CSO drop nights

Does the U-28 normally get selected by the top of the class?

One guy that was top of the class picked an RC-135. Every person is very different with what they want and why they want it. If you want a B-52 you will probably get it. That being said, it depends on the drop, and your class as well. My class has a ton of people that want B-1's but I know other classes where no one wants it. Luck of the draw. Do your best, and make your intentions known and it will all work out.

The U-28 is going to be my number one choice. I hope that my class doesn't have too many people that put the U-28 as there number one choice. I have talked to four students that will probably end up being in my class and all of them want the U-28. I plan on working hard as hell in training and I really don't want to see too many disappointed students. It is nice when everyone can get their top choice.

***Edited to remove obvious sarcastic statement that has somehow been confused***

Edited by one

Guess I can't be sarcastic. I know how serious you guys keep all your posts.

He is trying to be cute. But he is an idiot so he ends up sounding like an idiot

Good observation. Normally it takes people a few months of knowing me personally before they can peg me as an idiot.

ETA: I edited my last post so it wasn't so damn cute.

Edited by one

CSOs also have a bit of an advantage over their Pilot bros in getting to know different aircraft's missions. Due to the setup of the syllabus as well as having access to classified information and the much dreaded integration exercise.

Uhhhhh, what?

CSOs also have a bit of an advantage over their Pilot bros in getting to know different aircraft's missions. Due to the setup of the syllabus as well as having access to classified information and the much dreaded integration exercise.

Uhhhhh, what?

Yes, do tell....

There is a large block of Nav Skool (Or used to be during the intro to beeps and squeaks) where everyone spends a couple weeks in the vault studying the 3-1's of all the various airframes. Not that there is any time to really get into the weeds, it does give a good overview of the mission of each jet and how it fits into the "Big picture". It is pretty much practice mission planning for a war. As far as the different MWS's showing up with airframes, that was pretty much the same as UPT where you had set aside days where you got to talk to all the dudes who were actively Nav'in and EWO'in it up to get a good picture of what your lifestyle would be like in the different airframes.

Uhhhhh, what?

Yes, do tell....

I think they summed it up pretty well. I've talked to numerous new copilots who had little to no opportunity to get in a vault while they were in UPT, and thus don't have the opportunity to learn about some airframes or missions. On the other hand, most new CSOs I've seen come through are a little more up to speed since they had a good chunk of forced vault time during nav school.

Is the first exposure to a vault for a UPT dude at IFF? Coming from the old Pensacola program, it was for me. But going to Randolph for IFF, we were able to get over into the Nav school vault as well. Just wondering.

And if this is the case, why? (Nobody wants to be the ASM???)

Edited by lazlo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...