More Uniform Changes!

Flare

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Dogs-N-Guns said:

Are the OCP/2-piece flights suit approved by AETC? I have a few from my MC-12 days and would like to put them back in the rotation. Is the OCP boonie hat authorized in CONUS?

I don't know about AETC but ACC has approved them for non ejection seat guys. But you have to wear the patrol cap, wings on your chest, ir flag on the right sleeve. Biggest kicker is that you can't stop off base in them, and that you have to already have them issued to wear them. The unit can't buy them for you to wear at home station. 

• 1 month later...

So apparently PACAF just dropped a memo approving the 2 piece flight suits and I'm the lucky guy for our Sq that gets to put together the order. Of course Envision on Kadena doesn't stock them, so I'm looking for a retailer to order from. 

Is there more than one manufacturer for them? My quick google search made it seem like DRIFIRE has the market cornered. 

Any other data to pass on how the fit goes would be greatly appreciated as well!

11 hours ago, afthunderchief16 said:

So apparently PACAF just dropped a memo approving the 2 piece flight suits and I'm the lucky guy for our Sq that gets to put together the order. Of course Envision on Kadena doesn't stock them, so I'm looking for a retailer to order from. 

Is there more than one manufacturer for them? My quick google search made it seem like DRIFIRE has the market cornered. 

Any other data to pass on how the fit goes would be greatly appreciated as well!

I'm the supply guy for my unit, we just order them through our base supply. No idea on the brand, they just have the standard US gov issue tags. We have a couple old DRIFIRES hanging around the closet, they seem to be a different material. What we have fit weird. You pretty much have to try them on, some people think they need a large long, and end up wanting a medium regular. 90% of people end up in a medium regular or large short though. Highly recommend you buy MASSIF flight approved jackets if you fly anywhere it might be cold, we issue both the heavy weight and light weight and I love both. Light is perfect for spring/fall and the heavy weight keeps me warm down to 15 degree range. Also great at blocking wind. The MASSIF combat shirts are now flight approved as well, I really like them, if you are in a jet that wears body armor. I think MASSIF is now making the actual two pieces as well, I've never seen them in person though. MASSIF is a little pricey but they put out a quality product. If you PM me a .mil I can give you or base supply number and maybe they can point you in the right direction. 

• 3 months later...

Thread revival...anybody know if there is any guidance that prevents the wear of a safe-to-fly Massif in AETC/T-38 aircraft? I have been issued two of them in AFSOC but have never seen a green version being worn with a bag despite their existence. 

Cheers

Edited by Standby

Osan just got a huge batch (some without the chest hole for combat edge, which is useless anyway) and all pilots are wearing them.

They’re fukkin great. Also got the matching pants, which helps because I motorcycle to work when it’s 3.6 degrees out.

Any better when it is 6.9 degrees out?

About 36.9% better.

There’s a “one car per household” rule here, so the majority of accompanied pilots I know are forced to moto/scoot to work so CINCHOUSE can shuttle kids around.

#pilotshortage

On 9/8/2017 at 4:29 PM, raimius said:

Yeah, if you've got the budget, Massif is about as close to magic as I've seen in clothing.  Shell jacket that keeps you comfy from 55-15F...or -20 if you wear their base layers as well.

$580 retail on this jacket?!? Is it made of fairy dust??

1 hour ago, Vimix22 said:

$580 retail on this jacket?!? Is it made of fairy dust??

They may be expensive but it's a damn nice jacket.  Very warm and MUCH easier to move around in the the jet.  Was glad I had it, considering it was colder here today than it was in Barrow, AK.  

One squadron at HRT that all bought bush hats and tried to wear them in uniform on Fridays was told to knock it off pretty fast. So even though they’re allowed by AFI, base leadership just kinda did whatever they wanted and said no. 

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

One squadron at HRT that all bought bush hats and tried to wear them in uniform on Fridays was told to knock it off pretty fast. So even though they’re allowed by AFI, base leadership just kinda did whatever they wanted and said no. 

When was that? Those bush hats are pretty sweet.

• Like 1