.

A "morale shirt"? I've never heard it called a "morale shirt".

Actually, me either. Always been a Friday Shirt. Thought that was the term the AFI used but I guess not.

Timing is perfect too. I no shit just paid for a fresh batch of 30 Friday shirts last week. Good news is we're going to wear them anyway. Screw the change.

• Upvote 2

Probably because the AFI was written by someone who's never worn a "morale shirt."

Shoe 1: "Hey Bob, what do you call those colored t-shirts the flyers wear every Friday that we really want to outlaw because we're secretly jealous of them?"

Shoe 2: "Well, I know they wear morale patches, so they must be called morale shirts."

Shoe 1: "Sweet, I'm putting that in the AFI right now."

• Upvote 2

Yes this sucks about us getting out shoe'd. Cause I for one will miss my black boots, black t-shirt's, and my "moral shirts" that they say we can't wear anymore. Here's a thought and I'm going out on a limb here with all the free time that us flyers have, why don't we all just submit request in to the uniform board about bringing them back? Seems like the shoe's submit some pretty dumb ideas to them anyway. Why not try and get back our heritage or what ever new buzz word is for it these days?

• Upvote 1

Shoe 1: "Hey Bob, what do you call those colored t-shirts the flyers wear every Friday that we really want to outlaw because we're secretly jealous of them?"

Shoe 2: "Well, I know they wear morale patches, so they must be called morale shirts."

Shoe 1: "Sweet, I'm putting that in the AFI right now."

This made me laugh... but it's probably closer to how the conversation actually went than any of us want to know.