CSO drop nights

Can't speak to Pcola specifically cause I'm pretty sure all the guys we (H-models) washed out last year were from Randolph...

I know one of those guys specifically and we all knew from a mile away he had no business in the gunship. Our FLT/CC did a freaking amazing job getting people the planes they wanted (I think something like 7/12 got their absolute first choice, the other 5 got something very close), but he maybe didn't do quite as good of a job at looking objectively at where people could succeed.

WRT the whole instructors at the school house thing, I think AFSOC has suffered from this for some time. When I was there I could remember 1 cool as hell gunship nav, another gunship dude who I didn't see much, and a total douche talon II guy and that's all the exposure I had to the entire command. I think they just don't wanna pay the dues in terms of bodies to put a representative number of instructors there. While I think it would help in the very long run by attracting better guys to AFSOC (especially important now since F-15E/B1 seem to be the perceived shiny pennies out of there), it makes the immediate fires of not enough 12S manning worse and therefore will not be pursued.

I can think of two platforms that gainfully employ a bunch of CSOs that have exactly zero representation at the school house and the number of studs dropping those platforms has been correspondingly low. Hopefully that's a coincidence and the numbers will pick up and/or they'll release some bodies to go over there and teach one of these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's 11-08's drop...

Buff

AWACS

MC-130W to cannon

MC-130H EWO to hurlburt

RC-135

Buff

Buff

U-28

AC-130U EWO

Buff

C-130 to peterson AD

F-15E

F-15 E

F-15E

Buff

RC-135

C-130 NY ANG

C-130 MN res.

F-15E

C-130 reserve... Dude didn't show up to his drop night

Buff

Buff

C-130 little rock AD

AC-130U nav

Ha! I dunno man. I tell lots of people about these forums, so hopefully more people will sign up and start posting. I know there are some instructors here who post so they can help too.

And no idea about the buffs. I had a thought that there are three CSOs on board so they need more people. That however, does not explain why there haven't been more RCs dropping. Tons of CSOs there too.

Oh well, some folks are pissed about getting buffs, but most are just fine with it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ThatAC130Nav

This is totally just a rumor, so please don't bite my head off...

Word around Pcola is that a dude has already washed out of the AC FTU at KHRT. Seemed like a sharp guy too. Any AC guys notice anything missing from studs coming out of here?

Let me lay this 'Rumor' to rest, as I am the only Nav student from Pensacola currently at the 19th. I suppose I must be the one you're be referring to; I'm still in training, in fact I'm about to hit the Flight Line for the Tac Phase and I'm scheduled to complete training in November. The only set backs I've had in training have been due to the SIM not cooperating, there's been a lot of new mods being added and its been down a lot lately.

As far as I've heard, we've got some bright guys (haven't heard of any Ladies so far) dropping Gunships. I'm looking forward to what the new CSO training out of NPA will bring to the fight in regards to ACs!

And don't forget to point with your elbow, just wanted to give you a nugget's up!

Valid. But from my experience, the elbow pointing has gone by the wayside. Except for in the middle of a good game of crud.

Let me lay this 'Rumor' to rest, as I am the only Nav student from Pensacola currently at the 19th. I suppose I must be the one you're be referring to; I'm still in training, in fact I'm about to hit the Flight Line for the Tac Phase and I'm scheduled to complete training in November. The only set backs I've had in training have been due to the SIM not cooperating, there's been a lot of new mods being added and its been down a lot lately.

As far as I've heard, we've got some bright guys (haven't heard of any Ladies so far) dropping Gunships. I'm looking forward to what the new CSO training out of NPA will bring to the fight in regards to ACs!

Of course it was the sim's fault...

Valid. But from my experience, the elbow pointing has gone by the wayside. Except for in the middle of a good game of crud.

Of course it has gone by the wayside you troglodyte. The only thing worse than taking yourself so seriously that you can't possibly say the word "head" or "box", or point at something you don't intend to kill is in fact playing a game of crud. At the Auger in no less!!

Let me lay this 'Rumor' to rest, as I am the only Nav student from Pensacola currently at the 19th.

I know there has been at least 1 dude who dropped U-28s from P-cola, is he not at the 19th yet I take it?

Good luck and kick ass, thanks for posting truth.

12-01 Drop

B-1 Dyess

U-28 Hurlburt

AC-130 Nav Cannon

MC-130 Nav Kadena

E-3 Tinker

B-1 Dyess

RC-135 Offutt

F-15E SJ

F-15E SJ

B-52 Barksdale

E-8 Warner-Robins

C-130 Yokota

MC-130W Nav Cannon

B-1 Dyess

B-52 Barksdale

B-52 Barksdale

RC-135 Offutt

EC-130 Nav DM

MC-130 Nav Mildenhall

RC-135 Offutt

Guest ThatAC130Nav

Of course it was the sim's fault...

Always is, isn't it?

Guest ThatAC130Nav

I know there has been at least 1 dude who dropped U-28s from P-cola, is he not at the 19th yet I take it?

Good luck and kick ass, thanks for posting truth.

As of Monday we will now have another Nav and an EWO starting AC training at the 19th. The U-28 CSO started a couple weeks ago, though from what he's told me the classes are few and far between right now? Not sure why but its giving him time to study his TO's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...