Gen Welsh - USAF Chief of Staff

busdriver

I'll take anyone who actually can fathom that America is not still in a Cold War, Migs are not our biggest threat, the PT uniform/service dress are ok, we aren't going to war with China next year but will probably still be fighting ISIS and has a basic grip on current reality. I'll take any change at this point. Sadly I'd rather have an ABM than a lot of these pilots who are stuck 30 years in the past.

Sorry Welsh, I had high hopes. But you were an above avg turd as far as execution. Maybe if you can't unfuck the USAF, nobody can...but I'm willing to give it a chance.

From the article...

Robinson is also reportedly a favorite of Deborah Lee James, who as secretary of the Air Force has worked extensively to expand the profile of women in the service.
McDew, notably, would be the first African-American chief for the service.

Given the climate of things, my bet is it will be one of these two.  

• 3 months later...

You guys see this?  Welsh is getting the 2015 Great American Patriot Award. Previous awardees include Gen Schwartz...but also a Marine general and a MoH recipient. I have never heard of this award so I have no idea if it is something big or another award for participating. Not to take away from his 30+ years of service, but it seems a bit ridiculous, given all the bad/sub-stellar press lately (we are short people across the board right after massive cuts, "you are always on parade, even your private phone conversations", the F-35 debacle, et al) but maybe my view is a bit skewed from reading JQP. Or maybe this is like that order of the sword or whatever the Chiefs give the CSAF - they did it once, so now they do it every time?  

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/637365/welsh-named-2015-great-american-patriot-award-recipient.aspx

From the article..."However, Carlisle would be 59 by the time Welsh retires, older than normal to take on a chief of staff job. He also does not represent diversity, an issue sources agree is being weighed by both James and the administration."

This seems like blatant discrimination to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the article..."However, Carlisle would be 59 by the time Welsh retires, older than normal to take on a chief of staff job. He also does not represent diversity, an issue sources agree is being weighed by both James and the administration."

This seems like blatant discrimination to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not if the rhetoric has morphed diversity to be a distorted term.

1 hour ago, SurelySerious said:

Not if the rhetoric has morphed diversity to be a distorted term.

It isn't going away for a while.  It's sick that we are choosing people because of the color of their skin or gender, I think MLK said the opposite.

• Upvote 2

McDew - I heard a story from my old SQ/CC that he visited some base got off the plane and be lined for this lieutenant who had a morale patch. "You just made your whole wing look like $#it"

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Duck said:

McDew - I heard a story from my old SQ/CC that he visited some base got off the plane and be lined for this lieutenant who had a morale patch. "You just made your whole wing look like $#it"

He stares are you and your uniform to sum up if you look like shit/out of regs before even talking to you. Of course he's been doing that since he was an O-6.

Edited by Azimuth

He stares are you and your uniform to sum up if you look like shit/out of regs before even talking to you. Of course he's been doing that since he was an O-6.

He's just looking for the important things.