Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Funding a Private Pilots License (PPL)

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Looking to find a ways to fund a PPL, grants, financial aid, loans, etc.

I'm aware that the GI Bill will refund up to 60% of all certifications AFTER a PPL but the first 5 or 6 grand is still hard to come by. Thanks for any help.

Posted

Looking to find a ways to fund a PPL, grants, financial aid, loans, etc.

I'm aware that the GI Bill will refund up to 60% of all certifications AFTER a PPL but the first 5 or 6 grand is still hard to come by. Thanks for any help.

Of course there is WORKING for your money, which I know is an absolute last option in today's America. I washed a lot of airplanes to fund my PPL when I was a teenager. Another good option I found if you have Mechanical skilzzzz is to apprentice with the local A&P, that way you are both learning about the airplanes you will be flying as well as making money TO fly.

Posted

Of course there is WORKING for your money, which I know is an absolute last option in today's America. I washed a lot of airplanes to fund my PPL when I was a teenager. Another good option I found if you have Mechanical skilzzzz is to apprentice with the local A&P, that way you are both learning about the airplanes you will be flying as well as making money TO fly.

Yea, other than working for the money - you could just do what alot of us did, including me.

Let someone else pay for it in exchange for work - i.e. sign a 10 year commitment to big blue and let them pay for it. I never bought a single hour. lol

Posted

If you're on AD, rumor is that next year TA will start covering flight time/classes toward FAA ratings - including PPL. That's what the Aero Club here is saying at least.

Posted

Of course there is WORKING for your money, which I know is an absolute last option in today's America.

FYI I work for a living, Mommy and Daddy dont pay my rent,car note, or anything else involved with day to day living. :beer:

LOL maybe I can hit THEM up for Flying lessons.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll check into the work release program haha

Posted (edited)

I talked to my education office last week about this. I was told that they are waiting for the blessing from above to proceed. Expect more info towards the end of January/beginning of February.

edit:grammarcuzI'madumbass.

Edited by Marco

Posted

I talked to my education office last week about this. I was told that they are waiting for the blessing from above to proceed. Expect more info towards the end of January/beginning of February.

edit:grammarcuzI'madumbass.

FVCK! It figures those d-bags would wait till after I retired to do this.

Somebitches.

Good deal for the young dudes/gals though.

Posted

If you're on AD, rumor is that next year TA will start covering flight time/classes toward FAA ratings - including PPL. That's what the Aero Club here is saying at least.

sweet I'll have something to put TA towards now that i'm giving up on my masters