AFRC board - June 2011

Guest lbzrider14

Guest ravage

I got my class dates too! My Chief Pilot gave me the document, so like Herculean said, call your POC to get yours!

I got a OTS date for Jan 10. Anyone else get any sooner dates or the same? Also going to Laughlin for UPT. Real excited to know, but going to still be a long wait.

Guest ravage

Nice. My brother is at Vance. Are you age critical?

Not age critical - I think it was just by chance I got in soon. One of my buddies is also at Vance right now. I can't wait to live in Enid, OK lol. I'm used to living in the city/suburbia.

Not age critical - I think it was just by chance I got in soon. One of my buddies is also at Vance right now. I can't wait to live in Enid, OK lol. I'm used to living in the city/suburbia.

Yeah, my brother says everything goes pretty slow out there.

Guest FREDriver

Yeah, my brother says everything goes pretty slow out there.

OTS 10 JAN

IFS 24 April

UPT 28 June @ Vance

Did anyone get Rio? I haven't heard of anyone yet....

congrats to all who got picked up and good luck to those in Nov

OTS 10 JAN

IFS 24 April

UPT 28 June @ Vance

Did anyone get Rio? I haven't heard of anyone yet....

congrats to all who got picked up and good luck to those in Nov

Looks like we got the same dates but I got Rio vs Vance.

Guest starpilot

I interviewed for pilot, but my unit selected me as nav alternate. The primary backed out, so I got pushed through. I don't know why I made it, but I did. My scores weren't the hottest, but around average give or take (P-84, N-89, PCSM-98 but useless). I'm not sure its all about the scores anyway... Some of the navs in my unit said having an engineering degree would be a big plus. I'm also a bit older, and I was told that may have been a contributing factor ... I will be 29 in November, so the last OTS class I can hit is the one starting on Feb 28th.

Best of luck to all on your future paths ... I am sure some of ours will cross somewhere.

Just curious ... What airframes are you all going to? Herc Nav, for me...

Guest FREDriver

I'm goin C-5s outa Lackland. Congrats on getting picked up, especially since it was so competitive!

Anyone lookin to go to Vance over their upt base by chance?

Guest lbzrider14

I am one of the few who does not have any training dates. According to the scheduling, they say people who do not have dates are either waiting "pending IFCI medical approval or waiver/exception to policy request".. My medical was approved back in May, does anybody know what this other "waiver/exception to policy request" is?

Guest ravage

I am one of the few who does not have any training dates. According to the scheduling, they say people who do not have dates are either waiting "pending IFCI medical approval or waiver/exception to policy request".. My medical was approved back in May, does anybody know what this other "waiver/exception to policy request" is?

I bet it's a record-keeping error with AETC, or AFRC when they ripped your package apart. When it talks about waivers, I think it's referring to the normal waiver process. For instance, I needed a waiver for my LASIK. I passed everything in my physical, but I didn't get the official stamp until someone wrote up my waiver for my LASIK. Physically writing the waiver added about 2 months of waiting for approval...pain in the butt. I'm assuming you've seen your FCI with the "Stamp" on it? Your recruiter (or Career Advancement in the MPF if prior service) should have a contact person at AFRC, to whom you should send another copy of the stamped FCI. That's probably what I would do.

If you are finding resistance, or can't get any help, I have the email of the LtCol that was my MPF's POC for my package. I can PM you the info if you want?

I'm waiting on a waiver and have gotten no word from anyone other than "its going to take a while" from my recruiter. I was told that one hour after being notified by my chief pilot that I was selected by the board.

My chief said that they were not even sure who had the authority to grant the waiver and and the legal dpt was starting at the SECDEF and working their way down. Its been two weeks, and have still not heard anything....PM me for more details or if you think you might be able to shed any light on this situation.

Guest lbzrider14

I bet it's a record-keeping error with AETC, or AFRC when they ripped your package apart. When it talks about waivers, I think it's referring to the normal waiver process. For instance, I needed a waiver for my LASIK. I passed everything in my physical, but I didn't get the official stamp until someone wrote up my waiver for my LASIK. Physically writing the waiver added about 2 months of waiting for approval...pain in the butt. I'm assuming you've seen your FCI with the "Stamp" on it? Your recruiter (or Career Advancement in the MPF if prior service) should have a contact person at AFRC, to whom you should send another copy of the stamped FCI. That's probably what I would do.

If you are finding resistance, or can't get any help, I have the email of the LtCol that was my MPF's POC for my package. I can PM you the info if you want?

Yes, I have a PDF of my medical with the "AETC approved" stamp across the first page. My recruiter and sponsor are working leads. I know I needed a non-medical waiver as well, so I'm curious if that's the hold-up. I'll let you know if I need that POC.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lbzrider14

Does anyone who still monitors this thread have access to the most current UPT training excell spreadsheet? Please PM me. Found out my waiver was signed off last week t and seeing if my dates were posted because I was one of the few who didn't have dates filled in when everyone got them last month.

Thanks

• 3 months later...

WELL! nearly 6 months later I have finally enlisted and gotten dates for Vance starting OTS on 10 Jan.....anyone else headed that way?

I do not have a document, just the word from the Chief pilot. I'd be nice if anyone on here had a document they were willing to pass around just to see it in black and white....

WELL! nearly 6 months later I have finally enlisted and gotten dates for Vance starting OTS on 10 Jan.....anyone else headed that way?

I do not have a document, just the word from the Chief pilot. I'd be nice if anyone on here had a document they were willing to pass around just to see it in black and white....

You are in the same OTS class as me. I haven't gotten anything except the word from my POC and recruiter. We have a facebook group started for the class. Type in OTS BOT 12-04 into the search box and I will add you as it is a closed group. What squadron/air frame are you with?