More Uniform Changes!

Flare

Does anyone there still wear the green flight suit? I don't see why we couldn't wear either in garrison. The win will be to scrap the ABU in favor of OCP.

There's still a handful of people that wear the bag, and there's also a decent amount of non-flyers who wear their ABUs instead of the OCPs.

There's never been any issues with "convenience stops" that I'm aware of, so for me there is zero reason to wear anything but OCPs all the time. Getting rid of the ABUs for the OCPs would definitely be a step in the right direction, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

That would be admitting that the ABU pattern was a mistake and like canceling ASBC and making SOS 8 weeks only to go back down to 5, it has to be done methodically to make sure everyone saves face. 

Edit for clarity: ASBC was a joke and never should have happened, the way it was eliminated allowed everyone to save face

Edited by xaarman
  • Upvote 3

OK, so it's not OK for USAF bubbas to make a "convenience stop" in OCPs but the Army bubbas who wear them can?

This all makes no fucking sense.  We were all good with one uniform (BDUs) before the crayon-eating Marines just had to be different with MARPAT.  Next thing you know we've got the Navy looking like camo smurfs or seaweed.  The AF ABU is a joke, and whoever approved it should be shot.  The Army pulled its cranium out and ripped off Crye with their Scorpion W2 (OCP) pattern, but it works (trust me, I'm surrounded by thousands of troopers wearing the stuff at the moment!). 

We gotta quit having so many fucking uniforms, it doesn't make sense!

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, M2 said:

OK, so it's not OK for USAF bubbas to make a "convenience stop" in OCPs but the Army bubbas who wear them can?

Well.. Army gets out of their cars for retreat at the end of the day too.  

3 hours ago, guineapigfury said:

I was an Army Brat for 16 years, with most of those years spent living on base.  I literally never once saw this happen.

I see it all the time, but I've been spending an inordinate amount of time on Army installations lately... :darkcloud:

I was an Army Brat for 16 years, with most of those years spent living on base.  I literally never once saw this happen.

I was TDY to Ft Dix NJ as a 2Lt and the base CC policy had the MPs stop and ticketing cars that didn't stop and exit the vehicle during retreat. End result of the ticket was supposed to be a personal meeting with the base CC.

Also saw Army officers do this routinely at Maxwell.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

On 2/11/2017 at 3:57 AM, Champ Kind said:

Does anyone there still wear the green flight suit? I don't see why we couldn't wear either in garrison. The win will be to scrap the ABU in favor of OCP.

I greatly prefer a green bag to multicam. I'm sure I sound like that dude from Cannon a few years back about, but I worked my whole life to get into a bag with wings on my chest. It's juvenile, but I get enough multicam deployed.

• Upvote 6

I, for one, will never wear OCPs. I demand all know that I am a zipper-suited sun god and not some regular, Army, POS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
On 2/11/2017 at 0:06 PM, M2 said:

This all makes no ing sense.  We were all good with one uniform (BDUs) before the crayon-eating Marines just had to be different with MARPAT. 

Ever had a plate of lightly toasted crayons dipped in ranch dressing?

Don't knock it until you try it.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

Ever had a plate of lightly toasted crayons dipped in ranch dressing?

Don't knock it until you try it.

Effing Marines.......good luck tomorrow BTW.  I had to apply 4 times, hopefully you are luckier than me.

12 minutes ago, matmacwc said:

Effing Marines.......good luck tomorrow BTW.  I had to apply 4 times, hopefully you are luckier than me.

Thanks Sir. I'll be sure to provide you with an update.

8 hours ago, Champ Kind said:

Anyone (other than AFSOC) wearing their two-piece flight suits yet?  

C-17s having been wearing them deployed for almost 2 years, we starting to wear them when we head down range on TACC missions.

Do you have the reference for this? Cause I would love to start wearing mine out in the deployed location north of Vegas. 

Yes. PM me your .mil and I'll forward the email or I'll try to remember to upload it here.