New AF Motto

Breckey

Link

So the generals in all of the infinite wisdom spent 10 months choosing new motto for the Air Force, that was already chosen for them over 20 years ago. Guess there's nothing better to do with this war going on and all. :banghead:

My favorite part of the article:

"Slogans and ad phrases come and go, but a motto is meant to be passed from one generation of Airmen to another,"

20 bucks says that in 10 years we will have another motto.

Link

So the generals in all of the infinite wisdom spent 10 months choosing new motto for the Air Force, that was already chosen for them over 20 years ago. Guess there's nothing better to do with this war going on and all. :banghead:

20 bucks says that in 10 years we will have another motto.

From one generation to another...unless we change it three times a generation.

Damn, and here I just spend $400 to get the Airman's Creed tatooed on my back. This would have been much cheaper.

Not to start a tattoo thread, but just last week I actually saw a kid that on his back. Hilarious.

Guest atlantis15

"Slogans and ad phrases come and go, but a motto is meant to be passed from one generation of Airmen to another," Chief Roy said. "This is for the hundreds of thousands of Airmen who now serve, who have served and who will serve in the future."

I love it; it reminds me of 1984. "We were always at war with East Asia."

"The Air Force motto was always Aim High, err, Above All, err, Cross into the Blue, err, Aim High."

I feel like the heritage of the motto is actually changing the motto.

Not to start a tattoo thread, but just last week I actually saw a kid that on his back. Hilarious.

No way...What's next? The AF core values on his forehead?

This is what is wrong with the AF. The AF has been trying to make everyone feel like some kind of warrior for a long time now. We have the creed and now another stupid motto. They are trying to make everyone even. Everyone is a warrior. This is a large part of why the shoe clerk feels like he has power. So which of the Fly, Fight or Win part of the slogan does the shoe clerk fit into?

I don't know about you, but I take warriors to work. That is what we do in the Herc. I am no warrior. Last time I checked I am not kicking in doors in some village in Afghanistan. To me, those are the warriors.

• Upvote 1

This is what is wrong with the AF. The AF has been trying to make everyone feel like some kind of warrior for a long time now. We have the creed and now another stupid motto. They are trying to make everyone even. Everyone is a warrior. This is a large part of why the shoe clerk feels like he has power. So which of the Fly, Fight or Win part of the slogan does the shoe clerk fit into?

I don't know about you, but I take warriors to work. That is what we do in the Herc. I am no warrior. Last time I checked I am not kicking in doors in some village in Afghanistan. To me, those are the warriors.

Exactly. In the Marines, every single Marine is a basically trained infantry man. That means the each Marine can accomplish the mission of the Marine Corps if asked to. Now, if every single person in the USAF had soloed a T-6, then we would all be trained in the basic mission of the USAF... But we haven't. I fear that our only tradition in the USAF will soon be that we have none.

Oh, and I only aim high if she's wearing glasses. :beer:

If you must "Aim High", the jet needs to be boresighted.

That's funny right there...

Oh, and I only aim high if she's wearing glasses. :beer:

Even better, well said man.

Overall it could have turned out worse but what a waste of time and money...

At least they didn't totally screw the pooch with the new motto. So sad that my USAF expectations have been lowered from "I just know they'll get this right, as usual" to "Oh thank God they didn't screw up again". As we've previously discussed, the motto could have been much worse.

I like "FLY HIGH". Then we could put the motto on a patch with a pilot who has bloodshot eyes. Take that Air Force!

• Upvote 1

I think the damn thing is too long, but you all know how this really went. After a month, someone on the Air Staff probably had a decent motto, and sent it up with a eSSS to get approval. Along the way, it was edited, completely changed, and sent back down again to said staffer. There were probably countless hours spent on many weekends away from family and friends in the pentagonal windowless office, and then, it finally got approved. I've seen how stuff like this works first hand for the "motto" on the bottom of our new unit letterhead, that continues to change shades of blue until we get it just right. In my humble opinion, fucking ridiculous, and a testament to how we waste our time on a day to day basis.

I love "fly, fight, win", but when I was browsing through AF Times today, and told coworkers what it was, their first reaction was that we are not pilots. I don't think people get that the tip of the Air Force spear is our pilots. That is why I applied after many long hours of study to get the slot that I currently have. There are other arguments on threads here like "ammo against the shoe clerks" in the general discussion thread that are also a testament to how wrong our mentality has gotten. Without MX, support, finance, MPF, and other organizations, we could not do our jobs. The purpose of all those jobs is to support the pilots who are in the fight, dropping bombs on all that wish us harm.

[end rant]

• Upvote 1

Let's see... Blues on Mondays, a new PT test, and this stupid motto. Yup, Schwartz has turned out to be a great leader. :flipoff:

The next motto will be "Aim High...Fly, Fight, and Win...Fly, Fight, and Win in Air, Space, and Cyberspace...Cross Into the Blue"

This is why we're a joke to our sister services. How about we focus on the real issues of the Air Force instead of wasting money on stupid policies and reinventing the wheel?

• Upvote 4