Partial DLA for forced move

Mox

I am running into some problems trying to see if I qualify for partial DLA. I was forced moved because of renovations from one base housing unit to another. From reading JFTR Vol 1 U-5630 Ch. 5, Part G, Para 15, it seems as though I would qualify. However, no one at my base seems to know who is suppose to fund it. They need a LOA (line of accounting?) to process the payment, but finance sends me to TMO, who sends me to housing, who sends me to Privatized housing, who sends me to finance, and the circle continues. Has anyone had an experience with this or any idea on how to help?

Thanks in advance!

I am running into some problems trying to see if I qualify for partial DLA. I was forced moved because of renovations from one base housing unit to another. From reading JFTR Vol 1 U-5630 Ch. 5, Part G, Para 15, it seems as though I would qualify. However, no one at my base seems to know who is suppose to fund it. They need a LOA (line of accounting?) to process the payment, but finance sends me to TMO, who sends me to housing, who sends me to Privatized housing, who sends me to finance, and the circle continues. Has anyone had an experience with this or any idea on how to help?

Thanks in advance!

Are you moving from one privatized residence to another? Note 7 seems to indicate that DLA is not payable.

However, from what this section says, it looks like you should be getting the partial DA. Why have you not gotten your supervisor, first sgt. or commander involved in this?

Edited by Herk Driver

Guest STOLSOONER!

If you have exhausted your means to get resolution...bring it to your Commander or one of the Lt Col's in your squadron that is under tasked. Let them take it up with finance to resolve....

If that fails and you can always bring it to the attention of the IG and he will make sure it is staffed in the appropriate channels for resolution.

Thanks in advance!

Yes I have. The LOA is funded from the Military Personnel (MILPERS) appropriation 3500. The Civil Engineer resource mgmt office should know the LOA and if they don't have them run it up to their Command.

But, just so you know, check out, http://www.af.mil/shared/media/epubs/AFMAN65-604.pdf , then Page 94 under 3500. The project is 599.04 for Partial DLA. So the entire LOA is:

5713500 321 P599.04 525725 Go show them all this and watch them freak out.

Edit: I just wanted to add that this AFMAN is just another measly 170 some pages we finance folks are supposed to know. But in today's world knowing where to look first is over half the battle.

Edited by Finance_Guy

Yes I have. The LOA is funded from the Military Personnel (MILPERS) appropriation 3500. The Civil Engineer resource mgmt office should know the LOA and if they don't have them run it up to their Command.

But, just so you know, check out, http://www.af.mil/shared/media/epubs/AFMAN65-604.pdf , then Page 94 under 3500. The project is 599.04 for Partial DLA. So the entire LOA is:

5713500 321 P599.04 525725 Go show them all this and watch them freak out.

Edit: I just wanted to add that this AFMAN is just another measly 170 some pages we finance folks are supposed to know. But in today's world knowing where to look first is over half the battle.

That is awesome. Mox, can you bring a flipcam with you when you show this to housing?

One question - if they don't know who's funding it, I'm guessing nobody's budgeted for it. Will any general officers be reprimanded by CSAF when this shows up against that LOA?

zb

edited for "didn't proofread before hitting POST"

Edited by zach braff

I was forced to move from one base house to another, and it was privatized. I did not incur any our of pocket expenses as my cable was reinstalled at no cost and I don't own a land line. I did make a killing on moving most of my stuff. I did a partial dity and had movers for furniture only. Inconvenient yes, but the few extra K in my pocket made up for it. But since it was already privatized, I don't know who was providing the funds, military or housing company. I did everything through TMO. I did not get DLA, but I seem to recall the housing office saying that cable and phone should not charge us for the swap (maybe they set up a deal where housing would pay the companies for each transfer).

Out

• 2 weeks later...

I was forced to move from one base house to another, and it was privatized. I did not incur any our of pocket expenses as my cable was reinstalled at no cost and I don't own a land line. I did make a killing on moving most of my stuff. I did a partial dity and had movers for furniture only. Inconvenient yes, but the few extra K in my pocket made up for it. But since it was already privatized, I don't know who was providing the funds, military or housing company. I did everything through TMO. I did not get DLA, but I seem to recall the housing office saying that cable and phone should not charge us for the swap (maybe they set up a deal where housing would pay the companies for each transfer).

Out

Most likely Housing/AF paid for the HHGs move and the privatized housing company paid for the cable reconnection. If both base houses were privatized you would never receive Partial DLA since the JFTR rules don't allow it.

One question - if they don't know who's funding it, I'm guessing nobody's budgeted for it. Will any general officers be reprimanded by CSAF when this shows up against that LOA?

Too Funny. We've found at some bases where they paid the Partial DLA out of the local O&M pot of money.