More Uniform Changes!

Flare

Remember when a flight suit used to be a distinctive uniform? Now you can only be distinctive as a cook, flight attendant, or Equestrian Competitor.

Chapter 9

DISTINCTIVE UNIFORMS, ITEMS AND EQUIPMENT

9.3. USAF Honor Guard and Arlington National Cemetery Chaplains.

9.4. Installation and Base Honor Guard, Color Guard, Drill Team and Military Funeral Detail.

9.5. USAF Band, USAF Academy Band and USAF Regional Band.

9.6. Security Forces.

9.7. Air Force Food Service

9.8. Flight Attendant Uniforms

9.9. Medical Scrubs.

9.10. Equestrian Competition Service Dress Configuration

Are you fvcking kidding me?

Horses!??? Talk about a useless program that could probably save a decent chunk of change...

I need a beer, cheers :beer:

I find it hilarious that you guys still don't realize that you are getting stabbed in the back by your own community. About half of your "bros" that talk a good game right now are going to promote and then use their new found power to impose "shoe" rules on you. You guys keep referencing this aircrew versus the world situation...but in reality you are eating your own. In the CE world, our SNCOs always greet these new policies with a "I guess now they expect us to enforce this bullshit, too" attitude. I expect that is true in the MX world and about half of the support world.

The reality is that everybody in the Air Force works for a pilot. It is in your hands to change it. Stop bitching and do something about it. Please, for the rest of us that will never have any real power. If some pilot O-9 out there put his foot down on uniform regs, they would change. If some O-6 flyer said that the "Home of the Fighter Pilot" sign at Nellis will stay up, it will stay up. Trust me. I'll take all of the negative ratings as a reflection of how close to home this hits.

I like you man. You're crazy...but I like you.

I find it hilarious that you guys still don't realize that you are getting stabbed in the back by your own community. About half of your "bros" that talk a good game right now are going to promote and then use their new found power to impose "shoe" rules on you. You guys keep referencing this aircrew versus the world situation...but in reality you are eating your own. In the CE world, our SNCOs always greet these new policies with a "I guess now they expect us to enforce this bullshit, too" attitude. I expect that is true in the MX world and about half of the support world.

The reality is that everybody in the Air Force works for a pilot. It is in your hands to change it. Stop bitching and do something about it. Please, for the rest of us that will never have any real power. If some pilot O-9 out there put his foot down on uniform regs, they would change. If some O-6 flyer said that the "Home of the Fighter Pilot" sign at Nellis will stay up, it will stay up. Trust me. I'll take all of the negative ratings as a reflection of how close to home this hits.

Sad, but oh so true.

My SQ/CC was wearing his...

As was mine, and his DO.

That's awesome, wish it was like that everywhere.

I'd bet money that none of them are 2-BPZers chasing that BPZ to O-6...

I think that is in reference to them having to "maintain" a wheel cap. It's kinda like all officers having to maintain a mess dress

We seriously have to 'maintain' a wheel cap? Really? When did that happen?

• Upvote 1

Just realized something... aren't there beaches in Hawaii and other places with black sand? So a "sand-colored" t-shirt could be black, right?

Yes.

Iwo_jima_030312-N-0401E-001.jpg

Wow, I think this belongs in the "WTF?" thread. Dude's been busy!

it's already in that thread. About 4 weeks ago...

edit: added link...

Edited by stract

Let us know how this works out.

well, all this bitchin and zero effort trying to defend what their taking just leads to them taking more. Just saying we could start showing them that we'll just find other ways of taking pride in our job (even if it's an effort solely to piss them off) rather than just letting them stick it to us (STS) repeatedly. It can be done inside the books of the law too, that's all I was saying.

Do the regs state the color of boot laces? On my phone so can't look up. Might be a nice protest that starting nov 1 you lace up the puke greenies with black laces and pour one out for my nice black boots now lost to the clerks. If it's legal led the regs I may press to test one day...

If you have a creative LPA they could get some squadron morale shirts that are desert tan just on the small area that shows up top in a bag and the rest of the shirt is your old morale shirt color. Or you could institute shirtless Fridays in protest, that's been done before too.

Edited by nsplayr

...our SNCOs always greet these new policies with a "I guess now they expect us to enforce this bullsh*t, too" attitude. I expect that is true in the MX world...

The reality is that everybody in the Air Force works for a pilot. It is in your hands to change it. Stop bitching and do something about it. Please, for the rest of us that will never have any real power. If some pilot O-9 out there put his foot down on uniform regs, they would change. If some O-6 flyer said that the "Home of the Fighter Pilot" sign at Nellis will stay up, it will stay up. ...

Bold item # 1: 100% true in MX world. I/We had/have enough bullsh*t to put up with as it was/is without trying to enforce silly sh*t that makes no sense what so ever. Change for change's sake only, give me a fvcking break.

Bold item # 2: Again 100% correct. Will someone in charge please tell the shoes that life isn't fair, everyone's NOT a warrior and if they don't like things like "Home of the fighter pilot" on the front gate, morale patches and friday shirts because its "not fair" then too fvcking bad!

• 3 weeks later...

So i saw the post about the wheel cap and went to 36-2903 just to take a look and here is what it says

"6.2. Headgear.

6.2.1. The Men’s Service Cap (Wheel Cap). Will only be worn with the service dress and service uniforms. Women are authorized to wear the men’s service cap. For placement of appropriate clouds, darts and cap insignia, see figures 6.6, 6.7, and 6.8.

6.2.1.1. The visor-type service cap is banded with dark blue 1 ¾ inch braid and has a front black chin strap. An optional version has a braid of an open mesh construction and an optional black leather back strap. The cap sits squarely on the head with no hair protruding in front of the cap. Officers wear the service cap insignia without a circle and with the appropriate clouds and darts (based on rank) centered on the front of the cap. Enlisted wear the service cap insignia with a circle, centered on the front of the cap. Service cap is mandatory for Majors and above and optional for all others."

I hate to say it but it sure looks like if your a major or above you are now supposed to wear your wheel cap in service dress.

I disagree. After thinking about it for .69 seconds, it's more like this: if you're wearing a wheel cap you need to be wearing service dress. Like if you wear a long sleeve blue shirt you must wear a tie.

Edit: that's .69 seconds I'll never get back...damn

Edited by Learjetter

So i saw the post about the wheel cap and went to 36-2903 just to take a look and here is what it says

"6.2. Headgear.

6.2.1. The Men’s Service Cap (Wheel Cap). Will only be worn with the service dress and service uniforms. Women are authorized to wear the men’s service cap. For placement of appropriate clouds, darts and cap insignia, see figures 6.6, 6.7, and 6.8.

6.2.1.1. The visor-type service cap is banded with dark blue 1 ¾ inch braid and has a front black chin strap. An optional version has a braid of an open mesh construction and an optional black leather back strap. The cap sits squarely on the head with no hair protruding in front of the cap. Officers wear the service cap insignia without a circle and with the appropriate clouds and darts (based on rank) centered on the front of the cap. Enlisted wear the service cap insignia with a circle, centered on the front of the cap. Service cap is mandatory for Majors and above and optional for all others."

I hate to say it but it sure looks like if your a major or above you are now supposed to wear your wheel cap in service dress.

Wrong assumption, once you are a FGO you are expected to possess a farts-'n-darts wheel cap; but there is no requirement to actually wear it.

Will someone in charge please tell the shoes that life isn't fair, everyone's NOT a warrior and if they don't like things like "Home of the fighter pilot" on the front gate, morale patches and friday shirts because its "not fair" then too fvcking bad!

You should see the looks I get when as a SNCO I tell people this. We are to touchy feely and want to make every one seem important. The Chief about shit a brick when I told him that not everyone in the AF is a warrior. Just because you are necessary doesn’t make you important!

• Upvote 1

Are we changing uniforms again? I was beginning to like my ABU's..... :banghead:

081311af_roy_multicam_800.JPG

Article

Airmen are so in love with the Army’s lightweight MultiCam-patterned combat uniform that they went bananas when they spotted the Air Force’s top enlisted leader wearing it.

They wanted to know why he’s so special.

A picture of Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force James Roy shaking hands with airmen in Afghanistan, popped up on the Air Force’s website. Roy was decked out in the OCP, or Operation Enduring Freedom Camouflage Pattern, and everybody else had on the airman battle uniform.

Edited by plitter

Are we changing uniforms again? I was beginning to like my ABU's..... :banghead:

Air Forces Central Command requires any airman going outside the wire to wear the OCP

Not unless you're running around off base in OEF. This actually makes some sense, because ABUs don't blend into anything.