AFRC board - June 2011

Guest lbzrider14

Guest hold_shortc5

So I just got a phone call from my unit in CA. They said they should have the results and possible dates out by the end of this week.

Guest lbzrider14

I have a copy of the excell spreadsheet of all the training dates for hired people from last board so if anyone gets this that would be great to pass around

Guest lbzrider14

So I just got a phone call from my unit in CA. They said they should have the results and possible dates out by the end of this week.

Is it sad I keep hitting refresh every 15 minutes? :darkcloud: Anyone hear any updates this week?

Guest dreadnought

Same here man. I'm thinking today's the day if the results come out this week...tomorrow's a federal holiday.

Guest tbrown85

Is it sad I keep hitting refresh every 15 minutes? :darkcloud: Anyone hear any updates this week?

I am pretty sure I have checked this forum at least 192 times a day for the past 3 weeks or so.

Did receive an email from my 'Career Enhancement Chief'(I'm already a reserve crew chief on the same base that hired me to be a pilot) this past Tuesday that my package "met the UPT board with no issues. We are now in wait mode until the board has been certified by the AFRC/CC." She sent me this after she received a 2nd confirmation email from the Lt. Col type that was "scrubbing" the packages before the board met last week.

Pretty vague and probably near useless info but hey at least it's something!

Guest lbzrider14

How are the results officially communicated from AFRC once released?

I have the release letter from the Dec AFRC board. One of the people on here sent it over after the Dec board release. It was issued by the Lt Gen AF Commander and contains all the people selected as primary and alternates. My guess is this official letter goes out to all officer recruiters and to the unit commanders that had people who met the board.

Guest dreadnought

Well, it's well past 5 on the east coast. My unit has tomorrow off for the holiday weekend...kinda wondering if they're doing the same at AFRC.

• Downvote 1

Guest dreadnought

Its quiet...too quiet. Anyone getting any updated info on when we might hear something?

Guest monkey

My chief pilot told me 7/8, possibly a day or two earlier. Two days earlier is today, so I think any minute now between today and Friday. It's killing me!!!!!

Guest navibeav

I just received an unsolicited email from my recruiter letting me know he received word that results should be out no later than next week but he does not know which day.

Edited by navibeav

Guest dreadnought

I have it from a very reliable source that the averages from this board (yes, as in June) are as follows: 92 pilot, 92 pcsm, 641 flying hours.

Guest tbrown85

Sounds like my pcsm score was average then. 641 flying hours is an average huh...yeah I'm not anywhere close haha hopefully they won't hold that against me! Also received an email today that before the packages were sent up through the command section, they had a deadline of 7/8, let's see if they reach that goal.

Guest dreadnought

I was told this as well...

Sounds right...the info I saw today said AFRC was given 80 slots total for FY11...40 for this board, 40 for NOV

Edited by dreadnought

Guest monkey

Could it be abnormally high this time because of the abnormally high amount of guys that failed last time and are doing over in addition to the fresh batch of packages? Skifree and slo-goin, care to disclose where u heard those figures? Those numbers make me really nervous. Btw if u r wondering why more people aren't posting, many don't know about this site or simply only read.

Guest lbzrider14

Heard there were 70 apps, 40 slots...

I really doubt all 70 of these applicants have been interviewed and sponsoredby units though.

Guest lbzrider14

I thought that I heard at one point that you had to be sponsored by a unit to meet the board. Can anyone offer insight?

No entirely true I think. You can put in an unsponsored package, hope to get selected, and then I believe units can swap/pick from unsponsored selected candiates. I remember a few years ago I was refered to a AFR recruiter who told me this. He said woudn't work with me to put in a an unsponsored package to the AFRC board until I had about 300 hours to make me "competitive." I had about 60 at the time. Well I discovered the whole "unit sponsorship" on my own, got selected and now I'm working with the same guy who turned me down a few years ago.

Hope someone else has insight as well.