Brooks to Wright-Patterson Conversion

Guest lbzrider14

Guest lbzrider14

In lieu of the FCI chaning locations from Brooks to Wright-Patterson, does anyone have any information on when this conversion is going to taking place? Have they stopped giving out FCI dates until they know when the conversion is going to be final? I've been "approved" by the SG to take my flight physical, but they have not provided dates yet due to the change in administering locations. Is anyone else in a similar situation or have any "firm" information?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest goducks

In lieu of the FCI chaning locations from Brooks to Wright-Patterson, does anyone have any information on when this conversion is going to taking place? Have they stopped giving out FCI dates until they know when the conversion is going to be final? I've been "approved" by the SG to take my flight physical, but they have not provided dates yet due to the change in administering locations. Is anyone else in a similar situation or have any "firm" information?

I don't know the specifics about when dates will be issued, but I can say that the last FCI class at Brooks is the first or second week of December (2010) and will commence at Wright Patt in early April 2011.

Guest lbzrider14

I was advised that my FC1 date would be APR 25th at WR-P as long as my form 6 got in by JAN 1st. I am for a UPT fiscal 12.

This could be worse than finding out Michael Jackson died...Did you get an "approval" but no specific dates yet; April 25th is just a projected date you got?

Edited by lbzrider14

This could be worse than finding out Michael Jackson died...Did you get an "approval" but no specific dates yet; April 25th is just a projected date you got?

Projected, that's if WR-P has their S*%# together by then. we all know how things happens in the AF... But all I can do is hurry up and wait.

Guest lbzrider14

I haven't heard a definite answer from my sponsor or recruiter. From the sounds of it I don't think anyone seems to know for sure. It's pretty frustrating if you ask me.

Guest lbzrider14

I believe it's being delayed till June now for this very reason.... but this is word of mouth and completely unconfirmed.

Yeah well this is in-fact a truth now. There is a paragraph in the selection results document that states "next board is June 2011, and applications are due last business day of May 2011" (May 31st).

Big changes for ALL future boards as well: FCI physicals MUST be "certified" to meet future boards. Even if an applicant has completed his physical, he will NOT be allowed to meet future boards until it's certified by AETC/SG. They mentioned it's because of scheduling confusion/conflicts having applicants who have been selected by the board, but are waiting on FCI certifications.

Hopefully they can get WP up and runing before April to allow time for the physicals to be "certified." Man, I would hate to miss two boards in a row! If anyone receives a FCI date in the future would you mind posting it up?

Edited by lbzrider14

Guest goducks

Any idea if the ACS is on a similar timeline?

The ACS is closing Feb 11 and re-opening at Wright-Patt in early April. I don't know when the last ACS patients will be seen, but my gut tells me late January.

Guest lbzrider14

The ACS is closing Feb 11 and re-opening at Wright-Patt in early April. I don't know when the last ACS patients will be seen, but my gut tells me late January.

What is ACS

• 2 weeks later...

lbzrider14....how long did it take for you to get your FCI approval from the SG? I sent my FCI application in a little over a week ago. I was just wondering how long to expect to wait.

Guest lbzrider14

lbzrider14....how long did it take for you to get your FCI approval from the SG? I sent my FCI application in a little over a week ago. I was just wondering how long to expect to wait.

Oh funny you should ask... I submitted my FCI request back in May and STILL do not hace any FCI dates yet... There was major paperwork issues and i just recently allowed to come physica, but haven't been given dates yet.. SUCKS

• 3 weeks later...

Any word yet on whether or not pilots will have the option to get their FCI done at guard units while waiting for W-P to open?

I don't think that's an option H-10. I've tried to go through every avenue due to my FCI date in April. Having it in April, means I won't be able to do AMS until the following Fiscal Year since they only have a handful of classes for Guard, so my unit has been trying everything to get it pushed forward, but it doesn't look good at this point. I figure we are all going to get a first class lesson in "Hurry Up and Wait."

I don't think that's an option H-10. I've tried to go through every avenue due to my FCI date in April. Having it in April, means I won't be able to do AMS until the following Fiscal Year since they only have a handful of classes for Guard, so my unit has been trying everything to get it pushed forward, but it doesn't look good at this point. I figure we are all going to get a first class lesson in "Hurry Up and Wait."

I know what you mean man... btw congrats on everything! We are still waiting for the approval at this point. The paperwork was officially submitted to the NGB on the first of Nov.... but no word yet. Word on the street is that we'll probably be going for the FC1 around April and Sept AMS is a good possibility.

It'll all be worth the wait! Could be worse... I hear some guys getting sponsored by the Reserve units are getting turned down by the board.

Edited by CJ-6A

I know what you mean man... btw congrats on everything! We are still waiting for the approval at this point. The paperwork was officially submitted to the NGB on the first of Nov.... but no word yet. Word on the street is that we'll probably be going for the FC1 around April and Sept AMS is a good possibility.

So is it both you and John waiting on NGB and FCI dates? And it definitely seems like we are going to be in the pipeline at the same time. I'm telling you, this shut down has really messed the timing up. At least after the FCI is done, you should be able to start getting rides in the back seat of the D model.

So is it both you and John waiting on NGB and FCI dates? And it definitely seems like we are going to be in the pipeline at the same time. I'm telling you, this shut down has really messed the timing up. At least after the FCI is done, you should be able to start getting rides in the back seat of the D model.

Good thing to look forward to! I think my paperwork actually went in a little before John's did - but not sure that really matters in the grand scheme of dates now.

Guest lbzrider14

I'm also waiting for FCI dates but I'm going the Reserve route. Recruiter told me they were doing FCI physicals at the AF Academy during the interim; anyone else hear this?