AMS (Academy of Military Science) Questions

Guest lazy26

ewokpoacher, thanks for the information. Is he in charge of Rated Management? I am a non-rated select, but I just asked my recruiter and he said he would reach out to a colonel to find out how the rated selectees get seats. Apparently wing education and training only handles BOT, but not AMS/BOT.

FYI.... no more AMS or BOT or reserve officer... all now OTS that's great now us guard guys can attend any of the classes which I am hoping happens, ive been waiting a while

Awesome man thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting on this word for a while since I'm in a situation that could really use that right now. I'm not gonna get outta the Army in time for the March AMS class but if I could get into BOT class 10-06 starting on June 21st, it won't effect my timeline at all. That's a lot easier than worrying about AMS specific dates. Do you have an official reference I can show the recruiters at my unit?

Edited by xcraftllc

Awesome man thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting on this word for a while since I'm in a situation that could really use that right now. I'm not gonna get outta the Army in time for the March AMS class but if I could get into BOT class 10-06 starting on June 21st, it won't effect my timeline at all. That's a lot easier than worrying about AMS specific dates. Do you have an official reference I can show the recruiters at my unit

below is the news article... I also showed my recruiter lol, however I don't know if that helps accelerate things.

http://www.afrc.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/136/Article/567504/ots-eliminates-component-distinctions.aspx

Edited by av8tr37
  • Upvote 1

I'm going into week 7 of AMS in class 15-03, and I can confirm that AMS and BOT are basically the same. 15-03 is the first 'total force' OTS class. When I arrived on 19 Jan there were some active duty Cadets in the class that had already been here for about a week. We had a BOT class start about 2 weeks ago. The only difference I can tell between to the two programs is that BOT gets an extra week at the beginning for indoc (marching, paperwork, etc). AMS is more geared towards the prior service, guardsmen.

AMS is more geared towards the prior service, guardsmen.

Which makes it "interesting" for the handful of non-priors in each AMS class.

"What are you DOING??!!!"

"Sir, I don't know!"

"WHY NOT??!!

Sir... I've never marched before!"

Edited by GoGuard

• 2 weeks later...

Which makes it "interesting" for the handful of non-priors in each AMS class.

"What are you DOING??!!!"

"Sir, I don't know!"

"WHY NOT??!!

Sir... I've never marched before!"

You mean: "Sir, OC GoGuard reports as ordered! I don't know!"

Edited by Chopin6019

• 1 month later...

Is it just me or is there no more public posting of the OTS class dates? As I recall the next few were 10-05 on May 5th, 10-06 on July 21st, and I've heard something about a class on August 5th. Does anyone have a link or any more info?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/20/2017 at 3:34 AM, airmav said:

Do civilian candidates get to select their AMS date (e.g. month), or is it imposed upon them? How many AMS class dates are there in a year? Are these dates for 2017 posted somewhere?

AMS is no longer. Total Force Officer's Training is the new officer's training school. It's a combination of AD, Guard and Reserve in one class. HERE is a link to FY18's schedule. 

• 5 years later...