AFRC board - June 2011

Guest lbzrider14

Guest lbzrider14

Hey whats up everybody? I was wondering if there were anyone monitoring this topic that didn't get accepted for the November 2010 and what there status is as of right now? What you are doing to pass the time till the board meets again?

I'd like to know if anyone on here is putting an application to the June 2011 board as well. Curious how your app packet is coming along and the IFCI physical with the whole WP conversion. I've finished the paperwork just waiting on physical dates.

Edited by lbzrider14

Guest skipro101

I am supposedly trying for the June board as well. I was just hired by a unit and have just started working with the recruiter (as in last Friday) to get my application package ready for the AFRC board.

I understand that I need a FC1 Physical scheduled, completed, and certified before May 30th (June board deadline). Does anyone have an idea on whether this time line is realistic?

Guest lbzrider14

I am supposedly trying for the June board as well. I was just hired by a unit and have just started working with the recruiter (as in last Friday) to get my application package ready for the AFRC board.

I understand that I need a FC1 Physical scheduled, completed, and certified before May 30th (June board deadline). Does anyone have an idea on whether this time line is realistic?

My own opinion from my experience is this.

I'd say its definitely not possible if you have a few issues that will need waivers. However, if you already have a certified MEPS physical and have a clean medical file, its possible. Something tells me due to this whole Wright Patt conversion taking as long as it did, I'm hoping pplications will be accepted for individuals who have had their flight physicals conducted but not yet certified

Guest lbzrider14

My own opinion from my experience is this.

I'd say its definitely not possible if you have a few issues that will need waivers. However, if you already have a certified MEPS physical and have a clean medical file, its possible. Something tells me due to this whole Wright Patt conversion taking as long as it did, I'm hoping pplications will be accepted for individuals who have had their flight physicals conducted but not yet certified

Edited by lbzrider14

That was in the e-mail we received last week from A-3 - the 2-Star- addressed to all AFRC Wings.

Guest lbzrider14

That was in the e-mail we received last week from A-3 - the 2-Star- addressed to all AFRC Wings.

Yeah, it also came out with the results of the last board. Every board in the past has had exceptions (e.g. AFRC stating peoples physicals must be "conducted, but not certified" in order to meet the board; however, they have allowed people to meet the board in the past if their physicals have been scheduled, but not conducted yet.

That being said I can't imagine how small the number of applications is going to be for this June board due to the conversion, so all you can pray for is they take into account the lost time due to this conversion and allow candidates to submit applications if they have their physicals scheduled and/or conducted, but not certified yet.

Also, my recruiter told me that he has word from the Surgeon General that candidates who submitted their IFCI request PRIOR to the conversion WILL be certified in time to meet the board.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it also came out with the results of the last board. Every board in the past has had exceptions (e.g. AFRC stating peoples physicals must be "conducted, but not certified" in order to meet the board; however, they have allowed people to meet the board in the past if their physicals have been scheduled, but not conducted yet.

Is there any more info from that email that is worth sharing?

Edited by skifreeatomic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lbzrider14

Nope, all I know is I'm shooting for the May 31st deadline as well!!!

Nope, all I know is I'm shooting for the May 31st deadline as well!!! cmac, has your physical been approved yet?

Guest lbzrider14

Where is the info for this. I am AD and I talked to the in service Reserve recruiter and he said nothing about a board. Thanks guys

It's a secret society. Ask him again and look him directly in the eyes to see if he's lieing haha.

But seriously, air force reserve command holds an officer board twice a year. Usually March and Sept. Not sure if its only for pilot and nav candidates only, or if it includes other officer positions as well. Last board had bunch of problems so it was redone in December. The march 2011 board got pushed back to June.

Anybody have a clue what the actual dates for the June board are?... not that that matters considering we wont here anything for a month+

Nope... still waiting for them to even come back and ask for proof that I got my teeth fixed.

• 1 month later...
Guest lbzrider14

Anybody know the date the board is meeting? I know (unless it changed) the packages are due 31 May correct? The forum just seems pretty quiet compared to the past right around a board convening....

I haven't heard anything about the board meeting date, but apps due 31 May has been confirmed. Yah I'm extremely surprised about the lack of chatter, hopefully that means few are submitting for the board. My app is all set; I'm jsut waiting on my IFCI cert from AETC which should come in the next week or so.

how do you apply to the AFRC for UPT? The inservice recruiter said that I could not enter in enlisted and go for a commission. He said I had to enlist in the reserves, wait 6 months, then apply for a commission. Is this right?

Guest lbzrider14

how do you apply to the AFRC for UPT? The inservice recruiter said that I could not enter in enlisted and go for a commission. He said I had to enlist in the reserves, wait 6 months, then apply for a commission. Is this right?

try and get sponsored by a reserve or guard flying unit.. during my two years of interviewing not once did I talk to a recruiter. Once you get sponsored than you deal with the OFFICER recruiter. there are very few out there so sounds like your currently talking to a reserve enlisted recruiter.

The officer recruiter in my area is the only one for the northeast region and there isn't another guy for like 300 miles. So try and get the name of the reserve officer recruiter for your area. Pm me, I can help.

I've also heard officer reserve recruiters putting people's app into the board without sponsorships but is rare.

Guest lbzrider14

My stuff will be at the June board.... don't know whether to be nervous or excited... has anyone else heard back from WP yet? I was the first batch to go up there and still havent heard anything.

My package just got submitted today. I took my physical 2nd week in April and as of today, my recruiter told me my IFCI has been "signed off" but not "certified" with the rubber stamp yet.

Guest lbzrider14

My stuff will be at the June board.... don't know whether to be nervous or excited... has anyone else heard back from WP yet? I was the first batch to go up there and still havent heard anything.

So today's the deadline for submitting apps to the June AFRB board. To meet the board we were suppose to have "certified" physicals, but I can't see this being the case since the first batch of kids who went through when WP opened up still haven't heard word yet. Found out the board convenes 21/22 June, good luck to everyone who submitted their packages.

Guest BJN16

I was one of the first batch at WP as well but I've heard limited information since then. My recruiter informed me we are still applying for the June board but I have yet to get a confirmation my package was submitted. As far as the physical goes it is still pending signature. As most of you know already I had a waiver to obtain so mine will take longer I expect. Keep me updated! Good luck

Guest hold_shortc5

Does anyone actually know the date the board is meeting and when about we will hear something if we got accepted or not?

Guest lbzrider14

Does anyone actually know the date the board is meeting and when about we will hear something if we got accepted or not?

21/22 June. I think typical past boards took like 3 weeks after they convened; just a SWAG

After we get word on our acceptance

hmmm......not being nitpicky, but maybe "IF" instead of "after" would be better suited for that statement. I also think its more of a 5 week time frame from the 22nd. Some will have dates as soon as they're notified, then some will get dates shortly thereafter. And apparently even after those dates are initially cut they are still subject to change.

That info is just based on what i observed from the last board.

Edited by skifreeatomic