More Uniform Changes!

Flare

Who all is wearing the green Massif-CWAS jackets? My squadron just got them, and our chiefs are trying to convince our leadership that we need to sew rank on the shoulders like the old flight jacket and the bag. I’m getting data points to present to the Bobs that we would be the only unit in the Air Force with rank sewn on the shoulders of this sweet jacket.if y’all could  let me know what unit you’re with, that’d be great too. Also; does  anyone have a Memo giving guidance on the patches and rank?

34 minutes ago, willis said:

Who all is wearing the green Massif-CWAS jackets? My squadron just got them, and our chiefs are trying to convince our leadership that we need to sew rank on the shoulders like the old flight jacket and the bag. I’m getting data points to present to the Bobs that we would be the only unit in the Air Force with rank sewn on the shoulders of this sweet jacket.if y’all could  let me know what unit you’re with, that’d be great too. Also; does  anyone have a Memo giving guidance on the patches and rank?

Counterpoint to the post above, most squadrons at Luke have them (in addition to several other AETC bases) and I’ve only seen a handful of guys with rank sewn on. The vast majority don’t wear rank. Patches are the same configuration as flight suits.

To be fair, I just keep my Friday patches on the green Massif and I’ve never heard a word about it. 

Edited by moabust
Spellin
  • Upvote 1

We don't have rank on ours.  I recently heard that our AFE Chief has said we're only suppose to wear them during flight duties (due to no rank), but we wear them all the time and we've never heard a thing.  Then again we're a stand alone ANG base, so not too many uniform NAZIs running around...

We don't have rank on ours.  I recently heard that our AFE Chief has said we're only suppose to wear them during flight duties (due to no rank), but we wear them all the time and we've never heard a thing.  Then again we're a stand alone ANG base, so not too many uniform NAZIs running around...
CWAS is authorized in the 2903 so your AFE Chief can pound sand. We wear rank on the name tag as above. Winter time is the best because I always wear a beanie and nobody knows what rank I am.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, willis said:

Our OCP MASSIF jackets came with the Velcro set up like the OCP tips except the rank Velcro was above the name tape like the old Velcro for the ABU fleeces. Somehow I got one with the flight suit name tag Velcro and being the jackets are $550 a pop I just rocked my flight suit name tag. I couple asshats made a comment about it and getting rank sewn on if I was to wear it like that. Eventually my SQ/CC said something to me, my reply was always the same. “Sewing on additional Velcro would ruin the fireproofing/shell of the jacket” No idea if that has any truth but that seems to keep people at bay, successful tactic for 4+ years now. 

2 hours ago, Breckey said:
11 hours ago, SocialD said:

CWAS is authorized in the 2903 so your AFE Chief can pound sand. We wear rank on the name tag as above. Winter time is the best because I always wear a beanie and nobody knows what rank I am.

Yup, with a beanie cap we are always incognito.  I believe the issue is we don't have rank on our name tags.  He merely said that it was supposed to be for flight duties, after that it's up to us.  In fairness to him, he's a good dude and runs a great shop.  Dude always is getting us newer/nicer stuff without prompting and he keeps taking the heat from AD inspectors about them sewing rank on our flight suits.  Apparently AFE isn't supposed to do that, which I'm sure is more about giving business to the alterations place on an AD base (which we don't have), than it is about the actual job.  

The only issue I have with the MASSIF jackets is that our HMCS and CRU-60 harnesses rip up the seems on the arms.  This happened with our old flight jackets but the AFE shop was able to sew patches of leather on the sleeves which stopped it.  

Edited by SocialD

15 hours ago, willis said:

7 BW, no rank on the Massif jackets.

18 hours ago, willis said:

i'm on the reserve side of AFMC and we wear them in our squadron, no rank on it, just rank on the nametag...flightsuit style 2 lines.  339th FLTS

Edited by tunes

9 hours ago, KWings06j said:

Why bother proving the negative? Ask him for the AFI that says you need the rank. 

Better yet, teach them to fish:

“this jacket cost the government an arm and a leg because it is specially constructed to keep rain, cold air, hot air, fire, and your bullshit use our of time away from my body. I don’t need you to dive into rules in an effort to make/second guess decisions; this is how the jacket is worn. How are your airmen doing today? Can any young’uns benefit from your experience to solve a new problem? Anybody need help with something in their lives other than getting dressed? Is there any stupidity or missing the point that I can help squash for you?”

(but really without being a dick)

Edited by jice
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Anyone like these things?

Absolutely love mine. 

Also, 95% of folks in our unit do not wear rank on them. Even the OG/CC doesn’t. One guy sewed rank on the shoulders, and another stuck some Velcro rank on one of the arms. Both look ridiculous. 

Edited by WheelsOff
  • Like 1