More Uniform Changes!

Flare

On 1/5/2018 at 7:38 PM, nsplayr said:

One squadron at HRT that all bought bush hats and tried to wear them in uniform on Fridays was told to knock it off pretty fast. So even though they’re allowed by AFI, base leadership just kinda did whatever they wanted and said no. 

Can I get a talk on to where to buy (reg would be helpful too!)...I want the couple of AFSOC guys at my shitty staff job to post up one more F U to the dumpster fire that is our command. 

We’re also having to wear ABUs due to some additional shenanigary...

Cooter...dying on staff

7 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Can I get a talk on to where to buy (reg would be helpful too!)...I want the couple of AFSOC guys at my shitty staff job to post up one more F U to the dumpster fire that is our command. 

Cooter...dying on staff

Damn dude, sorry to hear you're off in purgatory. I honestly do not remember where I bought mine...I wanna say some guy over in the HQ building but I'm not 100% sure. Will do some more research and pass words.

1 hour ago, Cooter said:

Cooter...dying on staff

http://www.store.aircommando.org/Bush-Hat_p_92.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2018 at 4:39 PM, Breckey said:

We are only allowed to wear the berets on AFSOC installations though; Hurlburt and Cannon only until the AF AFI gets updated which could take up to 1 year.  It's funny because we are at Duke Field which is Eglin AFB Field 3 and NOT an AFSOC installation.

So theoretically we aren't even allowed to wear the berets on our on base!!  

Looks like AFRC just jumped on the OCP band wagon....we are ordering the 2 pieces to completely replace our tan flight suits...supposedly we are are eventually going to replace the green bags with these things as well...

Does anyone else feel a bit pissed (might be a strong word) about losing the bag and just blending in with everyone else?  A part of me feels like this is a hidden big win for the shoes who hate the fact that aircrew get something they don't....

Looks like AFRC just jumped on the OCP band wagon....we are ordering the 2 pieces to completely replace our tan flight suits...supposedly we are are eventually going to replace the green bags with these things as well...

Does anyone else feel a bit pissed (might be a strong word) about losing the bag and just blending in with everyone else?  A part of me feels like this is a hidden big win for the shoes who hate the fact that aircrew get something they don't....

I wish we bought the two piece in the green bag and tan bag colors rather than the OCP pattern. If they phase out the green bag, are they going to get rid of the A2 jackets also? A leather jacket with camo pants is going to look plenty goofy.

49 minutes ago, ihtfp06 said:

I wish we bought the two piece in the green bag and tan bag colors rather than the OCP pattern. If they phase out the green bag, are they going to get rid of the A2 jackets also? A leather jacket with camo pants is going to look plenty goofy.

leather jackets are expensive. and they're made of animals. you can be sure this is causing much hand-wringing and consternation among shoe clerks.

of course they won't be around much longer.

14 hours ago, torqued said:

leather jackets are expensive. and they're made of animals. you can be sure this is causing much hand-wringing and consternation among shoe clerks.

of course they won't be around much longer.

Don't kid yourself. The A2 is cheaper than the NOMEX jacket.

Leadership datapoint: During the last sequestration in 2013, my squadron was handing out the A2 like candy to all the pipeline Airmen (well short of the 36 mos required by AFI). The brand new Airmen weren't getting issued jackets through pipeline training with winter approaching.

The Wg enlisted leadership lost it's mind but when the issue was brought up, my boss had already prepped the OG (and he the WG) on the justification. It was a polite conversation, but his response boiled down to "Noted" and he kept issuing A2 jackets to the Airmen. That's not the only reason he made BTZ, but was indicative of his overall leadership.

18 minutes ago, GKinnear said:

Leadership datapoint: During the last sequestration in 2013, my squadron was handing out the A2 like candy to all the pipeline Airmen (well short of the 36 mos required by AFI). The brand new Airmen weren't getting issued jackets through pipeline training with winter approaching.

The Wg enlisted leadership lost it's mind but when the issue was brought up, my boss had already prepped the OG (and he the WG) on the justification. It was a polite conversation, but his response boiled down to "Noted" and he kept issuing A2 jackets to the Airmen. That's not the only reason he made BTZ, but was indicative of his overall leadership.

i would like to believe your good leader data point isn't a deviation from the avg so far off the chart it's in the next room...

The Flight approved OCP jackets cost way more than even my fully loaded A2 from pops.
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, torqued said:

i would like to believe your good leader data point isn't a deviation from the avg so far off the chart it's in the next room...

Like I said, it's a data point. Hopefully current and future generations can adjust the mean closer to it.

Edited by GKinnear
  • Like 1

FFS they better not get rid of the green bag. 

I wear the damn multicam deployed and I’ve spent enough time doing that shit. Can I please look like a pilot and not some Army wannabe in the name of “joint” when home, please?

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

I wear the damn multicam deployed and I’ve spent enough time doing that shit. Can I please look like a pilot and not some Army wannabe in the name of “joint” when home, please?

I usually put “I’m a Pilot” on repeat, turn up the volume a bit, and drop it in my bag pocket, just for good measure. /s

I would also loathe being mistaken for playing Army. 

5 hours ago, Breckey said:

The bag (green and tan) are required for ejection seat platforms so it won't go totally away. I just hope they won't prohibit it's wear for non-ejection aircraft.

I don't think this is true. The Massif jacket and pants are both approved for fighter aircrew wear.

6 hours ago, Danger41 said:

From a joint/coalition perspective when working with myopic cultures, whether it be most of CENTCOM or the US Army, the bag lets people know you are the Air Force and might actually know something about said Air Force. Other cultures don't understand ABUs are also Air Force or understand the slightly different wings or badges on OCPs (and that includes the US Army). #SorryNotSorry the US Army in particular is upset that we aren't treated the same.

3 hours ago, Seriously said:

I don't think this is true. The Massif jacket and pants are both approved for fighter aircrew wear.

Not about flight in general... Cargo and tanker guys can wear them. It's specifically about ejection seats.

21 hours ago, M2 said:

Rumor is the USAF will be adopting OCPs to replace the ABU this year...

That's a rumor I can get behind. Hope it's true. Although, the Canadians I work with like my ABUs and how well I blend in with the cubicles.