More Uniform Changes!

Flare

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

So anybody else back to black boots and undershirts? I know, I didn't believe it either, but AFSOC just put out a sup to 36-2903 and the flight suit uniform now allows black boots and undershirt. I can't believe how happy that makes me.

I can't link it now, but check it on e-pubs, scroll to page 112 and look at the notes at the bottom of the table a few pages later.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Danger41 said:

So anybody else back to black boots and undershirts? I know, I didn't believe it either, but AFSOC just put out a sup to 36-2903 and the flight suit uniform now allows black boots and undershirt. I can't believe how happy that makes me.

I can't link it now, but check it on e-pubs, scroll to page 112 and look at the notes at the bottom of the table a few pages later.

They fly F-16s in AFSOC?

• 4 weeks later...
New 36-2903 Guidance Memorandum
2-Piece OCP flight suits are now authorized with MAJCOM/A3 approval.

It's been approved/pseudo-expected to be worn for some time in AFSOC...I wish they would just officially go to OCPs as the only duty uniform, and have the entire service in the same uniform, all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

New 36-2903 Guidance Memorandum
2-Piece OCP flight suits are now authorized with MAJCOM/A3 approval.

The A2CU is a functional uniform and is not intended for wear when another uniform is more appropriate.

^
Shoe clerks (with and without aviation experience) will focus on the bolded statement above. Good luck.

It's been approved/pseudo-expected to be worn for some time in AFSOC...I wish they would just officially go to OCPs as the only duty uniform, and have the entire service in the same uniform, all the time.

Not going to happen.

Leadership believes we should have a uniform for in garrison that distinguishes us apart from the other services. When we deploy with our joint partners downrange is when we should look as one team in order to make it harder for the enemy to distinguish between the services.

Not my words, just relaying what was conveyed in an open forum less than a week ago at Maxwell.

Not going to happen.

Leadership believes we should have a uniform for in garrison that distinguishes us apart from the other services. When we deploy with our joint partners downrange is when we should look as one team in order to make it harder for the enemy to distinguish between the services.

Not my words, just relaying what was conveyed in an open forum less than a week ago at Maxwell.

You misunderstood me. I said the entire AF should be in OCPs; that way we all look the same rather than some being in OCPs, some in flight suits, some in blues, and some in ABUs. I don't care about looking the same as other services, I just think there should be some uniformity across our own service

If they don't want us looking like we're deployed, then it seems kind of silly to be approving/directing folks to wear the OCPs at home. Of course talking out of both sides of their mouth certainly isn't above senior leadership...

You misunderstood me. I said the entire AF should be in OCPs; that way we all look the same rather than some being in OCPs, some in flight suits, some in blues, and some in ABUs. I don't care about looking the same as other services, I just think there should be some uniformity across our own service

I did not misunderstand you. Leadership doesn't want the entire AF in OCPs in garrison.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Baseops Network Forums mobile app

I did not misunderstand you. Leadership doesn't want the entire AF in OCPs in garrison.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Baseops Network Forums mobile app

Then there is some miscommunication between leadership (this is my shocked face). The Wing/CC direction at HRT was basically "I can't force everyone to wear OCPs every day but I strongly suggest you start." That sounds like a push towards everyone in OCPs to me, but again, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a difference in directives among senior leadership

Assuming your MAJCOM/A3 approves, by the letter of the law 8.12.2.13 "Convenience stops are not authorized..."

I wore these on my last deployment and liked them. They are way better than the ABUs. With the current restrictions I don't think it's worth the hassle. I'll stick with the green onezie.

11 hours ago, hispeed7721 said:

Then there is some miscommunication between leadership (this is my shocked face). The Wing/CC direction at HRT was basically "I can't force everyone to wear OCPs every day but I strongly suggest you start." That sounds like a push towards everyone in OCPs to me, but again, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a difference in directives among senior leadership

it's cause the current HRT wing/cc is a fcking bad ass

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, hispeed7721 said:

If they don't want us looking like we're deployed, then it seems kind of silly to be approving/directing folks to wear the OCPs at home. Of course talking out of both sides of their mouth certainly isn't above senior leadership...

OCPs/2-piece flight suits are nice. Unfortunately not for ejection seats unless something's changed.

Does anyone there still wear the green flight suit? I don't see why we couldn't wear either in garrison. The win will be to scrap the ABU in favor of OCP.